User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Take off the tinfoil hat and lay off the conspiracy novels; you might actually enjoy your stay here and make some friends, maybe.
View Quote

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12326[/img]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Just so everybody can see what the facts are, I did a little research........

From CMPs website (note that the CMP is selling remanufactured ammo)
[b]NLU 424 - Black Hills .223 77 Grain Match, Sierra bullet, [blue]Reman[/blue]ufactured, 500 rd case
Qty:  Price: $225.00
GROUND Shipping $10.42[/b]  

From GPSSs website
[b]D223R9 .223 Rem. 77gr Sierra Match King HP 2750fps [blue]Re-man[/blue] - 500 rnds $229.00
D223N9 .223 Rem. 77gr Sierra Match King HP 2750fps 1293ft lbs [red]New[/red] - 500 rnds $297.00 [/b]

GPSS states that shipping on 500 round lots is about $8 per 500 rounds on the special run ammo.

Here are some of the "special" features of the special run...

Quoted:
DevL,

If stored in an ammo box it will store - I had the same idea for this stuff.

The idea is to get 2750 ('ish) out of the 16".

Cost
1) [red]It is above SAAMI pressure[/red] so from my limited understanding of some of your states tort and liability laws - well they have now exceed the stated industry limits you do the math.
2) [red]BH is a military contractor - they cannot sell to us at a lower price than they do to Uncle Sam.[/red]
3) [red]This is a special run for us.[/red]

View Quote

Quoted:
[b]UPDATE!!![/B]
I talked with Black Hills today. The samples are being loaded today with shipping before the end of the week. Results will be posted here, once they are available.

They will be loaded with the [red][b]77 gr NOSLER HPBT with a Cannulure.[/b][/red] Velocity should be around 2700 fps with a 16" barrel, 2780 fps with a 18" Bbl and 2900+ with a 20" barrel.
[red]They will be loaded with NEW, 855 SPEC Brass[/red] which is thicker and more consistent in the web area.
This is a [red]True NATO pressure loading with a primer sealant and crimped primers.[/red]
This is a [red]CUSTOM Load for GPSS to our SPECS[/red] and will be packaged in a WHITE Black Hills Box with Lot DATA and pertinent information.

[b]Pricing[/b]
[list]

500 Rounds is the minimum order.

500 Rounds $299.00 Plus shipping. Depends where you are but will be around $8.00 to most places in the CONUS.

1000 Rounds $589.50 w/FREE SHIPPING in the CONUS.

[b]Ordering[/b]
All orders must be PREPAID. Any CC, MO, Personal Check or PAYPAL w/ No Upcharges.

All Orders must go thru GPSS.

[/list]

We will start taking orders now at: [email protected] and 888.741.8259 Toll FREE or FAX at 478.994.4560.

Our PAYPAL account is at the email address above.

Ammo should be loaded by BH and delivered to GPSS once the minimum requirements are met.
This will be ONE LOT of the same components.

Get your order in now.

Any questions, I can be reached at one of the following email address or numbers above.
Thanks,
Tommy
GPSS

[url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url]

View Quote

In conclusion, GPSSs prices are about the same as CMP. (Try calling up CMP and "ordering ammo! You have to fill out an application to get ammo!)  Also the special run ammo is actually the same or cheaper then GPSSs/BHs normal prices.

McBoing seems to have a good knowlage of military ammo and its components. Unfortunatly he lacks common social skills and the ability to present facts supporting his accusations.

I think that Im going to get a case of this ammo!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone must have found ALL of the OTHER threads leading up to this one and is blushing........[beathorse]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Sign me up for 500, by the way.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top