Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look, I am not trying to talk anyone out of building a rifle.  I guess what is hanging me up is the claims and questions about being able to build the equivalent of a factory rifle cheaper.  To me equivalent means the exact same components go into your build.  Well the cost will be very close.  If you want to build an AR using various components you can build a quality rifle.  There is nothing wrong with that.  

Factory rifle? I will bet money that the one i built is just as good as the one you paid 400 extra for from the factory. Have you built your own rifle?Have you tested your build against your factory rifle?  Do you know what you are talking about?

You still miss my main point.  You cannot save $400.00 using the same exact components as is on a factory rifle.  That is all I am saying.  Have you ever taken a barrel blank and compleated in a barrel ready to go on an AR?  Have you ever taken a 80% lower and completed it?  Do you own a lathe, mill, grinders, buffers and other machine shop equipment?  Can you blue, parkerize or Moly-Teflon.  Have you fixed many thousands of rifles.  Have you sold over a thousand rifles?  I might know what I am talking about.  Are you really comparing one rifle you built to about 11 or 12 years of being a fulltime gunsmith?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi everyone

look i purchased a RRA car a4 KIT from RB PRECISION

NM 2 stage
m4 profile barrel
6 pos stock
inc BCG
for $620 CROME LINED
'no crome was $580.00

lower i got screwed on by somone locally for $170

but if you purchased a RRA lower for $105.00
kit for                                                   $620.00
--------------------------------------------------
                                                            $725.00 for a gun my local shop would charge $890.00 for

thats a deal
also ,,, you paranoid WARRANTY people take comfort RRA and others do stand behind there kits

you cant beet that with a stick
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top