Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't mean that they can morally, ethically or legally track anything, I meant that they can physically track anything, for whatever sick purpose. I'm sure they know what political party you are registered as, your school records, medical records. We are all being tracked for sure.
View Quote

This.  Even before the Patriot act the US was already turning into a surveillance state way back into the 1980s when it started to become practical to build databases of information on people.  The Patriot Act just meant that a lot of things they were already doing no longer had to be kept so secret.  Back in the 1980s up until the Snowden leaks, the government steadfastly denied spying on US citizens.  Now we know they were lying all along.  But up until they were outed, anyone who suggested that the NSA was recording even meta data from large numbers of US citizen phone calls, text messages and emails was ridiculed as being a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.

We've also seen Democratic regimes using the FBI and IRS to harrass anyone who is identified as a Republican or a conservative.  That goes back a long time.  And even though Democrats like to characterize anyone to the right of Chairman Mao as a fascist or Nazi, it is consistently the Democrats and their more left comrades that are the ones infringing on democracy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I suspect what happened was that 80percentarms.com grabbed a whole bunch of orders and charged cards with no ability to ship anything at the time. If that's true, it's also quite possible they used all that money as if they had already earned it, leaving little to none left over to deal with cancelation requests.
View Quote

I have no opinion on 80%arms, but you just described the furniture store business model.
Sell stuff that hasn't been made yet for twice what you can order it for and take a 50% deposit to secure your cost of ordering from the factory.
But, the way it worked in practice was you had net30 terms with the factory, so the first 50% was your profit and what the customer paid upon delivery would pay the factory. So you'd spend the deposit as soon as you got it.

Then if you go out of business before the stuff is delivered, suddenly the customer is an unsecured creditor when he never realized he was putting himself in that position. The store's broke, customer's money is long gone, and he has to start over with ordering his furniture somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you paid by bank card or credit card, they can find your info if they really want to.

80% or not, as with any gun you own you bought from dealers, there is a record unless you bought from a store or gunshow for cash on the barrelhead.
View Quote

I pay with a credit card-based gift card and have John Smith at my address activate it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a shit thread that belongs in GD. Didn’t bother reading all of the nonsense but 80% Arms is good people and do their part to fight for the 2A and stand up against the red coats. Some of the baseless accusations here reminds me that a portion of the 2A base is dumb as a bag of  hammers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top