Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I could not resist!

Sean-

Could not resist what?
Buying the Accu Wedge, notifying eBay it's an AW part or sending the prick nasty emails?

ETA: Damn, looks like eBay pulled the auction.

Sticking my nose in his business and sending him a nasty IM.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
hey Olds442- thanks for pointing me to GD.  I just read all 15 pages of the thread the guy wrote at 6:30 am of the 1st of this year in which he had the 300 pound woman soaked in barf juice stuck in his apartment all night...

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that Airlink or Airhead ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've sent IMs to people over on the EE that are trying to sell things for more than they cost NIW.  I usually just tell them that if they want to sell their item (most often used) then they should consider lowering the price or people won't be interested as they can get a new one cheaper.  I also usually include a link, so that they don't think I am doing it just to get a better price.  I haven't had any complaints, and have even had some thank you's.  I haven't done any business with e-bayers.  Personally, I think E-bay is nothing but a bunch of rip-offs, and a few deals running around.  It seems like the stuff there costs the same or more than from an online retailer, and a lot of the time they charge a big fee for shipping (because many new e-bayers don't think to check the shipping because they are expecting a reasonable ammount, not $12 for a tube of lipstick that they won a bid on for $2.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I trade a lot on ebay and have for about 7 years.  Some things are good to auction and others are not.  Some things are easy to sell and others are not.

I collect and trade fishing reels.  Ebay has actually created a simpler marketplace to conduct this activity.

One advantage is you have a world market for items that are available in only a few countries.  I have buyers for fishing reels that could not get them any other way but on ebay.  And they will pay above US retail to get them.  You and I might consider it a rip off, but for those people who cannot buy them any other way, it is a bargain.

I can also buy new reels and reel parts cheaper in some countries than in the US, including shipping.

And reels that are no longer made are available and a stable market price is established.  This makes it easier to trade and the market stays consistent.

So even though this idiot trying to sell a wedgie for a huge price will not succeed, many others will.

Remember, an auction sale is the highest price the market will pay, at the time.  So start with a low price to genereate the most interest.  If people think they can get it cheap, they will start bidding and the price will go up.

Also, only buy and sell what you know.  You can easily get in over your head and waste a lot of money.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top