AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
4. Not a true FH  maybe because it's not a Flash Hider at all.  It wasn't designed to tame flash- just perceived noise.

I'm sorry, but listening to the ARFCOM "Experts" has given you some incorrect information. The Noveske Krink is at least the equal to a standard A2 in regards to flash suppression. Plus the Krink has all it’s other advantages.

have a picture?  it's just hard to believe but seeing is believing!

No, I do not have any pictures. It seems like a large waste of time to me. I have no reason to spread BS.

Try researching the Krink over on 10-8 forums, they actually know what they are talking about. 99.9% of the guys who post about the Krink on ARFCOM have never been within a hundred miles of one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
have a picture?  it's just hard to believe but seeing is believing!

I'll try to get one this week. Flashes are a BITCH to photo, as the frame rate of most digital cameras isnt quick enough to catch them.  

I believe the best way to take a picture of a flash is to have a very SLOW shutter speed, not a fast one.  That way, you'll get the entire flash in one exposure.  With a fash shutter speed, you might "catch" the brighest part of a flash from one shot, and the tail end of a flash with another - which woudl make a comparison meaningless.

Like set up a camera in the darkend room, release the shutter, fire the rifle, and close the shutter - that kind of thing.  Never tried it, but if I wanted to take a picture of muzzle flash, that is certainly how I would do it.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for 11.5"
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
VA-  What's your stake in these things?  I know that a Vortex works better than any other FS because of it's fluting and that a bare barrel sucks for flash supression because it's just a hole at the end of a pipe.  

I find it really hard to believe that a KX3 with no way to manipulate escaping gases except by letting them go forward instead of to the sides is going to accomplish anything as far as flash reduction.  

So, you can keep your statistics regarding who around here has ever seen one to yourself.  I'm interested in seeing how well they perform against these:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
VA-  What's your stake in these things?  I know that a Vortex works better than any other FS because of it's fluting and that a bare barrel sucks for flash supression because it's just a hole at the end of a pipe.  

I find it really hard to believe that a KX3 with no way to manipulate escaping gases except by letting them go forward instead of to the sides is going to accomplish anything as far as flash reduction.  

So, you can keep your statistics regarding who around here has ever seen one to yourself.  I'm interested in seeing how well they perform against these:

www.silencertests.com/images/flashpics/flash4.jpg

Nice screen caps. Very good eye opener. I'd like to see how the Krink stacks up since they've become so popular on ARFCOM recently
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag for later.

I've got the SBR fever myself.

Damn this black rifle disease is impossible to get rid of.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't have a "Stake". I just get sick of reading BS from guys who have no idea what they talking about. I take it you decided against listening to the experts on 10-8?

Nobody has ever said the Krink is "Better" than the Vortex at flash suppression.  I think the Krink is only marginally better than a standard A2 when looking at just this one area of performance. The Krink holds it own in regards to flash suppression compared to it's competition, but it really pulls away when shooter perceived noise & blast are taken into account. These are much bigger issues in my mind and why I picked the Krink to go on my 10.5". If you ever shoot a 10.5"-11.5" AR you will soon learn why this is a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Well look at it this way, with the A2 and prong flashhiders on the 11.5", you won't need a tactical light at night
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
that's exactly what I was getting at- it was designed for one reason and one reason only- to alleviate that harsh blast, right?  I mean I haven't used one but it's what I hear.  

The guy stated it was a FS and I said it wasn't.  You said it was and I said it's hard to believe that it works as a FS and you said that I'm just one of the 99.9% of the people here who talk out there ass and don't know anything about it.

I'd be willing to bet a large fireball exits that damn thing right behind any bullet.  But my guess is worthless since I don't hang out at the 10-8 forums.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have a "Stake". I just get sick of reading BS from guys who have no idea what they talking about. I take it you decided against listening to the experts on 10-8?

