AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
'The nut' posted that he was curious about the BARF-10. I started a similar thread a ways back. Seems not a lot of feedback here yet as these are reletively expensive at 1500.00. [I still want one].
Search back here and at the Industry forums under Bushmaster.

Why do you want to pay $250 more for an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty (as compared to a chrome lined barrel and a lifetime warranty with an ArmaLite)?  In fact, the Eagle Arms division of ArmaLite makes an AR10 with an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty for about $995.

I guess because I had not compared that way. I fired an AR-10 car and it was great. Actually, I think it had the best ergo's of any of the 308's, to me. The BARF-10 I got to try out more reciently and it was A OK with me. Not having compared any other way, It is easy to go with the most recient, positive experiance/choice.  If I end up in Quantico any time in the near future, I just may fall prey to the atmosphere in their nice store.  
 You are right about the money, and Quantico discounts Armalite [ nice store ].
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. This got out of hand right quick.

For some of us, the ability to use FAL mags IS an important consideration. I have yet to pay $9 for a FAL mag. I havent got one yet that cost more than $5.

My wife has been wanting an AR-10 for a while. I, however,  have not been keen on the idea of paying $100 for an AR-10 mag, or cutting up a $50 M-14 mag. (Truth be told, I havent been to keen on the idea of paying $1100+ for a rifle that she'll fire god knows how often, but she wont listen to me and get a FAL. She always has to be difficult.)

So they dropped in price...so what? They are still outrageously expensive. $39 for an AR-10 mag? I guess if you're making a shit-ton of money, thats nothing. To me, thats excessive. As in, I cant afford it. Not for ONE magazine. If it was a couple of mags, package deal kind of thing, then yeah. But $39 a pop mags is the same reason I dont have one of the Sig or H&K 9mm or .40 cal pistols.

Add to that, I already have at least 20 FAL mags. And it would be nice if my rifle and my wife's rifle used the same mags, just in case.

I havent done a whole lot of looking into the Bushmaster .308, though. Since it'd be for her, I want a standard A2 configuration, same as her AR is in. ACE stock, rails on the front sight, all of that is totally meaningless.

Add to all that, I have to order things off the Net if I dont want to get totally raped on the price. Case in point, I was in the gun shop down in Bellefontaine last week, and there was a couple of M14 mags in the case. With a friggin $70 price tag! WTF is he thinking? Not that the shop in Findlay is any better, mind you. Havent been to the one in Lima yet, and Broken Target over in Marion is probably the worst of the lot of local gun stores. I dont count Jacqua's, since they are, IMO, a store for rich elitist shotgun snobs. Kerry would probably feel right at home there.

Anyway, the point....the places that I visit in my quest for ammo, mags, parts, firearms, etc., have AR mags, AK mags, FAL mags, H&K mags, mags for Bren guns and Tommy guns, mags for things that I've never heard of, but AR-10 mags are like hens teeth. Yes, I know, I could get the directly from ArmaLite (or, hopefully I could, anyway. They dont to like some companies and say "Talk to our dealers", do they?). But we're right back to that $39 a mag problem again.

I sure am glad that some people like their AR-10's enough that they are more than happy to spend serious amounts of time bashing Bushmaster's .308 rifle, and anyone that might be thinking about owning one. I really wish I had the money to be able to buy an AR-10 and a shitload of mags, and the time to talk mad shit on the Bushmaster rifle and the people who consider one.

But I dont have either.

I am glad you like your rifles. Dont take that as sarcasm. And I DO wish that I could afford to get the mags for one. But even if I could, I might still go with the Bushmaster instead, if for no other reason than, like I said, I'd like my rifle and my wife's rifle to use the same mags.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow. This got out of hand right quick.

For some of us, the ability to use FAL mags IS an important consideration. I have yet to pay $9 for a FAL mag. I havent got one yet that cost more than $5.

