Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I am drooling over those Hk 416's!  Any idea on pricing for civie models?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Chen for the great pics and info. Did you happen to stop by the PRI booth? I understand they released a new rear BUIS? Being that I'm in the market for one, I would like to know more about it before making any decisions.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Any news from Trijicon about their mysterious 1x4 TR-21R "Taccupoint"? Also now that I think about it, where is the Larue table? Larue didn't have any wares to display?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No civie models in the near future. Due to ATF import regs it is an LEO only item.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Great pictures!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You should have seen the 417 that was at the show!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the great pictures!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm extreamely excited about the Masada.  That looks like the perfect rifle.  Did anyone see if FN had an FS 2000 at their booth?  I'm curious how they feel.

ETA:  Great pics!!!

Jeremy
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#10]
HK45 WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO GET ONE!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#12]
EOTech 557 with magnifiers.....

this is the 557, I like the concept of side mount switches for the magnifier, but it is not as intuitive as if the buttons are aligned top and bottom.  Push top button to go brighter and bottom button to dime the reticle. The side switch might take a little bit to get used to, but in combat, I think simpler is better.  Besides, the sight is much bigger then I expected.  

As far as the 3X magnifier, the price is right and the optic are clear on par with the Aimpoint unit, I think this would be a great little scope for those that want the option and did not want to pay the higher pricing. It is lightweight and compact, the size is on par with the Aimpoint unit. The tube is 30mm so you can use various mounts available on the market. I bet LaRue will have something running in the not to distant future.

The 4X is a monster, it has an awesome Zeiss optic, the clarity is superb and the field of view is wider then expected.  It is above the Aimpoint magnifier in all manners expects in size. In order to get some thing this clear and wide FOV, the view out of the optic are square to match the square window of the EOTech. This is about as small as EOTech can get the optic to be and still retain all the feature EOtech wanted on the 4x optic. It is about the same size as an ACOG and weights about the same. If it were my choice, I would definitely stick to the higher price 4x because of the quality and the performance delivered.  I should be testing one soon

size comparison.  551, 553, and 557

Comparing the 552 with the 557.

Back plate, standard EOTech buttons vs. the EOTech logo flat plate on the 557.

Raised hood to get the unit pass any handguard, this also add rail space on the receiver to mount the Magnifier mount by Samson.

The newly revised thumb screw, it is much more robust then the original.

Magnifier with EOTech exclusive Samson quick flip mount.

Quick flip in the open position.  Only thing I am not too thrilled about is the optic once it is flipped over, it is only retained by the spring, so it is actually flapping around a bit when you are moving very aggressively. Not a big deal since this is just give you the option of being able to flip the optic out of the way for a quick CQB shot.. But nevertheless, I like to have some type of retention for the optic once it is flipped over.  Especially true with the heavier 4x.

one nice feature, the mount is kind of reversed from their Aimpoint design. the Aimpoint mount has ARMS throw lever to the receiver, but the EOTech mount is bolted to the receiver but the ARMS throw lever is to retain the optic itself. So you only remove the optic not the mount. This makes storing and retrieving the optic from your pouch much faster with out the mount attached to the optic and getting hook onto something.

the 3x magnifier with the Military 553

EOTech's Western marketing director John Long posing with the 533 with 3x.

The 553 with the 4x magnifier. This is my favorite combo so far.

50 cal mount.

the BDC reticle on the 557, the dot are separated and easier to identify when used with a magnifier.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in love with the Masada , HK45 and that new Vltor flash hider... I can see I'll be saving my money, or taking out a loan from the bank :-x
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Kreb Custom has a display at Vltor booth.  It featured their newly developed top cover rail with incorperated A2 style rear sight.

This is their AK74 with the railed forend, speedy mag well, safety and the new top cover rail with rear sight.

As it stands, it is not co-witness unless you remove the mount. the rail adds bulk and weight but it does move the optic away from the gas tube style mounting solution.

rail in fully locked position

the locking lever flip to open and the locking tab pull out of battery.

the rail in the up position, exposing the piece you screw into your rear receiver trunnion.

in full open position.

