BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 4:44:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see this is still being worked on. Hope your plan goes well. Keep at it!
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 4:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Oops double tap
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Glad to see this is still being worked on. Hope your plan goes well. Keep at it!

I'm definitely still working on it, just not at the top of my list for now.  The visit I mentioned in my last post is now off for now. Over the weekend I got bad sick and had to use my free days to get completely over it and my time started over on the getting a free day with no absences. So three months from today I'll have another to use.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well I've been waiting on a reply for a 3D printer rep that is printing me some sample parts of the pieces for this, but haven't heard anything from him yet.

I pre-ordered a couple of M3 mags tonight at regular price, should be in in a few weeks, then I'll start looking at any changes needed from Gen 2 to Gen 3 mags.

Other than that, nothing new. Been working on other people projects and was recently out of town two a couple weeks for training.

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guess what? I have a small surprise for some of you. Will post more later.

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess what? I have a small surprise for some of you. Will post more later.

Link Posted: 6/14/2013 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
OK I guess I made yall wait long enough.

Link to pics. Too many to post.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Those pics look good.

One comment, you might want to consider some "lips" that project downward at the front and rear, just like the magpul followers, to avoid tilting.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those pics look good.

One comment, you might want to consider some "lips" that project downward at the front and rear, just like the magpul followers, to avoid tilting.

I have. The follower is the only part I haven't started drawing in CAD, only on paper. I'll get started on that in a week or so.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump.
View Quote

Small update is that the followers are finished being drawn up and just now needing to be printed for testing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#12]
So..... Kickstarter is gay. I emailed them asking about a particular wording in one of their policies saying no firearms or firearms accessories and noted the project linked on page 2 of the other thread which is the Micro dot cover. And well apparently I can't put my project up there because from the time that was put on there and me emailing them, the policy was changed to omit firearm stuff. So that basically kicked me in the butt and threw out the idea of raising the funds to get this project into production.

So for now, back to the drawing board to figure out ways of getting these parts made without the cost being high. I can outsource the parts and get them 3d printed, but the body filler alone would cost $27 no matter the quantity. And that to me is unacceptable.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump before this disappears.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump before this disappears.
View Quote

No updates. The project has been put on hold for now. In the process of setting up a new place and been having some computer problems.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top