Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Upper-Receiver-Groups-s/1.htm

Check that page.  Bravo has middy upper groups that already have Daniel Defense or Larue Tactical freefloat rails installed from the start.  

I know a lot of people buy things based on the way they look and it's thier money and thier right to, obviously.  I went down that road too and I think most people have.  I was just trying to point out that having a heavy gun loaded up with stuff that is not needed gets old after a while.  But you will have to travel down that road yourself to see what works for you and what doesn't.

I have a 20" A2 with the standard HG which to me feel cheap, so I would like to try out a rail system.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check that page.  Bravo has middy upper groups that already have Daniel Defense or Larue Tactical freefloat rails installed from the start.  

I know a lot of people buy things based on the way they look and it's thier money and thier right to, obviously.  I went down that road too and I think most people have.  I was just trying to point out that having a heavy gun loaded up with stuff that is not needed gets old after a while.  But you will have to travel down that road yourself to see what works for you and what doesn't.

I have a 20" A2 with the standard HG which to me feel cheap, so I would like to try out a rail system.

What brand is the upper/handgaurds?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What brand is the upper/handgaurds?

The upper is a J&T Dist. I think, and I don't know what brand the handgaurds are. I'll try to get some pics tonight.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Most plastic hand guards are cheap.  Most are injection molded.  Colt uses compression molding which makes for a much better plastic parts.  Plastic is plastic and is never going to feel like wood or metal but it is the way these guns were designed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the carbine and ACOG.. My wife can hit a 9" steel plate at 300 yards consistently with her Armalite M-15 A4 flat top and Holosight off the bench granted she shoots in this envirnment regulalry, so dont worry about the SHTF factor.

I have always believed people put way to much a emphasis on accuracy for SHTF puposes. Snipers and bench resters aside.

If you look at some of the most accomplished military snipers in history there weapons with few exceptions were not even 2 MOA.

To agree with the others AMMO, AMMO and more AMMO.. Shoot as often as you can afford and buy ammo like its not going to be available next week.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I agree with the carbine and ACOG.. My wife can hit a 9" steel plate at 300 yards consistently with her Armalite M-15 A4 flat top and Holosight off the bench granted she shoots in this envirnment regulalry, so dont worry about the SHTF factor.

I have always believed people put way to much a emphasis on accuracy for SHTF puposes. Snipers and bench resters aside.

If you look at some of the most accomplished military snipers in history there weapons with few exceptions were not even 2 MOA.

To agree with the others AMMO, AMMO and more AMMO.. Shoot as often as you can afford and buy ammo like its not going to be available next week.

Valery Zaitsev the famed Stalingrad sniper used a stock Mosin rifle and a 3.5x scope I think.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Vassili Zaitsev
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The museum in Stalingrad in his honor talks of his courage and craftsmanship. These are the things to hone.

He was a common goat herder with a natural talent. Initially he was thrust into battle with no weapon and then had nothing but a stock rifle with no optic.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Vassili Zaitsev

Thanks..I knew I had the first name wrong...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
My Neighbors brother in-law recently retired from the 3rd infantry division. He just purchased after years / decades of research if you will a RRA carbine w/ the Aimpoint and 3x coupler set up.  He believes scoped rifles are better used as a unit based set up. This being for combat conditions of course really.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top