My wife has been wanting an AR-10 for a while. I, however,  have not been keen on the idea of paying $100 for an AR-10 mag, or cutting up a $50 M-14 mag. (Truth be told, I havent been to keen on the idea of paying $1100+ for a rifle that she'll fire god knows how often, but she wont listen to me and get a FAL. She always has to be difficult.)

So they dropped in price...so what? They are still outrageously expensive. $39 for an AR-10 mag? I guess if you're making a shit-ton of money, thats nothing. To me, thats excessive. As in, I cant afford it. Not for ONE magazine. If it was a couple of mags, package deal kind of thing, then yeah. But $39 a pop mags is the same reason I dont have one of the Sig or H&K 9mm or .40 cal pistols.

Add to that, I already have at least 20 FAL mags. And it would be nice if my rifle and my wife's rifle used the same mags, just in case.

I havent done a whole lot of looking into the Bushmaster .308, though. Since it'd be for her, I want a standard A2 configuration, same as her AR is in. ACE stock, rails on the front sight, all of that is totally meaningless.

Add to all that, I have to order things off the Net if I dont want to get totally raped on the price. Case in point, I was in the gun shop down in Bellefontaine last week, and there was a couple of M14 mags in the case. With a friggin $70 price tag! WTF is he thinking? Not that the shop in Findlay is any better, mind you. Havent been to the one in Lima yet, and Broken Target over in Marion is probably the worst of the lot of local gun stores. I dont count Jacqua's, since they are, IMO, a store for rich elitist shotgun snobs. Kerry would probably feel right at home there.

Anyway, the point....the places that I visit in my quest for ammo, mags, parts, firearms, etc., have AR mags, AK mags, FAL mags, H&K mags, mags for Bren guns and Tommy guns, mags for things that I've never heard of, but AR-10 mags are like hens teeth. Yes, I know, I could get the directly from ArmaLite (or, hopefully I could, anyway. They dont to like some companies and say "Talk to our dealers", do they?). But we're right back to that $39 a mag problem again.

I sure am glad that some people like their AR-10's enough that they are more than happy to spend serious amounts of time bashing Bushmaster's .308 rifle, and anyone that might be thinking about owning one. I really wish I had the money to be able to buy an AR-10 and a shitload of mags, and the time to talk mad shit on the Bushmaster rifle and the people who consider one.

But I dont have either.

I am glad you like your rifles. Dont take that as sarcasm. And I DO wish that I could afford to get the mags for one. But even if I could, I might still go with the Bushmaster instead, if for no other reason than, like I said, I'd like my rifle and my wife's rifle to use the same mags.

TK -

I live near Findlay, if you/your wife want to shoot one of my AR10s before you buy, let me know.

I feel your pain regarding local dealers.  I can't stand TNT, nothing like walking into a store that smells like a pool hall. Jaquas isn't all bad.  I have a buddy who picked up a NIB AR10T with a shitload of accessories for $1250. (Lucky bastard.)  I don't have the budget for a Perazzi or a Kreighoff, but I've bought a few guns there.  Have you ever been to Ottawa Ordnance?  Darrin is an ArmaLite dealer, though he doesn't keep very many in stock.  Heck, you're not that far from ADCO, go up to Toledo and say hello to Steve.

I really don't feel that $40/mag is that bad.  How many mags does your wife really need?  Two come with the rifle, if she doesn't shoot much, that might be all she needs.

You don't find AR10 mags on the shelves very often, but they are readily available in the EE, as well as direct from ArmaLite.

You're only seeing part of the picture in the AR10 v. BARF-10 issue.  What started the whole mess was a few guys who couldn't get their AR10s to run (perhaps due to operator error/ignorance), who decided to troll every ArmaLite thread.  

Bottom line, the Bushmaster is a more expensive gun that offers less.  I can't wait for the shock the Bushy guys find if they ever decide to sell their Bushmasters.  I'll bet that the resale value is far less than the ArmaLites.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You're only seeing part of the picture in the AR10 v. BARF-10 issue.  What started the whole mess was a few guys who couldn't get their AR10s to run (perhaps due to operator error/ignorance), who decided to troll every ArmaLite thread.  

