Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/1/2006 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I keep meaning to order a couple of these...
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the end result of one of my global tactical lowers.

Link Posted: 7/2/2006 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is my complete rifle built with a Global Tactical Lower I bought last week. Great quality and allmost perfect(small imperfection) and one of the best finishes I have seen. Thanks Denny these are awsome.

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1569/picture0257um.jpg
Link Posted: 7/2/2006 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have 102

and 52, and 12

And I agree, they are the shitttt......
compared to my stag, of course, very comparable... compared to my Eagle arms... so much better...
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2006 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here. I am building my cousin a rifle right now and I think it deserves one of Dennys lowers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2006 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Denny,

Do you offer any of your lowers complete? I'm looking for a complete lower with RRA 2 stage trigger, marked pistol only, without any buffer tube? TIA!!!

Roger
Link Posted: 7/4/2006 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2006 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I am allready plannig another build and Denny it is your fault, you offer such a good lower at such a great price that I just cant resist it. Need a gun to lend to freinds when I go shooting anyways.(see rationalizing) Keep it up and you just became my favorite place to get AR parts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Shame on you guys for negatively influencing another person.  Looks like I'll have to visit one of my dealers and place an order for one of them there purty lowers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi, first post and two questions related to lower receivers.

1) What is the function of having a lower receiver marked "pistol only"?

2) What is the significance of those two screws above the trigger being linked together, as I've seen in numerous pictures including this site's home graphic?

I tried searching for both of these issues/questions but got no results.

Thanks,
B.
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hi, first post and two questions related to lower receivers.

1) What is the function of having a lower receiver marked "pistol only"? just in case type thing but usually to make more money from you when not needed unless you are in a state that requires you to register pistols. check out the pistol forum, there are letters stating a stripped lower is just that until you build it up.

2) What is the significance of those two screws above the trigger being linked together, as I've seen in numerous pictures including this site's home graphic? to keep the pins from spinning and eventually "egging" out the holes

I tried searching for both of these issues/questions but got no results.

Thanks,
B.
Link Posted: 7/5/2006 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#14]
eklikwhoa,

Thanks for the info.

B.
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I spoke to my local gun shop today and gave them the printout for the cmt lower for $179 and they're supposed to contact gts to arrange faxing a copy of their fll to them.  Then I'll be ordering two lowers through them.  Shame shame on all of you who've so influenced me to this end.
Link Posted: 7/7/2006 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#17]
The lady at the gun shop I use, Ubers Lock & Gun in Pensacola wasn't there yesterday so I couldn't talk to her about making the order. Perhaps I'll be able to catch her Monday before work so I can get those lowers ordered.
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#18]

[b]Great Lowers!!    I have.......Well...Enough to build a couple of more anyways Can't go wrong with them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/14/2006 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Well I went back today to talk to the boss lady and once again she was not there so I could not place my order.  This has been so frustrating that I'm currently researching acquiring my own ffl so I can buy what I want when I want it.
Edit:  I just placed my order with the atf document center for the ffl paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/15/2006 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[b]Great Lowers!!    I have.......Well...Enough to build a couple of more anyways Can't go wrong with them.

Tom

Thanks for your continuing business and support.  It is appreciated.

Denny

Denny, you are just too good. Your receivers are the best. I will be buying another lower from you pretty soon for the project you helped me with Thursday, BTW, thank you very much.

Anyone who does not do business with you has no idea what they are missing. I will continue to go to you for all my AR needs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/21/2006 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Denny

Good to see the wind damage and power outages have't slowed you down....
Link Posted: 8/2/2006 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Well got another oderered on monday and Denny got it out same day. Thanks Denny and your product is kick ass, keep getting complements on the clean rollmark and dark finish, you have earned my loyalty.
Link Posted: 8/2/2006 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Since someone else brought this topic back up, here is a picture of my other GTS lower, almost completed :)

Link Posted: 8/3/2006 4:12:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Since someone else brought this topic back up, here is a picture of my other GTS lower, almost completed :)

