User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I can retire in 2 1/2 years, but will wait til my kids are out of school.... 7 1/2 years [2012].  We then plan on relocating to warmer climates.... and my main deciding factor where........ is to a gun friendly state.

can't go wrong with NC
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]

There's still time for the little yellow bellied bastards to do their damage. Hold your breath, this is gonna be a close one!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:38:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone hear on know anything about this?

www.mikecaswell.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=3172
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone hear on know anything about this?

www.mikecaswell.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=3172

Yes, I know that it is complete and total BS!  People that are passing that little rumor on have no idea what they are talking about.  The BATF does not make "rulings" they enforce existing laws.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
jessie jackson and al sharpton(notice I did not use Caps on ther names because they dont deserve them) were in town yesterday and they were crying about it
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#7]
BTT for the continuing count down........
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to perform a marriage ceremony between my Post-ban Colt lower and my Pre-ban 20" upper.  

The couple will live in wedding bliss for a long, long time.  

Probably get a collapsible stock an flash hider for my Post-ban Bushmaster carbine.  It's a very accurate carbine.  Had it for sale locally but no one wanted it.  I was stupid to try to sell it.  Now it's staying in my AR15 family.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#9]
w00t!

I'm heading out to my favorite gun shop today to pick up more ammo and stripped lowers
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Days remaining as of Wednesday 9/1:
  • There are 11 calendar days left in the life of the Clinton AWB
  • There are SIX normal working days left in the life of the Clinton AWB
  • There are FOUR Congressional working days left in the life of the Clinton AWB
C_M
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm going to perform a marriage ceremony between my Post-ban Colt lower and my Pre-ban 20" upper.  
Colt_SBR  

My brother (who lives in another part of the country) and I plan on having a Champagne Toast at Midnight, 13 Sept, 2004 to commemorate the end of the ban. My brother doesn't even drink and he is down for some bubbly....
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Colt_SBR  

My brother (who lives in another part of the country) and I plan on having a Champagne Toast at Midnight, 13 Sept, 2004 to commemorate the end of the ban. My brother doesn't even drink and he is down for some bubbly....

I also don't drink the bubbly.  I'll have a Diet Cherry Coke toast with ya.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Hoo-rah for the end of this 10 year clustermuck!  I will be buying a new SIG 226 pistol as soon as I can find one with real (15 round) magazines.  I refuse to pay for the nuetered 10 rounders.  I hope the end of the Assault Weapons Ban results in a lot of firearm and accesory sales which will be good for the firearms industry AND good for the economy as well.  Win-Win-Win situation.

If we could never again have to hear the name "Clinton" I would be even more plaesed!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I am having foot surgery (both feet at the same time) on September 10th...

...which means I will be laid up, off my feet for several days afterward...

...which means nothing should interfere with my rifle-updating-time!  

I've got all the parts ready to go and boxed/labeled in such a way that my wife can bring me what I need from the gun room my office to the den, and I have a good, sturdy, oversized TV tray I can use while in my recliner.  At least ten of my ARs will be getting "upgrades" and only a couple of projects will have to wait until I am up and about to get to my workbench.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]

I hope the end of the Assault Weapons Ban results in a lot of firearm and accesory sales

Anyone wanna guess how many AR type rifles/receivers will have been sold in August-September 2004?

2 RRA complete lowers, 3 stripped lowers on order
2 LCW stripped lowers
1 Colt from Gundealer3
2 Ammetec expected anyday

Thats 10 for me, (unless I missed a couple)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Boo, I say boo, it sucks to be me.
Not only will I miss the sunset because of deployment, I'm going to miss out on a bunch of great things coming out when I'm gone, namely Doom 3, Halo 2, Resident Evil Apocolypse, and the DVD release of DOTD.

My evil plan will fall into place when I shall return!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Now be sure to have a "good friend" take care to fix yer neuterd guns for ya that way they were un-fixed "legally"   during the time between bans!!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Not only will I miss the sunset because of deployment, I'm going to miss out on a bunch of great things coming out when I'm gone, namely Doom 3, Halo 2, Resident Evil Apocolypse, and the DVD release of DOTD.

My evil plan will fall into place when I shall return!

IM me your address overseas and I'll treat you to the DOTD Special Edition when it comes out.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#20]
ARGHHHHH!!!!!

I have to go on a business trip morning of the 13 - 15th.  No AR time until Wed. 15th = insanity.  I will build mine then have to leave......

Damnit!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#21]
  I wish it would hurry up and get here  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#22]
My pre-ban uppers are getting closer and closer to my post-ban lowers as the days tick down.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#23]
we are witnessing an epic time in history, a gun law dead
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My evil plan will fall into place when I shall return!hr

Sorry to hear that man. Will think about ya while shooten my new improved piece of equipment and while playing H2.
Man that sucks. Be carful and stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#25]
i am getting pretty excited about this dead ban deal
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I have 6 ready to assemble as soon as it's dead!

