AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for putting another firearm into the hands of a less than upstanding person.
Perhaps over time, you will lose all of your firearms and come to the conclusion you are to dumb to own any more.

Darwinism in it's finest hour.....

mark mcj

hey  markmcjunkins, good to know that you're always on top of things.  it'd be a damned shame if you ever made a mistake.  you're just an asshole.  this guy fucked up.  what do you care?  if the guy that stole the gun is a gangbanger or drug dealer he could probably get something just as cool and  probably in full auto just as easy.  it's funny how these guys never gave him shit for two pages until you came along.  thanks for being a dick.  

He might not have said it in the most diplomatic way - but his point is VERY valid.

The Birddog didn't have a rifle 'stolen' nor did he 'lose' it in an unavoidable accident.

He left behind an expensive and very capable weapon where anybody could take it.

That's almost as bad as leaving your kid behind at the amusement park.  Anybody who does that is plain irresponsible.

How many of you saying MarkMcJunkins is a 'Dick' have served in the Army or Marines?  Do you know what happens to ou if you lose one of their weapons?  (how many of you had a DI take your rifle during Basic when you left it more than arms reach away??).  I thik birddogz is getting off EASY  - its a painful lesson to learn but hopefully it will sink in.  These are not just expensive toys left behind on the playground they are weapons and can cause alot more dammage than leaving your Army suprlus pack behind.

what do you care?

Damn that one is too easy..

Considering a criminal may now have it that puts my family, my friends, and my self at greater risk.

It also potentially adds to the statisitcs of an 'evil assuault weapon' being used in a crime - statistics that will be used to try to ban these types of rifles.  It effects all of us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
WAAH... WAAH...
" My name is Forest and I live in Maryland.. and somehow I think that a rifle stolen in Georgia poses a threat to me and my family!!!'
Get a grip, chickenlittle.

Did I serve in the military?  No.  
Do I think MarkMcJunkins is a dickhead?  Certainly.
Do I think Birddogz was irresponsible for leaving his AR behind?  Yes.
Do I wish more suffering upon him?  No.

Have I ever done something forgetful or irresponsible.  Yep... although maybe the consequences weren't so harsh or so immediate.

Best wishes on the possible return of your firearm Dog.  I feel no need to heap more abuse on you for your mistake, as you clearly already know that your suffering was self-inflicted... which makes it all the more bitter.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Forest,
He knows he was wrong.
He knows it was a stupid act.
We do to, but

A. Those without sin [mistakes made] can cast the first stone.  
B. Don't kick a man when he is already down.
C. Show some support for a fellow gun lover.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out this thread.  He got his rifle back.  Someone turned it in to the police.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
WAAH... WAAH...
" My name is Forest and I live in Maryland.. and somehow I think that a rifle stolen in Georgia poses a threat to me and my family!!!'
Get a grip, chickenlittle.

Duh-DUh My name is DUD-57 and I don't can't recall anything that happened more than 2 minutes ago.

Nor follow TV - Remember the DC sniper - Killed half a dozen here in MD, and a few in VA.  Wanna guess where he stole his AR from (Hint it was on the west coast).   I live fairly close to where the shootings took place - and I visited that exact area often enough.

So sue me if I have a memory longer than than 2 months.

Hey wanna guess where the Long Island Railway shooter got his gun?  (This was one incident that helped push the hi cap magazine ban)  Hint: it was on the other side of the country.

Don't give me crap about how a gun stolen in a different state doesn't potentially effect me.  They already have.

A. Those without sin [mistakes made] can cast the first stone.

As I've never left a weapon (or child) behind I guess I could qualify.  Stone throwing isn't needed but a stern lecture might help (which I think Mark already gave).

B. Don't kick a man when he is already down.

Sometimes a bit of reenforcement that what you did was REALLY bad is a good thing.  At least my DIs seemed to think so...

C. Show some support for a fellow gun lover.

I think a bit of 'tough love' is called for here.

Check out this thread. He got his rifle back. Someone turned it in to the police.

Now that is EXCELENT news.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top