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/98hd/000_0155.jpg

updated picture with the m4-2000 is a must!!!!

i have mine in transit and should be approved any day now
Link Posted: 8/3/2006 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/98hd/000_0155.jpg

updated picture with the m4-2000 is a must!!!!

i have mine in transit and should be approved any day now

Might take awhile, still waiting on a new opinion from our AG here in MI on the suppressor issue.  I'm just planning ahead w/ the mount :)
Link Posted: 8/4/2006 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#29]
OK.  Here is my little review of the GT lowers.  Denny was great to work with and very accomodating!  I installed one of the GT lowers on my duty carbine, a 16" Bushy M4gery, with keyhole flat top UR, YHM lightweight FF handguard, VFG, Leatherwood Red Dot, Ergo grip, and Streamlight M3 w/ remote tapeswitch.

The lowers look very nice, and fit just slightly tight (perfect for my liking) with the Bushy upper.  The finish is just a bit duller and grayer (even after cleaning and lubing), but that may change as cleanings continue.  The inside of the magwell is very nice....smoother than Bushy's and makes for easier mag changes.

The only concern I have is the GT finish.  After installing the LPK, it showed some wear, or very slight "chipping" on some of the sharp areas (where the mag release button enters the side of the lower, where the bolt lock drops into the top of the lower, and where the trigger and hammer pins came through the side of the lower) that I have never had happen with a lower before!?hock.gif  And no, this is not the first lower I have put together, I was using the correct tools, and was very careful (I may try to snap some pics of the chipping tomorrow).  Its barely noticable, in fact, most people wouldn't see it if it wasn't pointed out to them.  Its not a concern at all for this duty rifle, but does make me wonder how the finish will hold up to rough use.  Maybe Denny can comment on how these lowers are finished and how it compares to the standard Stag ones or other manufacturers.  Maybe this one was just a fluke?

I am happy with the lowers and would/will buy more in the future.

Below are some pics of a used Bushmaster lower and two GT's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/lowers1-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/lowers2-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/lowers3-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/lowers4-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/lowers5-1.jpg

Bushmaster lower with Bushmaster A2 upper:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/match1-1.jpg

GT lower with Bushmaster A2 upper:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/match2-1.jpg

Completed rifle with Bushmaster A3 keyhole upper (sorry for the blurry ones):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/complete1-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/complete2-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/complete3-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/jimbo45/complete4-1.jpg
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#30]
not denny's lower but denny's recon bbl.. im still gathering parts and waiting for an approval on the lower but wanted to bump the thread with some pictures.

Link Posted: 8/14/2006 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#31]
You know I had every intention of buying two of his lowers however my local dealer was never there so I could.  I ended up buying a dpms and a double star lower from the gun show two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textQuote><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textQuote><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Quoted:
So they are made by Stag?

<hr height=1px color=black noshade>

yes they are.
<hr height=1px color=black noshade>

I will be getting some then.  

No more stupid deer logo.  

The deer head kicks ass!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/4/2006 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#35]
sorry for the lack of update but i have been swamped at work and getting everything taken care of.

the suppressed/sbr .22lr on the gts lower project is still in the works but xmas is just around the corner now
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Beautiful.  Just beautiful.
Link Posted: 11/12/2006 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#37]
bump
Link Posted: 11/12/2006 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Are these still in stock? Site says out of stock. If they are in stock put my name on one!
Link Posted: 11/13/2006 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#39]
give him a call, denny will let you know right then and there whats the status of the lowers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2006 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I did.
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#42]
No offense but I think it is completely lame. I mean how creative to finally put your name on a lower and just spell it out? No cool badge or logo- just some lame words. Sorry but it should be a signature, something creative, a company symbol of some type. I mean yah it might be mil-spec yada, yada, but c'mon- you have a machine shop and this is the most creative of a lower you can produce? If I had a machine shop and was in your shoes I would come out with one fucking hell of a lower. It would be beefed up, re-enforced, have the gator grip front strap, integrated trigger guard, and a really cool logo that just screamed bad ass. Yah I know, I don't have a machine shop, and one day I'll- well I'm not living the dream, I work in a boring business, work with asshole clients who bitch all day. See this is why when I come home I want a baddass lower on my rifle, something I am proud to own, not just some new mil-spec, yawn, lower with nothing on it. Anyway this is my opinion, no one elses and not trying to trash your product but yes it could be made badass. This isn't the equipment exchange so I am here to give my opinion. If anyone chimed in this lower is badass then they are lying, compaire it to a Mega, Sun Devil, and this is about as cool as a Stag lower- nothing special.

