AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Get real.  Most everyone here does all this crap to their rifles for looks, not functionality, myself included (like I really need a Beta C mag when I am not going up against anything more dangerous than a 3 inch bullseye).  4 rail free float tubes, forward grips, Surefire lights, lasers, BUIS, rail covers, the list is endless and most of the people here who have all these gizmos on their rifles will never see a second's combat.  In fact for these people, all that stuff is JUST for looks.  The owners might try to justify it and pass it off as functional (for those SHTF scenarios, yah, right, like those happen every week or two), but be honest, if you never use it for anything other than playing commando, it ain't functional, it's play and it's for looks.  If you want all that stuff more power to you.  It's your rifle, your money, and if you want to put stuff on it that turns a lightweight carbine into a tank, then that is great if it makes you happy I am behind you 100%.  And if you want to highlight the engraving, or paint it a hot pink, it's your rifle and if you like it then that is all that matters.  He asked if we liked it, and saying no is OK, but there is absolutely no reason to get hateful about it.

Your post reaks of ignorance.  Free flaot rails, BUIS, lights, VFGs, and all manner of optics are all functional pieces of equipment for anyone willing to learn how to use them.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I did the snake on one of my bushys it to see how it looked . The china markers
are not permanent , if you don’t like it some CLP and a toothbrush makes it a virgin again .
I'm not sure if that works with the Lacquer Stiks though .

I ended up scrubbing the snake , but leaving the SAFE & FIRE for the HK look .

With all the crap some people hang on their AR's a little red & white crayon seems
insignificant , but hey ........... Whatever fluffs your skirt

And before someone edits my comments in a quote , It's my snake
and I'll scrub it as fast as I want
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious what that stuff does once that shit gets hot....for example on the bbl. Sorry about the flames dude....that shit happens on here--happends to the best of us(it's easy to do when you can hide behind your computer screeen and not say shit to a persons face)....You also have alot of arm chair warriors here with 2-4K safe queens...and whine about this and that. If you like it, be happy with it. Just be sure to go shoot it too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Lets review.  MWHG posted a pic of his gun with crayons on it and asked "what do you think".  When people pointed out that they thought it looked stupid, he gets pissy and posts "I think that an AR with a forward grip, laser light, flashlight, and scope looks like shit".

Now, at this point HE is the one trying to draw a parallel between painting lettering on his receiver and installing an Aimpoint.  Sorry, but that one post showed your ass.  Then he spends the next 3-5 posts saying that the paint isn't funcional.  Get your whine straight.

I enjoy going to training classes and shooting in competitions where things like Aimpoints and verticle foregrips are very helpful.  I don't in fact give a rat's ass what the gun looks like, as long as it does what I need it to.  I've actually been doing all of this with a plain-jane Bushy Dissipator and a DSA FAL carbine.  I've learned from playing these games and training that those "cool looking" accessories are very helpful.  If you're just hanging shit off of (or painting shit onto) your rifle simply because you think it "looks cool", why don't you just stick to Airsoft?  A Tacpoint "looks cool" just as much as an Aimpoint, but cots about 1/4 as much.

Its still quite obvious what happened here.  He got the idea to paint in this shit here on the board and was expecting a much different response than he got, and took to whining when that response came.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#6]
There were a few folks on here that used some white ceramic markers to color in the sight markings - does that not improve functionality by making it easier to see/read?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you're just hanging shit off of (or painting shit onto) your rifle simply because you think it "looks cool", why don't you just stick to Airsoft?  A Tacpoint "looks cool" just as much as an Aimpoint, but cots about 1/4 as much.

So, let me get this straight.  You are saying it is wrong to also enjoy your gun for the way it looks?  

Some people may like the look and if they learn the method of how to do this from my post then I feel that I have contributed to the board (isn't that the point?).  It seems that your only contribution, at least in this thread, is to be a troll and stir the shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#8]
My opinion...and since this is crayon, try the bushmaster logo in white.  While I'm not a fan of painting logos *fire and safe IMO are not bad- I wouldnt do it, but I can see why people would*, those that I have seen in white are a MUCH cleaner look.  Red, to me, looks cheap.

Give white a shot, post a picture of it if you care to, and if you dont like white, switch back to red.  But I think you might like the white- it have the same effect, but I think will have alot more class to it.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I like it, but then again I think that an AR with a forward grip, laser light, flashlight, and scope looks like shit.  It's all in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

With you on that

I'm not much on filled in markings either; though I did my Colt SP1 that way about 25 years ago. Somehow, I always liked the horse and globe to show up. Hated it whaen I tried it on a Bushie though, and cleaned it off.

