AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or you can get in contact with Ayan from BoltCarrier.com and have one shipped to you..Congrats on the choice, I like the majority, have had nothing but great experiences with all my SR15's. I acutally bought one of the very first batches released in late 2007/2008. the one I shoot the most has just over 16k through it and to date, I have one malfunction and that can be traced to a worn USGI mag.

Only ammo it has ever seen has been PMC Bronze, AE .223, and Federal XM193..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well after this thread and reading through the others I have decided that my next rifle will be a SR-15 Mod 1.

Now I just need to find a place around Vegas that sells them!

Or you can get in contact with Ayan from BoltCarrier.com and have one shipped to you..Congrats on the choice, I like the majority, have had nothing but great experiences with all my SR15's. I acutally bought one of the very first batches released in late 2007/2008. the one I shoot the most has just over 16k through it and to date, I have one malfunction and that can be traced to a worn USGI mag.

I may do that because everyone I have tried calling does not have any in stock.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well after this thread and reading through the others I have decided that my next rifle will be a SR-15 Mod 1.

Now I just need to find a place around Vegas that sells them!

Ayan at boltcarrier.com has one in stock as we speak.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hello,

Thanks to everyone here helping me in my previous threads I am inching closer to gathering all of the information I need for my next AR-15 style rifle. I am on the quest to buy/build the most reliable AR-15 (carbine) possible. Right now it is between a Colt with some after-market adds or a KAC SR-15.

I am honestly leaning towards the SR-15 since it has everything pretty much ready to go out of the box. The only thing I would add/change is getting some parts NiBed.

But before I move forward I was hoping to here from the experts here about the SR-15 and if it is really want I hear some people say it is.

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

This ALWAYS starts fanboy fights and really belongs in the KAC section under industry.
However, if you want an out of the box rifle, KAC is one of many EXCELLENT choices, and if you are going for out of the box, don't NIB anything, just leave it alone. if there was a part
that needed to be NiB'd KAC would have done it.
Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
They are nice...plain and simple.  Think of if this way.  

After you buy a normal AR, and then you become addicted to the platform and spend way too much money on small upgrades and parts.  Eventually you realize that you have spent about as much on the one AR that you could have just purchased an SR-15...the difference is the SR 15 comes with everything out of the box.  

My next AR will be an SR-15..  I have enough KAC parts that make me want everything KAC.  

cheers:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top