Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've a stupid question about 2 stage triggers in general. Can I back off the shot after the first stage or am I committed to fire at that point?
View Quote
Yes, you can release without issue.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've a stupid question about 2 stage triggers in general. Can I back off the shot after the first stage or am I committed to fire at that point?

Thank you. MBT it is.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I stand corrected and apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Thanks to this thread I read up on the Hiperfire EDT fcg and decided to take a chance and try one out.
Arrived today, installed the 5.5lb hammer spring for now (may try the 4.5lb spring later). Installation was ridiculously easy, especially since for the preassembled trigger group all I did was position it properly then gently tap in the trigger pin, no muss, no fuss.
Improvement over the Colt factory trigger is simply amazing yet it's heavy enough that I don't fear a stress-induced ND.
Many thanks!

Tomac
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks to this thread I read up on the Hiperfire EDT fcg and decided to take a chance and try one out.

Arrived today, installed the 5.5lb hammer spring for now (may try the 4.5lb spring later). Installation was ridiculously easy, especially since for the preassembled trigger group all I did was position it properly then gently tap in the trigger pin, no muss, no fuss.

Improvement over the Colt factory trigger is simply amazing yet it's heavy enough that I don't fear a stress-induced ND.

Many thanks!

Tomac
View Quote
EDT's aren't bad.  I like my MBT better though.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Many thanks!

Tomac
View Quote

Glad you like it, only trigger I like better than my Hiperfire EDT is my Hiperfire 24C.

Vince
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Standard works fine. I use a Geissele SSA.

I don't like the SSA-E. I think it's too light. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with wilson ttu mil version single stage. I like it, not to light. It is $$$$. But what the what its only $$$.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went with wilson ttu mil version single stage. I like it, not to light. It is $$$$. But what the what its only $$$.
View Quote

Smart & SAFE move.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA is an awesome trigger. I love mine and have never had any issues with it.
View Quote

Same here with me. I'd go with the SSA trigger.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top