You ArmaLite guys love to say this. What a load of

The fact is the AR-10 has had growing pains with a number of issues. To imply they are all "operator" error is A)brainless,  B) disingenuous, C)both A & B.

OK, maybe you guys do have a point. Some AR-10 users are obviously ignorant if they don't, sand, file, and repeatedly compress the springs of their new AR-10 mags with rulers before using them. Don't ALL NIB guns and magazines require this? Idiot newbies... They are obviously bufffoons for having their AR-10 FTF, FTE,  or have the fucking magazine fall out under recoil because something is out of spec. SUUURE, it is the users fault.

Those of you in denial refuse to see it when the threads addressing these problems pop up. The same old tired from the same old posters comes up again and again. Did any of you guys take a moment and count the number of guys who were having a number of issues with their SEBRs in the SEBR forum and on the AR10 forum? I did. Newsflash, it was more than 1 or 2, and it was a number of issues-within a limited number of rifles.

Maybe we need to start a new "Would you trust your life to your AR-10?" thread
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why?  So the same "mystery voters" who voted that the Bushmaster is better than the Armalite can chime on?

What's great is that despite buying a rifle with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, folks want to cry about it on the internet.

Why not have them SHUT THE FUCK UP, and send it back.  Oh, yeah they did that....and it still doesn't work.....so let's cry about it some more.

You know I had some issues with a pretty expensive LMT upper, I made one thread posted what happened and now I parted the upper out.....

It's called SHUTTING THE FUCK UP AND MOVING THE FUCK ON.......the upper was f'ed and that was that......I have better things to do -- like busting the heads of all the crybabies who like to dwell on the issue.

I'm pretty sure the reason there are so many posts on here regarding Armalites is in DIRECT proportion to the number of ACTUAL responses from those industry partners.

I GUARANTEE that if you had a Colt rep on here there would be a lot more, "Why are my FCG pins the wrong size -- why won't you fix that..?"  type posts.  Or if the Bushmaster reps responded more than once a month to a couple threads you'd have the threads like, "Why don't you park under the sight base like Colt does....and if I send it back will you."-type threads.

If the Armalite reps stopped responding there would only be Bushmaster, Armalite and Colt fans beating each other up -- and even though I enjoy kicking the shit out of gaijin's blatant misrepresentations even that would get old before not too long......

Machines break....Bushmaster and Armalite and Colt are all machines.  Some have provided a means to take care of breakages.  Others have provided limited means to do so.

I find it amusing that people will pay more for less.  You can spin it any way you like, but at the end of the day people are willing to pay A LOT more for the Bushmaster product despite being able to get the same thing for less.  That's fine.

PT Barnum had a saying for that....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Well damn, why you guys aren't buying older M1As with USGI parts is the REAL mystery to me
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
SP-10, that is the easiest post to answer, and without offense to anybody!
Action shooting.  M1-A is a blast, for me to shoot and enjoy. Setting changes to ; how fast can you clean a load of targets at various distances moving, unsupported? This is where these evil pistol gripped models shine.  They will even shoot up a nice day at leisure.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well damn, why you guys aren't buying older M1As with USGI parts is the REAL mystery to me

You know MY answer....

Changing to a USGI parted model isn't going to help my issues with the M1A.....

Though if you'd like to sell that loaded I sold to you for say $500...I might hunt down some USGI parts.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  So the same "mystery voters" who voted that the Bushmaster is better than the Armalite can chime on?

What's great is that despite buying a rifle with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, folks want to cry about it on the internet.

Why not have them SHUT THE FUCK UP, and send it back.  Oh, yeah they did that....and it still doesn't work.....so let's cry about it some more.

You know I had some issues with a pretty expensive LMT upper, I made one thread posted what happened and now I parted the upper out.....