Woot!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Filed a dayoff request at work for the 12th, 13th and 14th of this month yesterday and it got approved by my boss today.  Yahoo!!!!   12th would be getting ready for the party, 13th for the party and assembly, 14th to the desert for testing.   15th maybe call in sick for more shooting.

556man
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm having a party....

An EAT MY ASS, BILLARY AND SARAH party.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm having a party....

An EAT MY ASS, BILLARY AND SARAH party.

I wish I was in a coma for the next 11 days so the ban would end quicker for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse in disguise.  But my credit card company just increased my credit line and is offering a no fee / 0% APR for 12 months on cash advances.  I think I'm gonna take out $3000.

TA31 from group buy - $875
10 stripped lowers - $1000
M4 Upper with the evil works - $575
Miscellaneous handgun mags - $1000
Pissing off the Brady bunch - PRICELESS

Christmas is coming early this year!  Hahaha.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
are we there yet ?

Are We There Yet?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:18:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Good thing so many of you plan on staying up late that night.

That way you'll be the first to find out when the congresscritters pass their usual dead of night, no floor debate, back room renewal.

Shortly before the lead starts flying
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That way you'll be the first to find out when the congresscritters pass their usual dead of night, no floor debate, back room renewal.

Oh please. While I'm not ruling out a last minute sleaze-out and they renew the ban, really, come on now. How many people did a damn thing about the original ban besides piss and moan.  We as a group, all bent over and took it (and some ran out and spent outrageous amounts of money buying the remaining prebans). No-one started shooing politicians or cops, or started blowing stuff up. It won't happen this time either, count on it.

I hope and pray that the ban does expire, but saying that if we get betrayed again, that folk are going to run riot in the street, shooting up the place just doesn't jive with reality.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I am storing my upper and lower 10" away from each other. Each day from now on I will move them close 1" until they are one. On the date of the sunset I will push the pins.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#39]
So what's everybody building?

My new one is:

14.5" 1:7 M4 with Bi-Lock, KAC MRE rail system, Vltor stock, Aimpoint in KAC mount, Surefire light, TD VFG...all in Coyote.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm just converting, no new build. Put a flash hider and 4 position stock on my 9mm. Just ading a flash hider to my .223. I like the ACE skeleton stock, so it will stay.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I got to send one Bushy upper to KKF to get it back to it's rightful state.  Then I got to buy a lower or two and I can't wait for the some sidefolding AK 47/74s to start hitting the market.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Yah, - - one of my local dealers said his "highly desireable pre-ban rifles" turn into just "used guns" on the 13th !    Great for us buyers and he thinks great for him since he'll sell a lot more stuff at least for the initial period after the AWB expires. - - - It looks like common sense & the Truth will win out over liberal politics - - at least for awhile. The libs will be coming back after us after the election, probably on Nov 3rd. If youre gonna make some purchases, Sept 13 to Nov 2nd would be a good window to act. - - -
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im convinced that the majority of men with the testicular fortitude of yourself are nonexsistant.  However, Gidieon had only a handful of men with some GREAT BIG BALLs, and with the Sword of The Lord they were victorious.  May He deliver us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm a new poster.  Been viewing for a while.  Looks like a good site.  I bought a 4 position stock for my Colt AR at a gun show last weekend.  Also got a busniess card from a local gun smith who threads barrels.  He has a couple month backlog for barrel threading starting in 2 weeks.

Also, I emailed the Nashville ATF about the "LE and Military use only" magazines.  Haven't heard back yet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh please. While I'm not ruling out a last minute sleaze-out and they renew the ban, really, come on now. How many people did a damn thing about the original ban besides piss and moan.  We as a group, all bent over and took it (and some ran out and spent outrageous amounts of money buying the remaining prebans). No-one started shooing politicians or cops, or started blowing stuff up. It won't happen this time either, count on it.

I hope and pray that the ban does expire, but saying that if we get betrayed again, that folk are going to run riot in the street, shooting up the place just doesn't jive with reality.

Please pick up the nearest dictionary and flip to the entry for "sarcasm"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please pick up the nearest dictionary and flip to the entry for "sarcasm"

Sarcasm wasn't real evident.  I use <sarcasm> at the end of my posts to make sure it's evident.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#47]
As my man R. Lee would say...

OUTSTANDING!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Celebratory new build is a 16" M4 profile with a Bushy barrel, CMT T-marked Upper, Stinger Lower, 6 Pos Stock, and the AF style flip up rear sight, Boonie Packer BP-43 3 point sling.
K.I.S.S.
Nothing too fancy just functional.

Oh! I get to replace the Brake on my Cammie M4 with a FS......

I also have two additional DPMS lowers that will be built soon after.
As well as a few more lowers that I will soon procure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
are we there yet ?

Are We There Yet?

Dont make me pull the forum over.........
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#50]
and a BTT to make the replies an even 100.......
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top