Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
tag

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a Thunder Ranch package in the mail today. I won it off EBAY for $80.
The differences. The TL3's beam is a little tighter though not much. The TR (Thunder ranch) bulb is
a lot more isolated looking bythe virture of 2 springs. I really love/hate the mount. The mount is well designed and very sturdy. I really like the ability to quicly remove the flashlight and how secure it fits in sid of it. What do I not like?/ It sticks out kind of far. Of course I am used to offset mounts. I think this would be great on a front sight pictany mount.
The slip on filter fits tight and works well in reducing light output. I do not understand why it is green, Red or blue seems like a better choice to preserve night vision or detection.
The package states that the light puts out 211 lumens.
In all I am very impressed. It is a great value. This one is going to get a hard life it is going on my duty 12 gauge. I will let you know how it takes the pounding.

The dvd is mostly how to mount the light..and a little shooting. If it were only more
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still on back order with LA Police Supply.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#4]
You have more patience than me.

Remember, the original email from them characterized the TR Rifle kit as "limited time special while supplies last".   I was surprised when they told you it could be backordered.  You might get someone on the phone and make certain they actually expect more to arrive, and in what time frame.

Paladin
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
On 18JAN2006, they told me "10-14 days."

I'm usually patient, though, at least when 1) the need isn't RIGHT NOW, and 2) they don't charge my card until they ship it.

On the gun I want to mount it, I already have my old TacStar that's survived several years.  I can wait as long as they eventually honor the price at which I ordered it.  

I'll be a bit less patient if they get them in stock and tell me I have to pay more than I agreed.  I know they have a right to do that, but it's bad form.

My optimism is waning, however!  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I noticed Midway is now listing the SL QD mount separately at just under $40.  They only HAD one in stock.  They also list the "shockproof" lamp assembly at $14.95, also out of stock though.  BO'd till 3/19/2006...arrghhhh!

Paladin

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Streamlight is now using the Strion recharchable instead of the TL series in their rifle mounted lights.  They introduced it at the SHOT Show.  That's probably why the Thunder Ranch system is so hard to find anymore.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top