Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Peopel are helping you out. You should be glad. Not whining cause "we want  something better".

See also: "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

That's the problem... they want it to be a gift horse.  Not a gift snake, panther, griffin, etc.

(FTR, I traded a couple of "pre-bans" to those in need right after sunset. )
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If someone in a non free state wants to arrange to send an AR15A3 marked Colt lower with the 6 postition Colt stock from sawlesales.com to  my ffl dealer. I will gladly send to their ffl dealer my Pre-ban Colt AR15A2 Govt carbine marked lower.Each will pay shipping and it will have to be next day air.

Still no takers on this "gift horse".
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If someone in a non free state wants to arrange to send an AR15A3 marked Colt lower with the 6 postition Colt stock from sawlesales.com to  my ffl dealer. I will gladly send to their ffl dealer my Pre-ban Colt AR15A2 Govt carbine marked lower.Each will pay shipping and it will have to be next day air.

Why don't you just list the lower for sale in the EE for $500 and buy one from SAW yourself? That would buy you a new one with a little change left over.
Link Posted: 1/27/2005 3:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you just list the lower for sale in the EE for $500 and buy one from SAW yourself? That would buy you a new one with a little change left over.

I would have to agree. If this is a valid offer, you would get a lot more attention on EE than in this thread. That said, I don't know why the original poster (Eagle20) hasn't contacted you as this seems like exactly what he was asking for?
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Amen why dont they just take the hit and move on. Get off the stack and give them up for us!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If I had one I would be glad to help but unfortunately I do not have any preban ARs.
Good luck in your quest.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SWEET! Who sells those and what is the price for lowers?

Last I checked, you can get either the AR15A2 or AR15A3 lowers from Saw LE Sales. I think maybe the 9mm lower too?

Stripped = $250
Complete w/o stock = $350
Complete w/6 position Stock = $500

None of those are listed on the Website (at least as far as I can find) - do I need to call Tina directly?
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd sell a used pre-ban rifle for enough money to buy a new rifle, because I like my rifles the way they are, but I'm not going to take the time to sell lowers and uppers separately.  If it comes to taking a hit, I'm going to trade a pre-ban and some cash to my FFL because I know he's going to hook me up the next time around.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Wish I could help you guys out, but I could never justify paying a %100 premium for a tele-stocked rifle during the ban.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
the more rifles out there the better off we ALL are. it's the rule of  supply and demand. if there is a ban in your state or another National Ban sometime in the future you'll be happy when there is an abundance of rifles available. also we need to work together to maintain  and protect our rights. Adding these rifles to BAN states might just help them figure out that these bans do not work to reduce crime on a state level or on a national level. Also fuel the Gun ecomomy and NRA to help defend our rights that are constantly under attack. So i believe that selling your pre-ban lower to a BAN state and buying  another(or 2 or 3) to replace it(plus a profit for your service) just might not only help a brother out but it may help preserve YOUR rights and the rights of gun owners across the country.  i live in Kalifornia and am totally screwed when it comes to Gun Rights, just my .02
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
There are some individuals in NY at least that have on their faces.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got a pre-ban rifle and I'd be up for selling it to someone in a non-free state, assuming that they are willing to pay market price.  I don't like folks from non-free states looking to buy pre-ban rifles or lowers at free-state prices.  If you don't like market price for your state, move to a free state and buy no-ban rifles like the rest of us!

Link Posted: 2/1/2005 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've got a pre-ban rifle and I'd be up for selling it to someone in a non-free state, assuming that they are willing to pay market price.  I don't like folks from non-free states looking to buy pre-ban rifles or lowers at free-state prices.  If you don't like market price for your state, move to a free state and buy no-ban rifles like the rest of us!

yep.

No hand outs.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hello El_Abogado and  Tfod

First of all Thank You for your Opinion !!

Could you explain to me why you feel the way you do ?  Your comment !

I don't like folks from non-free states looking to buy pre-ban rifles or lowers at free-state prices.

Please Keep in mind that any free state out there , may be free today , but what about tommorow  ? The shoe would be on the other foot then !

BTW - As far as  market price for your state - That  don't mean a thing .. There are alot of  Free State AR15.com Members out there  who are  willing to sell there Preban Lowers or Rifles for Less than The market price  of any state ..

I had a Fellow AR15.com Member help me out , by selling me his  Excellent Condition  Preban Bushmaster  Lower ,  Verfied that it left the Bushmaster Factory as a Complete Rifle ..i paid  $410.00 Delivered .. And when you look at what the No Ban Colt  lowers are going for  - As was posted on page 2 of my Posting here - ( I got a Excellent Deal -at a  free-state price )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( Last I checked, you can get either the AR15A2 or AR15A3 lowers from Saw LE Sales. I think maybe the 9mm lower too?

Stripped = $250

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It shows that there are Good People out there , that are Willing to help out ..