It's called SHUTTING THE FUCK UP AND MOVING THE FUCK ON.......the upper was f'ed and that was that......I have better things to do -- like busting the heads of all the crybabies who like to dwell on the issue.

I'm pretty sure the reason there are so many posts on here regarding Armalites is in DIRECT proportion to the number of ACTUAL responses from those industry partners.

I GUARANTEE that if you had a Colt rep on here there would be a lot more, "Why are my FCG pins the wrong size -- why won't you fix that..?"  type posts.  Or if the Bushmaster reps responded more than once a month to a couple threads you'd have the threads like, "Why don't you park under the sight base like Colt does....and if I send it back will you."-type threads.

If the Armalite reps stopped responding there would only be Bushmaster, Armalite and Colt fans beating each other up -- and even though I enjoy kicking the shit out of gaijin's blatant misrepresentations even that would get old before not too long......

Machines break....Bushmaster and Armalite and Colt are all machines.  Some have provided a means to take care of breakages.  Others have provided limited means to do so.

I find it amusing that people will pay more for less.  You can spin it any way you like, but at the end of the day people are willing to pay A LOT more for the Bushmaster product despite being able to get the same thing for less.  That's fine.

PT Barnum had a saying for that....

Ahhhhh, challenging on so may levels ... where to begin?

If people vote for Bushmaster they are "mystery voters," but the votes for ArmaLite without supporting posts are real votes.  Yeah, right.

Due to the number of reported problems with AR-10's, without a lifetime warranty I bet ArmaLite would be out of the .308 business.  Even with the lifetime warranty, when someone pays over $1,000 for a gun, the expectation is that it will work out of the box.  If that is not the case, then it should at least work after being sent back to the factory for "adjustment" once.  More than that is simply not a quality product.

It's amazing to me so many people know so much about how bad the Bushmaster BAR-10/.308 is without owning one.  An opinion not based on experience is just rumor.

Yes, machines break.  However, they should not be broken when new from the factory.  And when they do break, like the broken extractor in my BAR-10, a user-installable part overnighted from the factory at no charge is more acceptable to me than, "Better box old Betsy up and send her back to ArmaLite.  But don't worry - lifetime warranty!"

I like this one better than P.T. Barnum:

Men who are out of humor with themselves often see their own condition reflected in the world outside them, and everything seems amiss because it is not well with themselves.
    -James Anthony Froude.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ahhhhh, challenging on so may levels ... where to begin?

Why not avoid the post, like you have said you would OVER AND OVER AND OVER....troll.

If people vote for Bushmaster they are "mystery voters," but the votes for ArmaLite without supporting posts are real votes.  Yeah, right.

It's quite easy to substantiate the AR-10 owner's, I believe a few more than 30 were sold just in the SEBR deal from last year -- when you start using the brain God gave you I will be shocked -- shocked I tell you....

Due to the number of reported problems with AR-10's, without a lifetime warranty I bet ArmaLite would be out of the .308 business.

That's just it -- and what makes your threads and jumping up and down all the more humorous.  The total returns vs. total sales are not what is reflected here by THE SAME guys regurgitating the same shit over and over again....

Even with the lifetime warranty, when someone pays over $1,000 for a gun, the expectation is that it will work out of the box.  If that is not the case, then it should at least work after being sent back to the factory for "adjustment" once.  More than that is simply not a quality product.

I seem to remember people with mag conversion issues claiming that was Armalite's fault.  I remember folks who claim not understanding adjutable FSB's as Armalite's fault, I also recall folks using the shitty surplus ammo in a (T) upper designed for Match ammo claiming that it was Armalite's fault.  There are many things that ARE ARMALITE's fault many of them get corrected in a timely manner those that don't are truly a surprise to me.  Hell, gs430 got a whole new rifle.  southern_raider got back a rifle that seems to be done right and a bucnh of new mags retrofitted to current spec.  Again, there are far fewer problems vs. total sales than is outlined here, to believe otherwise is pure folly.  Yet, I am not shocked that you are incapable of reasoning that out.

