Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wish mine had the .55 grainers..

Still only the overpriced .45 varms...

Still waiting to have them filter up to MI...

Dude, where you at?  We got them in the Detroit area stores.

And If I remember from the Ammo Day buy, several others here in Michigan bought them as well.

No Expert
(Redford, MI)

BattleCreek has them too, but shh.  dont tell everyone.

Oh wait, I already did
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
ARAggie, what wal mart do you get the look at?
I have bought mass quanties of ammo at both the cs and bryan locations and have never been given "the look"

Also where do you go to shoot?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Before hurricane Katrina, I went after work to the local walmart.  I don't usually buy as much ammo as you all do (I'm monitarily challenged at the moment), so I haven't really recieved as much of "the look" as has been described.  However this time was different, and hilarious.  I purchased 50 one oz slugs and the same of 00 buck (12 gauge).  The walmart girl was nanchalent, but I had this guy behind me who asked goin huntin' this weekend?  Mind you, this was a few days before it was supposed to hit (on the weekend), so I was thinkin....right....huntin during a hurricane.....OK....I just said "no."  The look on that guy's face was utter shock.  He stood there looking at me as I put the bags of shells in my cart and moved on, completely dumbfounded.  I thought it was a smart move on my part, for two reasons.

1.  You can never have enough excuses to buy ammo (get the purchase past the wife)
2.  Might be nice to have if anything did happen.  

When I get my ar finished, I'm going to be stockpiling ammo for that.  Want at least 1k avaliable.  That reminds me, I need to go shooting.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You should see the look I get when I get a 100 rd box of WWB .45 ACP.

They always ask "Is that all?" and I always say "Yeah, I'm not going to the post office this week."
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So she gets on her knees and digs for every box of the stuff they got, only about 6 boxes this time.

6 boxes isn't even worth bothering to buy.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#6]
just p/u some at mine  

fully stocked!! again!!

and i still havent seen an answer but is this stuff sealed

because iam 99% positive mine is.......

black substance around the primer and the bullet...

its become my shtf ammo...

along with some isrealie 223 i p/u also in fact i think its the same stuff

both made in isreal

i dont care that its not xm193

if i hit it its gonna be hurtin

okiam done rambling
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I think here in Arizona it's state law that you have to buy at least 5 boxes of ammo per caliber you are purchasing.......

I'm just now starting to get into the stockpile mode.  I keep at least 2 extra boxes more of each caliber I own.  You just never know when the zombies are going to hit your house......

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
After reading this thread this afternoon I decided to stop by the Oxford, MS Wal-Mart on my way home to see if they had those new 40 round boxes of WWB .223 ammo. They did, so I decided to get a few boxes to try it out. It is only the second time in years that I've bought ammo at Wally World, not counting .22 ammo. The first time was just a couple of weeks ago for the big ammo buy.

Anyway, there was a woman working in sporting goods, and she just didn't feel like being bothered by me. She was putting out some items on an aisle display and just ignored me as I stood at the counter. I finally went over to her and asked her politely if she could get me some ammo. She just looked up and said "What kind?" without even moving towards the counter. It kind p'd me off because #1, she wasn't going to know what the hell I was talking about and #2 she would have forgotten what I said by the time she got over there. She happened to be a black woman with a really shitty attitude. Now I don't care if it were a white, black, yellow or whatever person working there, just leave the attitude somewhere else. Anyway, she gets behind the counter and I tell her what I want. Of course she grabs the wrong box on the wrong shelf. She had her big ass in the way and I couldn't see to try to tell her where the ammo was I wanted. She started pulling a bunch of different boxes out and halfway slamming them on the counter. When I asked how many were there she said "40 to a box". Of course I wanted to know how many boxes there were. Reluctantly she got me six boxes of the stuff and rang up the purchase. I don't know why she had such an attitude but she sure gave the impression that I was bugging the hell out of her. So much for a "smile on every aisle".
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think I am missing out.

No matter how hard I try to get "The Look" at my local Wally World... I just can't do it!

I mean, I've gone so far as to go in and buy 2k 9mm in one go. The guy just shrugs and starts counting boxes...

I think, somehow, I have competition.

I get my ammo at Academy, and I KNOW I have competition.  Every time I go there is either 1k rounds on the shelf or none.  If there is 1k there, though, there is none when I leave.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
you think you get the look when you talk directly to them? i took some of my uninitiated buddies out shooting a few weeks ago and we went to wally world in north miami to load up.  There were about 5 of us, and we ALL needed ammo.  The lady behind the counter didnt even speak english, nor did she even know what kind of ammo was what.  Luckily one of our group spoke spanish, and served as a translator.  It basically became a game of "no, not that one.... the on to the right... no the other right... YES!.... ten boxes..... yes, ten...."   this process went on for about 15 minutes (no lie) until we FINALLY had sufficient levels of ammo.  By the time we were done this poor girl was dumbfounded.  She said she had never sold so much ammo in her life.  We were quite proud, and wally world was pretty well sold out of all the calibers we hit.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top