Nobody has ever said the Krink is "Better" than the Vortex at flash suppression.  I think the Krink is only marginally better than a standard A2 when looking at just this one area of performance. The Krink holds it own in regards to flash suppression compared to it's competition, but in really pulls away when shooter perceived noise & blast are taken into account. These are much bigger issues in my mind and why I picked the Krink to go on my 10.5". If you ever shoot a 10.5"-11.5" AR you will soon learn why this is a big deal.

Exactly. The Noveske is not a flash hider, it is a blast/noise redirector.  directs the blast/noise/pressure wave to the front, away from the shooter and his team.
From what I read it was not meant as a flash suppressor so much as a blast redirector.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
4. Not a true FH  maybe because it's not a Flash Hider at all.  It wasn't designed to tame flash- just perceived noise.

I'm sorry, but listening to the ARFCOM "Experts" has given you some incorrect information. The Noveske Krink is at least the equal to a standard A2 in regards to flash suppression. Plus the Krink has all it’s other advantages.

WELL THIS IS WHY I GOT INTO A SIDETRACKED DISCUSSION WITH DINGER.  HE WAS TOO INTERESTED IN LETTING ME KNOW I'M NOT "IN THE KNOW" BECAUSE I DON'T HANG OUT AT 10-8 TO SEE THAT I WAS SAYING WHAT YOU ARE SAYING (WHICH IS CORRECT.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WELL THIS IS WHY I GOT INTO A SIDETRACKED DISCUSSION WITH DINGER.  HE WAS TOO INTERESTED IN LETTING ME KNOW I'M NOT "IN THE KNOW" BECAUSE I DON'T HANG OUT AT 10-8 TO SEE THAT I WAS SAYING WHAT YOU ARE SAYING (WHICH IS CORRECT.)

Are you serious?

Not that your moronic rant makes much sense in the first place, but it's also completely incorrect. When exactly did I post one word even remotely close to this? Are you really this arrogant or are you just thick? I merely recommended that you do some research on the Krink over on 10-8. This seemed like a better idea than having you post 5-6 times in this thread about a product you have no experience with yourself. Do you consider listening to the advise of professionals like Pat Rogers, Hilton Yam, David Pennington, Tim Lau, Ben Lenett, Rob Haught, Jeff Gonzales, etc, etc, etc to be a bad idea? These guys have real word experience with the Krink and will tell you straight up how it works. Would you prefer to read ten pages of reviews and opinions from the same few guys, none of which have ever been within ten miles of a Krink? My God, this place is really getting to me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
LMT 10.5" gets my vote.

I do not like the "Krink" for several reasons.
1. It's ugly So are M4's.
2. Too Heavy5.4 oz over an A2.
3. Too big1.25 inches longer than A2, .75 longer than a Phantom.
4. Not a true FHIt does as well as an A2, and offers a host of other benefits.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody has ever said the Krink is "Better" than the Vortex at flash suppression.  I think the Krink is only marginally better than a standard A2 when looking at just this one area of performance. The Krink holds it own in regards to flash suppression compared to it's competition, but in really pulls away when shooter perceived noise & blast are taken into account. These are much bigger issues in my mind and why I picked the Krink to go on my 10.5". If you ever shoot a 10.5"-11.5" AR you will soon learn why this is a big deal.

Exactly. The Noveske is not a flash hider, it is a blast/noise redirector.  directs the blast/noise/pressure wave to the front, away from the shooter and his team.
From what I read it was not meant as a flash suppressor so much as a blast redirector.

My point is that it's just as much of a "Flash Hinder" as any standard A2. Actually I think it's just slightly better, but like I said thats only part of its advantage.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point is that it's just as much of a "Flash Hinder" as any standard A2. Actually I think it's just slightly better, but like I said thats only part of its advantage.

I don't disagree.
However A1, A2 and Prong are all quite ineffective on a short barrel.
I'm considering the integral welded Noveske for my 11.5" SBR.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
WHY WELD IT?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LMT 10.5" gets my vote.