It's amazing to me so many people know so much about how bad the Bushmaster BAR-10/.308 is without owning one.  An opinion not based on experience is just rumor.

You won't see me comment on anything other than the FACTS....MSRP, Street price, features....I need not go any further.  The Bushmaster fails in the BASIC facts......why go further?

Yes, machines break.  However, they should not be broken when new from the factory.  And when they do break, like the broken extractor in my BAR-10, a user-installable part overnighted from the factory at no charge is more acceptable to me than, "Better box old Betsy up and send her back to ArmaLite.  But don't worry - lifetime warranty!"

Maybe you should learn how to speak to people, and ask for what you want/need.  Man the fuck up.  Here say it with me, "I will NOT send my rifle back for this MINOR PROBLEM.  The part that is broken is an extractor, please send me one.  If that does not work I will send it back."  See how easy that was?  Again reasonable people are capable of this sort of dialogue.  I imagine you are very irrational and unreasonable...so I can imagine why this might be challenging.  I, and many others, apparently don't suffer these issues and are able to interact with customer service and technical service folks without having them run the show.

Again, less for more.....it's YOUR money...spend it however you like.  I enjoy getting top value for MY money.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, maybe you guys do have a point. Some AR-10 users are obviously ignorant if they don't, sand, file, and repeatedly compress the springs of their new AR-10 mags with rulers before using them. Don't ALL NIB guns and magazines require this? Idiot newbies... They are obviously bufffoons for having their AR-10 FTF, FTE,  or have the fucking magazine fall out under recoil because something is out of spec. SUUURE, it is the users fault.

I have ~25 AR10 mags that all work fine.  Some are factory-built, most are 'kit' mags.  I have never sanded them, filed them, or done anything but LOAD them and pull the trigger.

Those of you in denial refuse to see it when the threads addressing these problems pop up. The same old tired from the same old posters comes up again and again. Did any of you guys take a moment and count the number of guys who were having a number of issues with their SEBRs in the SEBR forum and on the AR10 forum? I did. Newsflash, it was more than 1 or 2, and it was a number of issues-within a limited number of rifles.

Please give me some hard facts (not anecdotes) on the SEBR problems.  And remember, there were over a hundred SEBR sold. 140, IIRC.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Hey, rightwingnut!

This all started with you asking questions about the Bushmaster 308, right?

If you're still interested, why don't you start a new thread in the Bushmaster Industry Forum so we can lose these AR-10 Trolls?

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hey, rightwingnut!

This all started with you asking questions about the Bushmaster 308, right?

If you're still interested, why don't you start a new thread in the Bushmaster Industry Forum so we can lose these AR-10 Trolls?

Actually, troll.....this thread was STARTED in the AR10 forum and was moved after the AR10 guys answered with their opinions in the context of his question.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Slash, I am just going to send you a PM, it will be a lot easier than wading thru the cesspool that this outhouse of a topic is quickly devolving into.

Never been to Ottawa Ordnance, or up to ADCO. I avoid Toleduh like the plague.  I may have to go to OO sometime, though.

Jacqua's isnt ALL bad, just 99%. I bought one thing there, a Springfield 1911. I still dont know if I paid too much, but I like it, and thats all that really matters, now isnt it?

