Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Since non-MP'd bolts will never see as much hard use as MP'd bolts, I guess we'll never know will we?

What makes you say that?

With regards to statistical samples, we could never get an accurate measure because the number of civilian guns operating under the same conditions as military guns is far less.  You're probably talking about hundreds versus tens of thousands.  Statistics are only valid if an equal number of guns is tested under identical conditions.  For example, if the military had non-MP'd and MP'd bolts in the inventory.  The bottom line is that the gov't requires the specs for a reason and it's naive to think there is no difference.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In before the magnetic particle inspection. Suck it trebeck!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMALITE
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Having assembled on all those in the poll and a few others minus Colt(Own a rifle, never seen a stripped receiver from them). Mostly if you know what your doing, all the new Cast Recevier's quality are about the same other than some people being nit picky over finish. Here are a few things I have noticed about a few of them.

Bushmaster  The loosest upper to lower fit.
RRA Tightest upper to lower fit, alot of lowers had to have the selector detent hole deburred to fit the detent.

Stag, Double Star, DMPS, Olympic, all fit fine.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Having assembled on all those in the poll and a few others minus Colt(Own a rifle, never seen a stripped receiver from them). Mostly if you know what your doing, all the new Cast Recevier's quality are about the same other than some people being nit picky over finish. Here are a few things I have noticed about a few of them.

RRA Tightest upper to lower fit, alot of lowers had to have the selector detent hole deburred to fit the detent.

Sorry but I beg to disagree, just bought a brand new Bushmaster and it has the tightest upper to lower fit of all the AR's I have had over the years, even tighter than my three colts (SP1, 6721, 6920). My previous Bushmaster was also incredibly tight. Perhaps I got the only two really tight bushmasters in existance Anyway, also the trigger on Both my Bushmasters was smother and lighter than on my colts. The one on my6920 feels particularly gritty and stacking is a problem also. Can't send it to Colt for fear they will not return it as I am not an LEO

My Olympic CAR15 style rifle had a sloppy upper/lower fit somehow
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry but I beg to disagree, just bought a brand new Bushmaster and it has the tightest upper to lower fit of all the AR's I have had over the years, even tighter than my three colts (SP1, 6721, 6920). My previous Bushmaster was also incredibly tight. Perhaps I got the only two really tight bushmasters in existance Anyway, also the trigger on Both my Bushmasters was smother and lighter than on my colts. The one on my6920 feels particularly gritty and stacking is a problem also. Can't send it to Colt for fear they will not return it as I am not an LEO

My Olympic CAR15 style rifle had a sloppy upper/lower fit somehow

The upper/lower fit on my Bushmaster m4gery is fine. No slop at all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Overall quality: Colt, LMT

Best value: Bushmaster, RRA

All of the following are definitely high-quality brands:
Colt
Bushmaster
RRA
CMMG
Armalite/Eagle
CMT/Stag
LMT

+5.56
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How many fucking times are we going to see this?

More that we can all count
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Yugo makes a GREAT AR-15
Hell, you saw what AWESOME cars they made!
Nice "Poll"
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Vulcan & Hesse
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Since non-MP'd bolts will never see as much hard use as MP'd bolts, I guess we'll never know will we?

What makes you say that?

With regards to statistical samples, we could never get an accurate measure because the number of civilian guns operating under the same conditions as military guns is far less.  You're probably talking about hundreds versus tens of thousands.  Statistics are only valid if an equal number of guns is tested under identical conditions.  For example, if the military had non-MP'd and MP'd bolts in the inventory.  The bottom line is that the gov't requires the specs for a reason and it's naive to think there is no difference.

I do not mean this as a flame to you personally in any way, shape, or form but this still means nothing. Nobody can show me one bit of statistical data that one manufacturer is any better than the rest. One or two members might be able to post pictures of a XYZ manufacturer broken bolt, but on the same token guys have posted broken Colt bolts. What does that prove? In reality it’s a very rare occurrence no matter who manufactured the bolt. Even though some members (Not implying you) try to blow this up into so much melodrama.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
My Colts are 100%
My ArmaLites are 100%

I am also going to add the SLR15 You really have to check this rifle out, they are Nice!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd vote but I didnt see LMT, H&K, LW, or any other forward leaners out there on the poll.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:19:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I have to vote for BM..cuz that`s all i`ve owned...so far
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:48:24 AM EDT
[#15]
COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT (for infinity)

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:07:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I shot COLT in the Military, it was a very useful tool that worked everytime. My first AR is a COLT and it works for me all the time, no matter what I put through it. I tried all kinds of ammo manufacture's, they ALL worked. Is that just pure luck that this rifle works with all rounds or is it just a common thing with COLT.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT COLT (for infinity)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/Coltlogo.gif

Great Choice..
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top