Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 5:41:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the deal with the BDM Feedlip Mod?

More like what's the deal with BDM mags?  Anybody else notice how awkward they are to insert into the magwell?  The curve is a little "off" and I'm certain it needs to be this way to work but it's going to be interesting trying to do quick mag changes.

The feedlips are too long front to back. The front of the feedlips needs to be filed back so that spent brass being extracted from the chamber doesn't hit the front edge of the feedlips before the ejector. When this happens the spent case ejects up into the action sometimes being pinned between the Ciener kit and the charging handle. It is a pain to clear.

BDM tried to fix the problem in the new full profile mags by having them sit a little lower in the action. However, in my experience that wasn't enough. The feed lips still need to be filed back a bit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I missed you guys at the last Ft. Myres gun show. I see you are going to be back there in late June. Do you think you will be bringing any of the uppers with you?

Oh, and mags too....

Maybe..

Alright, now you're just teasing. Which would be better, order direct from you, order through Jessi in Ft. Myers, or wait til the Ft. Myers gun show?

Also, can you make the .22 upper with a 10.5" barrel and FSB so it looks just like my LMT 10.5" upper? That would be outstanding.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I missed you guys at the last Ft. Myres gun show. I see you are going to be back there in late June. Do you think you will be bringing any of the uppers with you?

Oh, and mags too....

Maybe..

Alright, now you're just teasing. Which would be better, order direct from you, order through Jessi in Ft. Myers, or wait til the Ft. Myers gun show?

Also, can you make the .22 upper with a 10.5" barrel and FSB so it looks just like my LMT 10.5" upper? That would be outstanding.

You best Best bet is to order from us and hope to get it by the Fort Myers show but Im not sure if that will happen or not. If its not done by the show we would ship it to you when its ready.

Yes we have 11.5" barrels that I can install a set screw FSB on and they are really close to being the same spec as a 10.5" 223 upper, you really need a 12" barrel to be identical to a 10.5" but the barrel would be a customer cut and would be more expensive. I would go with the 11.5" if it was me.

Sorry, late post:::

Thanks Tom. I decided to go with the standard 16" upper and I ordered last week direct from Angela. Now all I need to do is get mags and ammo. Waiting is the only hard part.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top