Did I ask for your help? I know this. And I still don't like it. That's my OPINION.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
WHY WELD IT?

Not welded onto the barrel, the 12x28 thread adapter welded to the device itself. It's an option they offer.

These things have a way of working loose over time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Back to the original topic, I think 11.5" is just right for reliable function in 5.56.  That, or 12" in 6.8, which just might be my first SBR.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
LMT 10.5" gets my vote.

Did I ask for your help? I know this. And I still don't like it. That's my OPINION.

Cool.  There are my facts.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Back to the original topic, I think 11.5" is just right for reliable function in 5.56.  That, or 12" in 6.8, which just might be my first SBR.

Do some research and you will find that 11.5”s suffer from the same exact problems as any 10.5”.  That 1" of extra barrel is not a cure all. Nobody is going to be able to prove to you that an 11.5” is statistically any more reliable. This is another Internet myth that got repeated enough times to become an “Internet Fact”.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do some research and you will find that 11.5”s suffer from the same exact problems as any 10.5”.  That 1" of extra barrel is not a cure all. Nobody is going to be able to prove to you that an 11.5” is statistically any more reliable. This is another Internet myth that got repeated enough times to become an “Internet Fact”.

You guys keep talking about the problems of a 10.5" and shorter barrel but what exactly are these problems?  Since I plan on purchasing a POF Gas Piston Upper are these problems even "problems" with that platform?  H&K G36C have a 9" barrel and I have never read about problems with short barrels on them.  Guys cut down the SL8 barrels all of the time and I have never read about problems with those either.  Please don't attack me if I am wrong, I just want to get the best info I can for my first SBR AR15.  Thanks Guys.  -Joe

I just really love this rifle:

http://www.pof-usa.com/O.C.C.%209.25%20GAS%20PISTON%20WEAPON%20SYSTEM%205.JPG
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys keep talking about the problems of a 10.5" and shorter barrel but what exactly are these problems?  Since I plan on purchasing a POF Gas Piston Upper are these problems even "problems" with that platform?  H&K G36C have a 9" barrel and I have never read about problems with short barrels on them.  Guys cut down the SL8 barrels all of the time and I have never read about problems with those either.  Please don't attack me if I am wrong, I just want to get the best info I can for my first SBR AR15.  Thanks Guys.  -Joe

I just really love this rifle:

www.pof-usa.com/O.C.C.%209.25%20GAS%20PISTON%20WEAPON%20SYSTEM%205.JPG

Gas piston versions don't suffer from the lack of adequate gas pressure seen in some short barreled carbines. Neither do models with the gas system done properly. (gas port diameter, etc.)

How ever this is one thing the Noveske/Krink flash suprressor does remedy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, same exact problems but less often.  

I said the Krink wasn't designed to be be a flash supressor and you turned around and told me it works just as well as an A2 and to do some reasearch because I listen to too many people on AR15.com who know nothing.  

I don't give a fuck if it works just as well as an A2.  The guy I responded to said it wasn't a true flash supressor and I told him it wasn't meant to be.  Big fucking deal if it works the same as an A2, the facts are the same- it wasn't meant to reduce flash and that's all I said.  I didn't need any input from you or other websites where I can read all about your new fabulous brake.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Dude you have serious issues. Seek professional help.

Quoted:
yes, same exact problems but less often.

Based on what? Do you have any experience with SBR AR's yourself? Or is your position based entirely on thin air? Thats a bold statement to be making considering you have nothing to back it up with.

Quoted:
I said the Krink wasn't designed to be be a flash supressor and you turned around and told me it works just as well as an A2 and to do some reasearch because I listen to too many people on AR15.com who know nothing.

Is there a point to this?

I was merely pointing out a fact. It seems more than a few guys with actual Krink experience agree with me. Where does that leave you?  