Spotted the rattles on the snake first time I ever saw the Bushie emblem about 15 years ago. Never have understood why they did that
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lets review.  MWHG posted a pic of his gun with crayons on it and asked "what do you think".  When people pointed out that they thought it looked stupid, he gets pissy and posts "I think that an AR with a forward grip, laser light, flashlight, and scope looks like shit".

Now, at this point HE is the one trying to draw a parallel between painting lettering on his receiver and installing an Aimpoint.  Sorry, but that one post showed your ass.  Then he spends the next 3-5 posts saying that the paint isn't funcional.  Get your whine straight.

I enjoy going to training classes and shooting in competitions where things like Aimpoints and verticle foregrips are very helpful.  I don't in fact give a rat's ass what the gun looks like, as long as it does what I need it to.  I've actually been doing all of this with a plain-jane Bushy Dissipator and a DSA FAL carbine.  I've learned from playing these games and training that those "cool looking" accessories are very helpful.  If you're just hanging shit off of (or painting shit onto) your rifle simply because you think it "looks cool", why don't you just stick to Airsoft?  A Tacpoint "looks cool" just as much as an Aimpoint, but cots about 1/4 as much.

Its still quite obvious what happened here.  He got the idea to paint in this shit here on the board and was expecting a much different response than he got, and took to whining when that response came.

Gee, Norm, compared to your rant, his comments are positively pleasant

Relax dude. You want to spend all those bucks for stuff that may get you a few extra hits on the combat course, it's still a relatively free country. Go for it

There are some of us who think that turning a short, light, handy rifle into an akward overweight ill balanced clunker, at a cost of more than the original short, light, handy rifle is as much of a joke as painting the snake red  --and a hell of a lot more expensive.  But hey, it's your money, and if it makes you happy, go for it.  If red snakes make him happy, he should go for it.

I'm sure there are those who think that me building civie versions of every military version of the M16, M4, C7 ever made is a silly waste of money also.  So what! Makes me happy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#11]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, calm down. You posted pics and asked for opinions. Don't get upset when we give them to you. I personally like a good looking weapon, but I believe form must follow function, and what you did serves absolutely no functional purpose. Your time would have been better spent practicing reload drills, but it is your time, so...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Common sense is not so common."- Voltaire

Posted :: 10/23/2004 11:26:32 PM

Well if he's teaching gun safety to a child or spouse who may be on the timid side, sometimes clear markings can make a difference. As for me , my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and if I was picking up an AR for the first time I might fell better seeing the safety markings on the selector switch.
Just my 2 cents

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll try and keep this thread in mind when I consider getting involved in a arfcom arguement in the future. Some of you fuckers need a midol handout. Quit the hair-pulling and slapping and go shoot your fucking rifles. Jeezus!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My opinion...and since this is crayon, try the bushmaster logo in white [...] those that I have seen in white are a MUCH cleaner look.

Like this?

Yes, this was the direct result of having too much time on my hands.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Personally, I like it. And if the owner likes it, than thats even better. I'm definetely doing the fire and safety on mine, and if I can find an OD to fill in my Ameetec logo, I'll probably do that too. Red is a little to contrasting for my tastes of a logo. A coyote brown or OD logo would look fantastic IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I think it looks good
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Personally, I like it. And if the owner likes it, than thats even better. I'm definetely doing the fire and safety on mine, and if I can find an OD to fill in my Ameetec logo, I'll probably do that too. Red is a little to contrasting for my tastes of a logo. A coyote brown or OD logo would look fantastic IMHO.

OOHHHH.  I like the OD green idea.  If you do that definitely get some pics posted.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#17]
After several opinions, I have decided to undo the Bushmaster logo and leave just the safe & fire.   I think the opinion that really did it in for me was the fact that the tail of the snake looked like a penis.  I would have to agree, and the color makes it only stand out more!!!  There is no way that I could seriously shoot my rifle with the thought of man sausage on my mind.  Anyways, here's the final configuration:

Thanks to those that gave a legit opinion in a helpful way!!!
Especially, whoever noted that the tail looked man meat.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I like the lettering on the safety, but that whole snake colored in looked terrible.. Nice choice scrapping that..

I actually tried to do that with one of the white lacquer sticks brownells sells but I didn't like it much so broke out the mineral spirits and cleared it off..

Eventually when I get around to it I'll do the selector switch again because I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My opinion...and since this is crayon, try the bushmaster logo in white [...] those that I have seen in white are a MUCH cleaner look.

Like this?
www.protacglobal.com/images/Crayon_Bushie.JPG
Yes, this was the direct result of having too much time on my hands.

I think that looks pretty slick.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top