I will add, though, that I havent made up my mind either way, on which rifle to get. At the time I first started looking, AR-10's were $1300+ and mags were $100 or so for a 20 rounder, or cut up a $50 M14 mag. Now that those arent the only options, I am more than willing to entertain the idea of an AR-10 instead of the Bushmaster. Esp. if I can find a way to get mags cheaper than $40 a pop. I like to have at least 10 mags for each mag-fed semi-auto rifle that I own. Still got some work to do with the SAR-2, and maybe a couple AK-47 mags to get to reach my magic number, but AR and FAL are taken care of in that dept.  So to answer the question of how many I need, AT LEAST ten, more likely more. My wife would shoot much more often if the stupidtrapshooters would stop taking BOTH weekend days at the range where I am a member, or if I would get up off my ass and get a membership at the range down in West Mansfield. I dont think I could get away with only getting her a couple mags. She'd probably threaten to use the AR-10 on ME!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
AR-10's were $1300+ and mags were $100 or so for a 20 rounder, or cut up a $50 M14 mag. Now that those arent the only options, I am more than willing to entertain the idea of an AR-10 instead of the Bushmaster. Esp. if I can find a way to get mags cheaper than $40 a pop.

I'm not sure I have EVER seen an AR-10 mag for $100.  The stock ones from Armalite were MSRP'ed at $85.  For at least a year past there was a guy selling those same mags on the EE for $55.xx, he now sells them for around $36.....

I think taking Slash up on his offer would be a solid way to try out the different platforms.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AR-10's were $1300+ and mags were $100 or so for a 20 rounder, or cut up a $50 M14 mag. Now that those arent the only options, I am more than willing to entertain the idea of an AR-10 instead of the Bushmaster. Esp. if I can find a way to get mags cheaper than $40 a pop.

I'm not sure I have EVER seen an AR-10 mag for $100.  The stock ones from Armalite were MSRP'ed at $85.  For at least a year past there was a guy selling those same mags on the EE for $55.xx, he now sells them for around $36.....

I think taking Slash up on his offer would be a solid way to try out the different platforms.....

I do remember $100 AR-10 mags.  In fact, back in 2001 when ArmaLite did not have any in stock, and if you could find one at a gun show, $100 was a bargain price.

BTW, it appears ArmaLite is out of stock, again.

Check Post in the ArmaLite Industry Forum
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BTW, it appears ArmaLite is out of stock, again.

Apparently they are priced right then, huh?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#18]
A joker by the name of Bob Swanson had NIW AR-10 mags routinely for $110, IIRC, listed in Gun List. Did he ever sell any at that price???

Slash, if it can be found now, look over the "SEBR Range Report" thread which was in the SEBR forum when the rifles were finaily being delivered and shot. It was a ~5+ page thread. This obviously goes back a few months. I believe there were at least 8-9 board members who had issues ranging from FTF/FTE (mag problems?), loose handguards, etc. Some were less than impressed with accuracy as well. If you can find the thread, look for yourself. It was a significant number out of the total posters on the thread. I was quite surprised actually. I also saw a few SEBR complaints in the AR10 forum as well, but not as concentrated as on this particular thread.

Hard facts? I can only point you in the right direction, and you can read what others posted on the topic.

Just did a search. No joy. It is more than 3 months old. If we had archives (hint, hint), it would be easy to find.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I do remember $100 AR-10 mags.  In fact, back in 2001 when ArmaLite did not have any in stock, and if you could find one at a gun show, $100 was a bargain price.

Yeah, at a gun show huh?  Gee I still see $2500 Colt "prebans" at gunshows.  I also see $1200 VariXIII's in gun shop cases.  How about those beater grade CMP Garands for $1750?

Idiots can place price tags of whatever they like on their stuff at the gun shops and shows.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A joker by the name of Bob Swanson had NIW AR-10 mags routinely for $110, IIRC, listed in Gun List. Did he ever sell any at that price???

Exactly....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Did any of you "experts" even own an AR-10 in 2001?

I didn't think so ...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I didn't think so ...

How many retarded trolls have owned an AR-10 since 2001 or before and haven't fixed the problems DESPITE the lifetime warranty, and/or their claimed gun knowledge/expertise?

I believe my first AR-10 was purchased in early 2002, so I guess I missed some random cut-off, like the 20 mag minimum you like to use.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think so ...

How many retarded trolls have owned an AR-10 since 2001 or before and haven't fixed the problems DESPITE the lifetime warranty, and/or their claimed gun knowledge/expertise?

