BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AAC in turn says they won't warranty a can damaged while being used on one of the SIG mounts b/c they of course would like to sell you their mount.

AAC had that policy before they stopped including the mounts with their silencers.  If I were an manufacturer and some goofball gun like the Sig came out with a mount for my cans that I didn't make, I wouldn't warrantee the use if it either.

I still that they aren't including a mount with the silencers any more.

ETA:  And that policy of theirs still doesn't make my point any less valid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AAC in turn says they won't warranty a can damaged while being used on one of the SIG mounts b/c they of course would like to sell you their mount.

AAC had that policy before they stopped including the mounts with their silencers.  If I were an manufacturer and some goofball gun like the Sig came out with a mount for my cans that I didn't make, I wouldn't warrantee the use if it either.

Wha ?  You wanna mount the thing ??

Only when I visit Texas.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]
AAC can't seem to help themselves when it comes to making stupid Public Relations decisions.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
Only when I visit Texas.  

Texas ?  Guns goin' off is music in Texas.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:  And that policy of theirs still doesn't make my point any less valid.

With the current BATF rant on mounts, you HAVE to purchase your mount when you purchase your "can".

PursuitSS

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
With the current BATF rant on mounts, you HAVE to purchase your mount when you purchase your "can".

PursuitSS

That issue was with 3 lug mounts and pistol can boosters wasn't it?  I don't recall it having anything to do with normal rifle mounts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, I don't think the "pinging" has to do anything with the open ended design. I have several AAC CLOSED ended flash suppressors and they also "ting". I have tried other open end flash suppressors that aren't hardened (even a knock off "Vortex") and they don't make that noise so I'm pretty sure it's more a function of the HARDNESS of the steel that AAC/SEI/etc. uses.

WRONG.

Closed-prong flash hiders can also ping, they're just probably not going to ping as long as the open ones.  

One of the things to check on an M14/M1A, for example, is to see if the flash hider rings when you hit it.  If it doesn't, it likely has a crack somewhere in it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Closed-prong flash hiders can also ping, they're just probably not going to ping as long as the open ones.

I agree.  My closed end mount pings very slightly when I dry fire.  It's his metal hardness theory that I was objecting to.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PursuitSS

That issue was with 3 lug mounts and pistol can boosters wasn't it?  I don't recall it having anything to do with normal rifle mounts.

That was my understanding as well, markm, but folks still ran out and bought a shitload of rifle mounts.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PursuitSS

That was my understanding as well, markm, but folks still ran out and bought a shitload of rifle mounts.

Gun owners are such retards sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PursuitSS

Does this look like a 3-Lug mount?

Copy of an email from Yankee Hill Machine:
Sir,
Unfortunately I have bad news. We were finially notified by ATF Monday morning that we can no longer sell individual pistons, 3-lug adapters, fixed barrel adapters and most other componets seperately. We can sell a sound suppressor with one attaching device and that is it. We are not very happy to say the least. This is going to affect our business tremendousely. Apparently we were the first, and now ATF is going to go after all other sound suppressor manufacturers as well. We are going to fight this, and the owner of this company has already contacted some attorneys about taking legal action. As you saw we were forced to take all the products off our web page or face legal action by ATF. We are waiting to hear the final word on the QD mounts, and I am not expecting good news about them either. All I can tell you now is to be patient while we appeal ATF's ruling and hopefully get it overturned. Sorry for the inconvience, however our hands are tied at the moment, and no one is more upset than us over this matter.

Another copy of an email from Yankee Hill Machine:

We have instructed our sales team not to sell additional mounts at this time. Suppressors are still available for sale and will include one mount of your choice. We cannot comment any further until we have a final determination from the ATF in this matter.

Paul Tetreault
Plant Manager
YHM

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does this look like a 3-Lug mount?

Not like any that I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm, I know a SOT through a good friend, and he (the SOT) is saying no other silencer makers have been affected by this, just YHM.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Strange.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hmmm, I know a SOT through a good friend, and he (the SOT) is saying no other silencer makers have been affected by this, just YHM.

So far thats true, It could be BATFE is "testing the waters". Waiting to see where it winds up as Case Law.

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm, I thought that this was supposed to be a tech forum rather than GD.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Most machines generate sound in the dissipation of energy, such as is the case of AR buffer springs; Blackouts very effectively reduce muzzle flash as per your posts.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#26]
warning sent for name calling-Aimless

I assure you the STAFF here rides my ass for posting the truth about some of the lying companies that post on this site.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Come on folks, can't we all just get along for a change?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top