The Kreb Custom mag well, extended mag release, extened safety.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#15]
WOW!! Great Pics!
I'm drooling everywhere.
Magpul Masada, PMAGS, Vltor, EOTech, etc.
I'm going to have to get a second job.

Where are the pictures & info for the battery/storage compartments for the Magpul CTR stock?
Did I miss someing about a Magpul vertical grip?
Pics Please I beg of you?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow, great work as always.

Any pics of the KRISS yet?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#17]
EOtech 557 + Magnifier =

"That's a HUGE bitch"

Link Posted: 1/15/2007 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
EOtech 557 + Magnifier =

"That's a HUGE bitch"

www.matt-thornton.net/movies/images/reviews/deuce_bigalow/deuce_big.jpg

+1 that setup looks almost as big as my Meopta 1-4x (which is HUGE for what it is).
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow, great work as always.

Any pics of the KRISS yet?

http://www.onpointfirearms.com/shotshow/2007/view/Flash.view/cover.php?name=Shot_Show_2007_Photos_Day_1

The first few are of the kriss v. I held it yesterday and it felt a bit heavy or maybe unblalanced to me but it did seem like a pretty cool weapon they siad that it took glock mags and they were going to make a civilian one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone noticed the Masada is rapid prototyped?   You can tell this by looking at the layered appearance of the plastic parts. It appears the all the plastic parts are rapid prototyped.

This is the only why they could have gotten it done in three months as they didn't have to spend time or money getting dies made.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Aimpoint's new M4 which is the replacement CCO for US Army. Gentleman, this is the new M68.

The new sight has over 75k hours of operation time on one AA battery. The battery change is at the request of the military. 2MOA dot.

Build in mount that is the same height as the M3 with rail grabber and a spacer. So the placement effectively set the iron at the lower 3rd of the optic window.  LaRue, ARMS are supposedly making mounts for it also.

The new design switch eliminated the old problem with M2 and 3.  It will no longer come loose or break off on heavy impact.

Aimpoint's brand spanking new Mini-dot, the mil-spec ruggedrized model with NV compatibility. Model T1

10k hours of operating time and the dot is a 2MOA.  Nice and compact, perfect for my Benelli shotgun and also placing one on top of my SPR optic.

The SIG had their 556 on display. it is said that over 400 has been delivered to their distributors already as of this year and the production is ramping up as we speak.

I really like the change back to the original ISG pistol grip.  I still do not like the way too busy handguard and the stock. I would replace the handguard with thier rail version and replace the stock with a nice MagPul CTR with a cheek piece. Since I don't shoot with my stock folded and I don't work in and out of a vehicle, I think the AR stock would be just fine for me.

SIG will offer different version of this weapon in the future, short barrel, sniper variant, maybe even a folding stock.

The current stock configuration, I would replace it with a MagPul CTR and use their new PMAG.  I think it would mate well with the SIG. with the rail handguard, I can run a set of Troy flip ups and a EOTech 553.

Receiver, the original lower can be adapted to this receiver, they are compatible.

Rail forend version, check out SIG's flip up front sight made by Samson. This unit attaches to the slot grooved on the gas block.

Notice the slotted gas block for the BUIS

Close up of the BUIS folded

Trigger group inside the new lower

The original pair. 551 and 552.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Fixed it for you.

Quoted:

Nevermind, you fixed it.

There is one broken image, however.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Chen for your time and hard work putting this together.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Who makes that Mini-dot optical site? Website?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Who makes that Mini-dot optical site? Website?

Aimpoint...
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]
No Larue booth?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope that balistic computer is not made by leopold..

becuase 2 years ago when i was trying to get an internship with them i told them of that idea and all the details on my exact concept ...  i'd be pissed if thats what ended up from my 15 minutre talk with the engineer from leopold
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No Larue booth?

don't be pushy, i am not done yet...

Quoted:

becuase 2 years ago when i was trying to get an internship with them i told them of that idea and all the details on my exact concept ...  i'd be pissed if thats what ended up from my 15 minutre talk with the engineer from leopold

Nope, developed in house by Barrett. they hire a group of optic experts to work on their offerings.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn, seeing lots of red X's
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
No Larue booth?

Here ya go...

