Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2022 9:03:09 AM EDT
Good morning.  I'm asking this here because I see a lot of you use this sling and I was hoping for some tips.

I have the 03 cotton sling and am on my third buckle.  The forward buckle, the adjustable piece, has 2 ears that the webbing passes through in both directions.  I have, so far, snapped off one of the ears twice trying to adjust them to get the tail end back through.

I there something I can do to the webbing to reduce its thickness without bending the ears?  I've watched videos and it seems like no one else has this issue.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
A picture of the item you are talking about would help.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]

He's talking about this part
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have, so far, snapped off one of the ears twice trying to adjust them to get the tail end back through.
View Quote
Instead of trying to pass the tail (with the metal tab?) back through, can you lay the webbing on top of the ears and then tuck the edges under them one side at a time?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Instead of trying to pass the tail (with the metal tab?) back through, can you lay the webbing on top of the ears and then tuck the edges under them one side at a time?
View Quote

I'll give it another try tonight.  Maybe I can crush the strap a bit with pliers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I don’t think you’re supposed to loop it back under those at all but... I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Not required to go under the ears.  The ears are for the first pass.  Then around the sling swivel and back through the buckle and over the ears.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top