I am Sorry that you feel the way you do ..  We in the Banned States are Not asking for hand outs here .. All we are asking is to let us feel like were part of the - Team - Of No ban States ..

I don't know if you read the first page of my Posting  ..but it explains why we live were we do.

Thank You
Eagle20

Link Posted: 2/4/2005 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Brother, thank you for your civil reply to my post.  Too often the threads get personal on ar15.com, and it isn't necessary.

I understand, to a point, having to live in a regressive state with restrictive gun laws, but. . . . .

Is living in, say, New York, any different than patronizing anti-gun companies or voting for anti-gun candidate?  Your support allows these regressive, unconstitutional views to persist.

Next, while I appreciate a good deal as much as the next person, I disagree with the view that its unfair that the price of first-tier mfgr. pre-ban lowers should be more inline with post-ban lowers or lowers from second-tier companies.  Colt, BM, etc. retain more value, no matter where you are.  Over the years, I've paid $700 for a Colt (lightweight sporter), $800 for a Colt (MT6400C), $1300 for a Colt (LE6920HB), and $2100 for a Colt (green label Gov't Carbine).  Sometimes the deals were good, sometimes they weren't so good.  I never paid more than market, and sometimes paid less than market.  I didn't complain publicly about sellers not cutting me slack because of my residence.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SWEET! Who sells those and what is the price for lowers?

Last I checked, you can get either the AR15A2 or AR15A3 lowers from Saw LE Sales. I think maybe the 9mm lower too?

Stripped = $250

None of those are listed on the Website (at least as far as I can find) - do I need to call Tina directly?

Yes!
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Business is business.  I don’t drop a dime because someone is a member here.  I do use the term hand-outs because when I post items in the equipment exchange, people offer me extremely low prices that are ridiculous.  If anyone is going to get an item for a ridiculous price it is my family and friends.  

Local price here is about $700 for a good brand AR-15 rifle (used) pre-ban- Armalite, Eagle, Bushmaster, Gelding (I read Colt changed their name?) 20” A-2 style rifle.   I’m not going to sell a rifle to a ban-state for less than what I can receive here, regardless of current oppression.  It know sucks for you, and I hate all the gun-grabbers.  I don’t gain happiness because fellow Americans live under oppression.

I bought a new Ban-Free today.  I am replacing my older rifles with new rifles.  Then I sell the old “pre-ban” rifle.   The only real benefit to me as a gun owner is that if I post the “pre-ban” rifle in the EE someone who cannot buy a new one in their state might be able to enjoy it more, when it is just “another” AR-15 if I sell it here.  This is really of more benefit to the purchaser than I.  

What are “pre-ban” to you are old rifles and magazines to us.  

I read your posting.   I’d probably live there too, except it is full of Yankees.      Wanna buy a rifle?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#19]
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

we all know who made that quote and it is very true. gun owners are so disjointed we will never win. remember what brought the AWB into place the first time? gun owners didn't stand up as one. the hunters, target shooters, pistol shooters, etc  said "we don't need assault rifles for our _____ (fill in the blank). the AWB pasted by 1 vote. any one of the states could have been a swing state. mine included because max baucus (MT) voted "yea" for the AWB. just about every household in MT has a gun in the closet and we should have flooded max's office with letters. if every gun ower would stand as one, we could petition our gubmint to reverse their draconian gun laws, from the NFA to the current laws. i don't see this happening because some of us ARF's members can't help other members out.

Link Posted: 2/5/2005 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#20]
    I'm not telling anybody what they should do, only what I would do in a situation.  If I was in a "ban" state, I would start looking for an exit.  Not at the drop of a hat, but I would get all my affairs in order, start job hunting in other states that were more attractive to gun owners, and when the right opportunity came along, I'd be gone.  Just do what you gotta do.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Raptor 660R
First "Taker on this "Gift Horse"?

Your Post:
If someone in a non free state wants to arrange to send an AR15A3 marked Colt lower with the 6 postition Colt stock from sawlesales.com to my ffl dealer. I will gladly send to their FFL dealer my Pre-ban Colt AR15A2 Govt carbine marked lower.Each will pay shipping and it will have to be next day air.

I have something "Close" to your Request.
Colt Government Carbine Lower
Stamped:
Colt AR-15 A2
GOV'T CARBINE
CAL. 223
SER. GC 019***
Assembled November 1994

Small Pivot Pins / Not drilled for Push Pins.
Available with a 4 Position Colt Stock, "Shipped Loose".

Contact me by eMail at [email protected]

As you note, I am "Behind Enemy Lines", thanks to my Republican Governor.
As a side note, he is so bad, I would VOTE for either Hillary Clinton or Charles Schumer, if either of them run against him in the Future for Governor. At least I would be getting them out of Washington for everybody else.
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I posted a “pre-ban” AR in the equipment exchange.  If it hasn’t sold by mid next week, I’ll throw it on consignment at the local FFL when I have time to stop by.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve had Bushmaster & Colt “pre-bans” listed on the EE for a while now.   I’ve had a lot of offers, a lot of people saying they would buy them if they had the money and some people have made deals and then backed out.  My prices are at current market value for replacements and I’ve been told I have very good prices by people still having to put up with the BS ban…yet still they sit.