No words on the monlithic upper as of yet, Mark stated that they are still working on it.  

Larue's CQB-R setup, lightweight, durable, and one great looking rifle.  The new mount for the mini red dot are a superb design.

Did you said you need to add a NVG, IR designator and they all had to be quick release and return to zero?

LaRue's stealth upper, it retains the original line of the M16A4 upper, it is machined out of a solid block of aluminum. Isn’t it beautiful?

Posing with Mr. Mark, the master himself.

Of course being the original EOTech kool-aide drinker, i had to re-do the picture with a LaRue Mounted EOTech 552.

Let's take a different direection and go visit the almighty LWRC with their latest 6.8mm CQB-R

Only way to get true reliability with a CQB-R is to go piston. especially if you are shooting suppressed.  the latest 6.8 CQB-R from LWRC. tested to over 10k rounds and no failure.

Close up of the piston driven 6.8 CQB-R

Since HK has not decided to offer the 416/417 to the public, I think anyone who desire a piston upper are to look to the LWRC for solution. this is a very well put together system that has been throughly tested. I have a LWRC that has over 8000 rounds including wolf through it and I have yet bother to clean it.

LWRC 5.56 CQB-R with the brand new Aimpoint M4.  I suggest the LWRC crew offer a heavy buffer and HD spring much like the HK folks for their conversion. This tame the recoil fell a bit and make the gun super smooth.

Free float with the M203.

Various offering from LWRC.

Colt not only offered up the 1020 like they showcased last year, but also a new upper called the M5.

Unique rail solution. this might be their answer to the guys that did not want to go monolithic.  I did not ran into Ken Elmore so i could not drill his brain for info.

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ss2007/huge/Colt002.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ss2007/huge/Colt002.jpg

The 1020 was also present. not relase date as of yet.

Link Posted: 1/15/2007 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Might be band width... I have a lot of pictures posted... by the time i am finished, there will be 254 shots of various shot show items.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#32]
thanks chen for all info on this years shot show.

bbb
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#33]
keep em cummin
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks Chen! I wasn't being pushy....just impatient. Quick question, any photos or info about the tango-down forward grip quick release set-up?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#35]
oops, double tap!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

same here. still getting lots of red X's.

i saw the pics yesterday, but today they went out again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Thanks Chen! I wasn't being pushy....just impatient. Quick question, any photos or info about the tango-down forward grip quick release set-up?

cole, i am just joking.. LOL

I have no idea on the QD mount for TD. Matter of fact, i will go over the next few days and check on it.

55 more images to go.

AAC
LMT
ARMS
PRI
KAC
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#38]
thanks Chen!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Any word from Larue on a non free float quad rail forend like a RAS type system?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Chen,

I've been perplexed by FN's reported reluctance to let people photograph their SCAR on display.  Can you bring us up to speed on what the boys @ FN are up to?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you!  Been waiting for this all weekend!
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, developed in house by Barrett. they hire a group of optic experts to work on their offerings.

back when i was in gun club 6 years ago.. i told memebers about the exact idea and they said it will never work.... i guess they were all wrong, and i could have been rich by now..
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Great work
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I will start this section with KAC's latest receiver upgrade, a lot of changes to make the weapon completely ambidextrous.  the new URXII is more like the URXIII, but KAC decide to call it URXII to eliminate any confusion with the much improved rail system.

Lengthen, with sling swivel holes build into all three side of the rail system in the front and the rear. instead of screws to retain the lower rail, it uses only one spring loaded detent somewhat like the Troy rail but the detent are captured.  it has a build in flip up front sight much like the one on the M110, and the post on the sight are adjustable for evel. via a screw.

ARMS presented a new low profile rear sight, it adjust with .50MOA click.

The screw are hard wired like the ACOG TA31RCO.  

SOPMOD Block entry, it lose to the Daniel Defense rail system.  DD rail system supposedly came in number one amongst all operators that tested and the price for the unit are the lowest.  KAC was the other entry that did not win the SOPMOD Rail contract.  

The completely redesigned SIR has a Troyish locking system to the barrel nut. the rail system are free float and actully are pretty light especailly with the lower polymer rail halves.

Posing with Brian from ARMS.