Just my opinion,

Link Posted: 11/14/2006 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
No offense but I think it is completely lame. I mean how creative to finally put your name on a lower and just spell it out? No cool badge or logo- just some lame words. Sorry but it should be a signature, something creative, a company symbol of some type. I mean yah it might be mil-spec yada, yada, but c'mon- you have a machine shop and this is the most creative of a lower you can produce? If I had a machine shop and was in your shoes I would come out with one fucking hell of a lower. It would be beefed up, re-enforced, have the gator grip front strap, integrated trigger guard, and a really cool logo that just screamed bad ass. Yah I know, I don't have a machine shop, and one day I'll- well I'm not living the dream, I work in a boring business, work with asshole clients who bitch all day. See this is why when I come home I want a baddass lower on my rifle, something I am proud to own, not just some new mil-spec, yawn, lower with nothing on it. Anyway this is my opinion, no one elses and not trying to trash your product but yes it could be made badass. This isn't the equipment exchange so I am here to give my opinion. If anyone chimed in this lower is badass then they are lying, compaire it to a Mega, Sun Devil, and this is about as cool as a Stag lower- nothing special.

Just my opinion,

Thanks for your 2 cents...

Anybody got that poster of a GI where he says "how about a nice hot cup of SHUT THE HELL UP"  ?

We buy Denny's lowers because unlike the "cool" ones, they work and are dimensionally perfect.  They do not have to be sent back because parts won't fit or because the finish is bad.  They are good for the WORK that the rifle is intended for...not to look cool.  

And BTW, I think that a clean simple look is cool.  

Maybe you could call another maker and have them crank out the Bling Bling K-fed special with a FUBU logo on the side and some diamond inserts...

Link Posted: 11/14/2006 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Just my opinion,

There are many of us that really like a basic, well finished, plane lower, not covered in all sorts of additional and proprietary 'stuff' with subtle roll marks at a good price.  For those in this category, these lowers are what we have been wanting for a while.
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#45]
i have yet needed or witness the need for a "reinforced" lower receiver.

KISS

everyone has their preference and with that we are blessed with a giant market of ar's and ar accessories.
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
a really cool logo that just screamed bad ass.

I want a baddass lower on my rifle

but yes it could be made badass.

If anyone chimed in this lower is badass then they are lying.

There you go Denny.  They need to say "Badass" on the side, maybe with a jackass for a logo.

It could the The Centurian 77 Model.

BTW, my GTS lower is badass.  Call me a liar.

Link Posted: 11/14/2006 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally posted by FedDC

We buy Denny's lowers because unlike the "cool" ones, they work and are dimensionally perfect. They do not have to be sent back because parts won't fit or because the finish is bad. They are good for the WORK that the rifle is intended for...not to look cool.

And BTW, I think that a clean simple look is cool.

+1...Damn Right!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2006 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No offense but I think it is completely lame. www.globaltactical.com
                                                      V
[Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah]
                                                     v
compaire it to a Mega, Sun Devil, and this is about as cool as a Stag lower- nothing special.

Just my opinion,

Thanks for your 2 cents...
Anybody got that poster of a GI where he says "how about a nice hot cup of SHUT THE HELL UP" ?

And what would your uber-hardass receiver cost? $105.00? I don't think so.

Link Posted: 11/14/2006 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top