I believe my first AR-10 was purchased in early 2002, so I guess I missed some random cut-off, like the 20 mag minimum you like to use.

I'll take that as a "NO!"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think so ...

I'll take that as a "NO!"

I believe the answer is clear.  But since you are apparently a little slow, yes 2002 is after 2001.

So I guess I missed some random gaijin cutoff that means jack shit to anyone else in this world.

Not really sure what this means to anyone other than you, since nearly EVERYTHING that was going on in 2001 has changed in the past couple years in regards to the AR10.

There are now collapsible stocks.  $39 NEW mags.  Flash suppressors.  New mag catch designs.  New magazine followers.  New extractor spring designs.  New caliber offerings.  New configurations.

FWIW, I'm sure we have quite a few pre-2001 owners here.

How many AR10's have you owned gayjen?  Is it the two like you claimed previously?  The two that you can't seem to fix?  I mean owning two examples of one type of rifle and claiming some "highground" on expertise is a little asinine, don't you think?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I didn't think so ...

Mine was ordered in 2001 and I got it in early 2002. I don't know for sure but I "believe" mine was made in 2001. I never checked because it does not make any difference to me when it was made.

BTW 100% reliable with factory mags, converted mags, surplus ammo and factory match ammo! What more can I ask for?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
BTW 100% reliable with factory mags, converted mags, surplus ammo and factory match ammo! What more can I ask for?

An Ace Stock........

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An Ace Stock........

Ambidextrous Tampax dispenser.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An Ace Stock........

Ambidextrous Tampax dispenser.

Nearly fell out of the chair......
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread sucks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#31]

I bought my Armalite  AR10A2  rifle  in 1999 & spent the next 2.5yrs trying to get that
piece of shit rifle to work.   A trip back to the factory, a 2nd bolt & carrier, the
crappy magazines etc.

I loved that gun when I bought it, I wanted to love it even after it kept malfunctioning.
I finally sold that lemon & moved on.  

I do own 2 other .223/5.56  Armalites so I gave the company a couple more chances.
Both functioned reliably  but had some other minor issues, so I swore Armalite off.
 Armalite's QC  seems lacking from my experience, I've never had any problems with my
Bushmaster/RRA/Colt rifles/uppers.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
no one seems to like me. especially after i tell them to take their shitmaster and go home.

Thats probably why.

...but it's usually a good start.....

Hey Ed!

How is that LMT upper running?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
no one seems to like me. especially after i tell them to take their shitmaster and go home.

Thats probably why.

Hey Ed!

Don't know, you'll have to ask Holphophile how the upper rec'r mated to his barrel and parts....

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats probably why.

Hey Ed!

Don't know, you'll have to ask Holphophile how the upper rec'r mated to his barrel and parts....

I seen it after the operation

You can shoot my new Bushmaster BAR-10 Runs fine for gotm4 and madhatter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats probably why.

Hey Ed!

I seen it after the operation

100% if i had the money right now i would own one
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

My Armalite ran 100% for madhatter too......kinda cool.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes it did it's the reason i got a AR-10 and like i said before my 16 has run 100% for me..
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your Armalite looks good with the Free Float tube, just wish I could a trigger like you put in yours.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I think your Armalite looks good with the Free Float tube, just wish I could a trigger like you put in yours.

Trigger is fine now.  Just needed to read the instructins before I messed with it.  Set screw simply needed a minor turning and it is SWEET now.

......and STILL has a LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trigger is fine now.  Just needed to read the instructins before I messed with it.  Set screw simply needed a minor turning and it is SWEET now.

......and STILL has a LIFETIME WARRANTY.

True, very true

I want to learn the 5 shot trigger job, darn if they teach that at Aberdeen.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I want to learn the 5 shot trigger job, darn if they teach that at Aberdeen.

KAC special.....simply take the set screw down too far.....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top