Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
icky
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to play Necromancer on this thread but I came across it and feel to compelled to admit (with shame) that I was an owner of a Hesse HAR-15. About 10yrs ago I decided I wanted an AR and being young, ignorant & foolish (is that redundant?) bought the cheapest I could find. The lower was cast aluminum but didn't have a chance to break because I couldn't get it fire enough. Never more then 2 or 3 rounds without a failure to feed, fire or eject. Calling it a piece of crap is insulting to turds. I finally gave up and it is one of a very few guns I've sold, to a pawn shop for a substantial loss. Recently got back in the AR pool with a RRA & Stag they are...much better. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest I feel much better now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
But wait! everyone knows they are the MACHINE GUNS OF THE SPECIAL FORCES!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/vulcan_logo.jpg

Man, you guys are reading it wrong!!!!

They ARE "the machine gun of the "SPECIAL" Forces".  The ones that ride the tacticool short bus.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
POS .  Some gut at a local store was trying to offload some Vulcans/Heese with the plastic lower and told me he "heard good things about " hesse/vulcan.  Those guys were full of shit .  Vulcans are garbage.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
STAY AWAY....

Hesse change to Vulcan. Then started Blackthorne.  Now they are Velocity Firearms.

They keep changing their name but the lack of Quality stays the same.

I have redone many barreled upper that people got from Black thorne they seem to be put together by a monkey in the back room.   And the monkey must have been drunk..

Please visit us at www.velocityfirearms.com

> Subject: RE: Message from Velocity Firearms
> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:15:43 -0500
> From:
> To:
>
> Is or was Vulcan/Hesse the same company as the current Velocity arms?
>
>
> ––––-Original Message––––-
> From: Daniel Riesland
> Sent: Mon 12/22/2008 6:08 PM
> To:
> Subject: RE: Message from Velocity Firearms
>
>
> Hello,
>
> Velocity does not provide warranty services on there lowers. Contact the manufacturer of the lower.
>
> Please visit us at www.velocityfirearms.com

“Velocity bought the rights to the V10-45 about a year ago.”

Bought the rights?   That’s like admitting you paid Rosie O’Donnell for a blow job, what kind of marketing genius would confess to buying the rights to manufacture a POS like that?      

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't hold your breath ever seeing one on 'the blue couch'.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its not the Spam inside that I am making fun of. It is that Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne/et al use the same tin pressing machinery to manufacture their lowers that Spam uses to make their cans...

No way!  The "tin pressing machinery" costs more and has to maintain dimensions!  The 2-piece aluminum Spam cans are made by Silgan Containers...I used to work for them, but not at that plant, lol.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
this shit is funny
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Did someone say Hesse?

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Just curious but is that not a picture of the lower that was being used with the wrong buffer letting the carrier slam into the rear of the lower?
My early Hesse cast receiver has never broken.
Of course I never shoot it either.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I am so glad there are so many weapon engineers that THINK they can analyze a failure from a couple of pics. This lower was used with the correct buffer, spring, upper, etc. It failed on ME on the second shot. The lower has been available to anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area to inspect and analyze the fault. ALL the parts from that rifle are now in a STAG lower and have been functioning for about 3 years now. Nothing was changed. But, of course, this is the internet. Anyone can say anything they want, including me. I am still not going to use a Hesse/Vulcan product. YMMV though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I did buy a genuine Yugo M70 pistol grip frpm Velocity
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#13]
The fact that they keep changing their name should be a clue. If your products are so bad that you need to trick people into buying them, it's probably a bad idea to do business with you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are wonderful.

As long as you never have to actually shoot them.

http://i35.tinypic.com/55gdjs.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/23hkb2g.jpg

Is that cast?

Plastic.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:00:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am so glad there are so many weapon engineers that THINK they can analyze a failure from a couple of pics. This lower was used with the correct buffer, spring, upper, etc. It failed on ME on the second shot. The lower has been available to anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area to inspect and analyze the fault. ALL the parts from that rifle are now in a STAG lower and have been functioning for about 3 years now. Nothing was changed. But, of course, this is the internet. Anyone can say anything they want, including me. I am still not going to use a Hesse/Vulcan product. YMMV though.

Know what a question mark is?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did buy a genuine Yugo M70 pistol grip frpm Velocity

what? WHAT!!? Jcrowl is a closet Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne/Victory/Vascectomy/Velocity fanboy?
Thats it, I'm cancelling my 'rent to own lease' on my used blue couch

Thou protests too much

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quality, accuracy, customer service, or what?

all of the above.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top