Quoted:
I don't give a fuck if it works just as well as an A2.  The guy I responded to said it wasn't a true flash supressor and I told him it wasn't meant to be.  Big fucking deal if it works the same as an A2, the facts are the same- it wasn't meant to reduce flash and that's all I said.

No, actually you said this:

"I find it really hard to believe that a KX3 with no way to manipulate escaping gases except by letting them go forward instead of to the sides is going to accomplish anything as far as flash reduction."

All I pointed out is that it does just as much "Flash Suppression" as any standard A2. Bigbore actually did some testing and posted that it does substantially better than an A2. Do you believe me now?

Quoted:
I didn't need any input from you or other websites where I can read all about your new fabulous brake.  

No, you seem to have it all figured out. Don't worry that you have no idea what you’re talking about and have never been within a hundred miles of an actual Krink. Hell, who needs to actually know shit to post on ARFCOM?

Just keep posting way.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I concede.  You've handled an SBR and a KX3.  Therefore you know much more than most people.  You also hang out at better forums than this one.  

Since you are above so many of us here, you ought to stay over at 10-8 and let us idiots deal with each other ourselves.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I concede.  You've handled an SBR and a KX3.  Therefore you know much more than most people.  You also hang out at better forums than this one.  

Since you are above so many of us here, you ought to stay over at 10-8 and let us idiots deal with each other ourselves.  

My God, you just don't know when to stop do you?

I'm starting to think you are just trolling this thread for some odd reason. You continue to post the same worthless garbage that has nothing to do with the thread topic. You should just try to back out gracefully after stepping on your dick this many times in one thread.

Most people would have learned to stay out of it by now.

Using the experts on 10-8 as a resource for correct information only makes sense.

Personally, I only have a handful of posts on 10-8 because I know when to keep my trap shut and just read & learn.

It's a trait you should pick up on.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I concede.  You've handled an SBR and a KX3.  Therefore you know much more than most people. (About the krink)

Not tryin to butt in on y'alls love-fest, but here you have stated a fact that is true.
It's a bit iffy to criticize something that one has never laid hands on and tested for themselves.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#30]
criticize?  I'm not criticizing it one bit.  When the other dude says he doesn't want one because it sucks as a flash supressor, I just tried telling him that it wasn't designed to be a flash supressor and to give it a break (brake- no pun intended.)  That's all.  I thought Dinger was attacking me for not knowing that it did help with flash as much as an A2.  I was a little offended at his comments and thought I'd respond.  What's wrong with that?  

Oh and by the way, my dick's not long enough to step on.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Just remember it's a discussion forum, not a boxing ring.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#32]

No, you seem to have it all figured out. Don't worry that you have no idea what you’re talking about and have never been within a hundred miles of an actual Krink. Hell, who needs to actually know shit to post on ARFCOM?

This is the same forum where carpet stains are related with gun quality. Are you surprised one bit
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Using the experts on 10-8 as a resource for correct information only makes sense.
Personally, I only have a handful of posts on 10-8 because I know when to keep my trap shut and just read & learn.

Same here. A man got to know his limitations. Sadly not everyone does...
Sometimes a bit less discussion and more trying & training would be great all
over the internet gun forums... Thanks bigbore and Va_Dinger- who try just that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
's of the world UNITE!

Both of you shut up already. Sometimes you've got to simply let the other person be wrong.  If you press an argument with a fool you appear to be one yourself.

Take your own advice.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My God, you just don't know when to stop do you?

Why would you jump in on a four page thread to post this BS? Is this all you can add to the conversation? So following our advice, we should just let incorrect information become an "Internet Fact" becuase it bother you?

No thanks.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey I'll say I'm sorry for the distraction.  I got off on a tangent because I thought he was attacking me- I got a little offended and tried to defend myself thinking all of his statements were based on my statement about it not being designed as a brake but in reality he was trying to say it actually does help with flash.  

Back to the main topic-  

Steve-  can you give us more info on this:
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top