User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted: In EE

I would like to trade a complete double star lower w/ colt internals and a bushmaster post ban fixed telescoping stock for a good barrelled upper. The lower assembly is brand new all but the stock and it was just mounted on another AR for a day or so. The receiver does have a small unnoticeable crack in the lip to the trigger guard. The crack is unnoticeable like I said and would in no way interfere with the abilities of the lower. I have pictures on request. Thanks )
View Quote

once again  [ROFL]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
funny stuff...
this forum is great

IBTL
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
By all logical reasoning skagnak06 shouldn't post again, but something tells me he will. Let's see.
View Quote

See that little voice was right he posted again, and again and again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On a serios note.
View Quote

Seriosly now, shut the hell up and let the man tell his story.

(edited for punctuation, a novel concept around here.)
View Quote

OK DAD!

You must not be able to read the above posts or you would have noticed he has ALREADY told his story. [rolleyes]
View Quote

"Seriosly", you need a sarcasm detector implant.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The flaw in the "FORGING" was actually pretty obvious. There was a blacken area running midway through the broken lip and the place where it seperated at the receiver.
View Quote

Here it is separated

Quoted:
It would just brake my heart to look down and see a crack in my rifle's receiver. Even the thought alone bothers me.
View Quote

Here it is cracked enough that it's visable when you look down

Quoted: In EE
The receiver does have a small unnoticeable crack in the lip to the trigger guard. The crack is unnoticeable like I said and would in no way interfere with the abilities of the lower. I have pictures on request. Thanks )
View Quote

AND here it's an unnoticeable crack.  Unnoticeable, like you said.  Come on man, come clean and fess up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
do i dare post a link to this topic in his WTS topic? muhahah
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
i hope someone buys this, and shows us all the pictures it
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Forged receiver, with a flaw in the casting?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for the misunderstanding texashark I have a gaydar but I need a sarcasamdar.

WTS:[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=168481&w=myTopicPop]Broken Lower Reciever[/url]casting, forging, with a broken, cracked, seperated, lipamigigger thing.

HA
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
How much you want for it dude?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#11]
It is pretty elementary M4.                                                                                   The lip had seperated during assembly.  As a matter of fact you can go to AR15.com and click assembly, then click lower.  There you will see the where the roll pin goes through the trigger guard.  Notice it has 2 lips.(Its pretty obvious you have ever been around one)

Well imagine the pin going into the hole of one unbroken lip, through the trigger guard, and ultimately securing the broken lip.  Yes it is broken, but not shattered.  Therefore it leaves a unoticable crack.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is pretty elementary M4.                                                                                   The lip had seperated during assembly.  As a matter of fact you can go to AR15.com and click assembly, then click lower.  There you will see the where the roll pin goes through the trigger guard.  Notice it has 2 lips.(Its pretty obvious you have ever been around one)

Well imagine the pin going into the hole of one unbroken lip, through the trigger guard, and ultimately securing the broken lip.  Yes it is broken, but not shattered.  Therefore it leaves a unoticable crack.
View Quote

interesting logic
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top