A true gentel man of the industry, Dave Dunlap the head huncho at PRI.

PRI's own CQB-R this puppy can do 1MOA at 100yrds all day long. with the quiet brake it is very light on recoil.

The Gas Buster on the bottom has a new super tough finish, Dave has scraping the grey finish with his pocket knife and it wore the blade out.

The front and rear BUIS from PRI.

The new rear sight folded

In the ip position

Other side, also the release button are shown.  the sight requires you to push the button to deploy it and also push the button to lower it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I am so not tacking this thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#46]

LMT's awesome MRP, in my opinion, the best monolithic rail platform with quick change barrel, wait it is the only of its kind in existence.  I have had my for over 3 years with well over 20k rounds out of it, it remains accurate at 2-3 MOA at 100yrds with M193.

Rail mounted M203, there is no other rail system can take this kind of load and still survive.

A bit fuzzy, but this is LMT's new rail mounted M203 sight.

Business end of this superb system.

6.8 version of the rifle length MRP

R-bar cutter with teeth.

For those that were asking about the LMT piston for the MRP…here is the scope.
The piston conversion will be for the CQB MRP at first with the rifle version forth coming in the future, but there is no time frame scheduled for the rifle CQB piston just yet.  The gas regulator are position on the barrel that is out side and in front of the MRP, and the piston, piston spring and rod are inside the MRP secured to the barrel. So all you have to do is change the barrel and you change the gas system. Of course a new bolt carrier with solid gas key are required.

Interesting item and somewhat related to the LMT M203.  the RM Equipment vertical grip.

integrated light mount.

This grip is secured via a ratcheting system kind of like a socket wrench. The button locks the mechanism by depressing the button, you can twist the grip to release the clamp or totally disassemble the entire grip system. With optional rail mounted clamp, you can go from M203 to your rail system.

Couple of different grip style and the super long grip are mounted on the M203 in the back ground. The super long grip can also act as a monopod for prone shooting.

The same grip with a different mounting kit can also be attached directly to any handguard without the need to add additional rail. The lock up is very tight. I wanted a picture of the grip detached, but my camera battery took a dump..sigh.

quick attach rail system, it does not add rail at the 12 o'clock position, but this for those that do not need the rail system 24/7. I did not find this item an interest.

But the same mounting method can enable a department to select a various salute of options to meet any demanding situation.

With taser

On AK74

The mount utilizes the bayonet mount to secure it to the weapon. The top security cover slide back and forth to keep the locking tabs from releasing the M203. The two tabs can be pinched together for the clamp to lock into the bayonet lug and once the clamps are locked in position, you just push the top security cover over the two locking tabs to secure it. The security cover is design to slip into the lock position easily but it takes some effort to open it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the great pics Chen!!!

Anything new from Trijicon this year?
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#48]
M203s...
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#49]

I will start with the cool little 22 suppressor. note the two indent that denote the suppressor are in lock position.

The glare took away the detent, but it is lined up for the suppressor to be released from the barrel.

You can then unscrew the rear cap to expose the baffle stack for cleaning.
something that is more necessary for those pesky lead 22 ammo that leaves a lot of residue.

Black Box, the suppressor entry to the the now defunct Joint service pistol trial out.

The Black box has a recoil booster to help with cycling. it is also lightweight. some what like the Surefire pistol suppressor which is super light weight and did not feature a recoil booster.

Ultra efficent 50cal suppressor.

Durable M249 Suppressor

Evn more durable GPMG suppressor.

Isn't this just cool.....I couldn't help it but smile.

The M4 screw on can

The SPR suppressor

It has four(maybe five) points for the suppressor to index upon. you can find the perfect index for the lowest POI change with and without the suppressor.
notice the thread with various openings at the front for the suppressor to index on.

Getting ready to index with the open thread.  the suppressor features a quick detach capability.

Somewhat in tune to the GemTech Halo, but it is a bit simpler to mount then the Halo.

The rear collar does not have to be snaked through the flash hider like the Halo, you simply drop it over the front of the suppressor pull tight against the rear of the hider and then insert the front section and turn to tighten.

wall display

Suppressor on G36K
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#50]
wow just wow... all of it.  wow.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top