I know I’m not giving them away, but they are available unlike the “post-ban” Bushmaster lowers I’m waiting on.  I've already sold the "pre-ban" Bushmaster lower and I'll sale the Colt Hbar lower for the same price.  

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=242941

Ray
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I've been thinking about this since reading it.  It sounds like a good deal to me.  I also have a Colt AR-15 A2 Govt. Carbine (blue label, small push pin) lower w/a 4 position colt stock.  I would do the same trade as raptor660r (for a AR15A3 marked Colt lower with the 6 postition Colt stock from sawlesales.com) if someone is interested.

BTW - I would gladly provide pics of my lower should anyone get serious about it.  Also, I'm not going to post my lower in the EE to sell it.  If an individual "behind enemy lines" is serious, they can contact me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#26]
That is a nice rifle!

I like the older Colts.  The quality control is really there, and the attention to detail.   The little things like metal trap doors, trigger guards and stock spacers show its depth.   The fit and finish of the plastic parts is like they were machined and polished.  

Too bad Colt went to the dark side with off size trigger pins and sear blocks… and now stopping civilian sales.  A LEO friend bought a Colt M-4 and we had to replace the barrel because the chamber was out of spec.

I bought a new Bushmaster, and had to replace the stock with an old Colt stock because the Bushmaster had not only a plastic trap door, but a plastic latch!  Other than that, it is a nice rifle.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

we all know who made that quote and it is very true. gun owners are so disjointed we will never win. remember what brought the AWB into place the first time? gun owners didn't stand up as one. the hunters, target shooters, pistol shooters, etc  said "we don't need assault rifles for our _____ (fill in the blank). the AWB pasted by 1 vote. any one of the states could have been a swing state. mine included because max baucus (MT) voted "yea" for the AWB. just about every household in MT has a gun in the closet and we should have flooded max's office with letters. if every gun ower would stand as one, we could petition our gubmint to reverse their draconian gun laws, from the NFA to the current laws. i don't see this happening because some of us ARF's members can't help other members out.

I think your logic is all messed up.    guess who won a ton of representatives AFTER the AWB passed?   answer- pro gun interests.    we stood up and voted, and look at what happened in s dakota last election with daschle- a tremendous win for gun owners.

i don't see this happening because some of us ARF's members can't help other members out.

us arf commers doesn't have anything to do with reducing laws by helping others out with prebans.    lotsa prebans have been offered up in this very thread.    Since the general public (sheeple& soccermoms) can't tell the difference between a sa aw and a mg, what makes you think people asking for the nfa to go away will make it happen?

Link Posted: 2/7/2005 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I haven't read through all of this thread, but I know this:

1. I've tried to buy a stripped or complete (no stock) Colt lower, current production, non-pre-ban. Prices seem to range from $350 to $450, if you can find them!

2. Pre-9/94AWB receivers for "banned states" still command a higher price due to their status and people wanting them. Also, if I was to move or visit one of those states, I could usually bring a pre-ban with me...

Therfore, if it costs $350 to $450 for a Colt lower, which is hard to locate, then pre-ban Colt lowers should be more expensive... As for other brands, yes, they should be a bit cheaper, but still more expensive than you can get them today (i.e. I can get a stripped Lauer Custom receiver for $125 MSRP, so pre-bans (if they exist) should cost more, but not as much as Colt.)

Just my viewpoint on this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I just bought a perfect colt preban blue label lower with a2 stock for $375.00. I live in n.y and it was great that the seller was only selling it to n.y. What a pal. some jerks were saying too him that they were in n.y, only it was a lie. So he sold it to me.
I'M LOOKING TO BUY A BUSHMASTER PREBAN LOWER AND DON'T REALLY GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT PRICE OR IMPERFECTIONS. The price just has to be lower than the colt I bought. or I could trade my brand new post ban bush lower with a2 and then give money. It really makes me sick that dealers(in N.Y) are still trying to sell preban ar's for $2000.00. don't these dealers know that I have the world wide web.
If you have a lower e-mail me. You will have the money before the end of the week.
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It really makes me sick that dealers(in N.Y) are still trying to sell preban ar's for $2000.00. don't these dealers know that I have the world wide web.

I have seen 2 shops in NY where postban lowers are being dressed up as preban and sold for those kind of prices.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#31]
PLEASE READ PAGE 1 OF MY POSTING  -  TOP PARAGRAPH

FELLOW MEMBER  NEEDS  EAGLEARMS OR BUSHMASTER PREBAN RECEIVER

CLICK ON LINK BELOW

LINK TO PAGE 1

THANK YOU
EAGLE20
DENNIS
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top