User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
How do they run in F/A I am ready to order if the flawless 1000 rounds goes for F/A too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What ammo was used in the video?
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What ammo was used in the video?

If you mean the video I posted it was 36gr Federal bulk pack from walmart.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Received mine today and it ran fine with Aguila Subsonics.  This just may become my favorite fun gun!!!!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/IMG_2204.jpg
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Received mine today and it ran fine with Aguila Subsonics.  This just may become my favorite fun gun!!!!

i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/IMG_2204.jpg

Very nice!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]

wahoo95

What is your barrel length?

Dane
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered the same configuration. cant wait for it to come in. When did you place your order?
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine has a 16" barrel....the fake can makes it appear shorter.  Will cost likely have it cut back to 10" once my next stamp is approved.  

I placed my order on 2/6, so it was quite a wait.  They should start getting caught up on the backorders now that the new bolt is finally in production.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Got mine last tuesday. Ordered Feb 3. Worth the wait.

Spikes M4 .22lr will be the favored one of the group of my mil type 22s.

Link Posted: 5/22/2008 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Got mine last tuesday. Ordered Feb 3. Worth the wait.

Looks great, paltik38!!!!

Would you do me a favor and measure your FSB?  I need to know whether the FSB's that come on the Spike's M4-22 uppers are standard A2 (for a rifle) or the proper units for use with carbine flattops.

Thanks!!

Link Posted: 5/22/2008 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I am going to order mine in a 10" configuration for my Colt M16.

Yours looks Great and I am glad to hear it runs on subsonic ammo.

Dane
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#14]
paltik38 is that a 22 lr M-1 carbine and is that an Kt 98 AK 22lr or a WSAR 22 lr.  Just curious  because I don't ever remember see a picture of a 22 lr M-1 carbine and the only WSAR's i saw had a different butt stock.  Good looking group I bet you burn a lot of 22 lr ammo.  Thanks.......................!
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#15]
vascar2
it is a m1 carbine lookalike in .22, theyre quite hot items on gunbroker lately.there seems to be one there every 10 days and most dont sell under $350. i like mine i traded a vulcan romanian g ak for it. its  a lot of fun.
Yes its a wasr22 that i added spare ak furniture. it took me a while to fine tune it but now its running very reliably with .22lr vipers. blackdog is going to be making 30rd mags for the wasr22 this summer so theyre going to on the hot list very soon.
if not for the current economic situation i would never have discovered how fun .22lrs are. still, i miss cheap surplus .308 ammo!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Dane

Do It Right Now!

I would bet money that they have a 10" upper ready and waiting since they cut my 10.5" barrel 1/2" too short.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#17]
If I order now, is the wait time still 6 weeks? I want a ST-22 upper bad now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dane

Do It Right Now!

I would bet money that they have a 10" upper ready and waiting since they cut my 10.5" barrel 1/2" too short.

It had better be coming to me. I ordered a 10" back in March and have yet to see it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the info paltik38...............good looking rigs.................after seeing your 22 M-1 look alike I went to Gunbroker and saw a Iver John 22lr M-1 carbine.................I was a fool and sold an original Inland 30 cal M-1 carbine I bought for a song....................Boy do I regret that now...................Live and learn.  I know I shoot way more 22 lr now than anything else.  I enjoy shooting 22lr about as much as any center fire and get a lot more bang for the buck....................Thanks again I really like the looks of WSAR 22!
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
paltik38 is that a 22 lr M-1 carbine and is that an Kt 98 AK 22lr or a WSAR 22 lr.  Just curious  because I don't ever remember see a picture of a 22 lr M-1 carbine and the only WSAR's i saw had a different butt stock.  Good looking group I bet you burn a lot of 22 lr ammo.  Thanks.......................!

Vascar2 you have to try out the the spikes .22lr m4. Its my favored one now. it shoots great. I  jusr need to get more mags for it. Spikes service is excellent, my wait was 14 weeks due to a production change- but now I have a nickle plated bolt.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dane

Do It Right Now!

Are you going from the bolt face to the muzzle? 1.5" of the barrel is in the upper receiver.

I ordered a 10.5" profile upper.  Angela told me that I needed the 12" barrel because of the 1.5" set-back into the receiver.  When I spoke with her on May 12, she said that QA had found that my barrel was only 11.5", which left me .5" short on the 10.5" profile.  She said that she could send it "as is" or they could cut me a new barrel and ship it out by the end of the week.  Since I'm trying to match the profile of my other 10.5" guns, I told her to go ahead and cut another barrel.  I didn't receive any shipping notification last week, so I called again, but haven't received any response.  

The Order For This Upper Was Placed In JANUARY!
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dane

Do It Right Now!

Are you going from the bolt face to the muzzle? 1.5" of the barrel is in the upper receiver.

I ordered a 10.5" profile upper.  Angela told me that I needed the 12" barrel because of the 1.5" set-back into the receiver.  When I spoke with her on May 12, she said that QA had found that my barrel was only 11.5", which left me .5" short on the 10.5" profile.  She said that she could send it "as is" or they could cut me a new barrel and ship it out by the end of the week.  Since I'm trying to match the profile of my other 10.5" guns, I told her to go ahead and cut another barrel.  I didn't receive any shipping notification last week, so I called again, but haven't received any response.  

I want the Walther barrel in 10" I can't get pricing from Spikes yet on the Walther barrels because they don't have them yet. They told me to wait till I have pricing to place my order.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Got mine today, looks great, has been fired and is dry so it must have worked without lube.

Going to give it a work out this weekend.

Thanks Spike and family, you guys rock, see ya at the next gun show.

FB
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:07:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dane

Do It Right Now!

Relax, We will get you your upper asap. These barrel Lengths are a pain due to the fact we have orders of 10" or 10.5" barrels. Some people want their 22lr upper to match their 10" or 10.5" 5.56mm carbines while others actually want a physical length of 10" or 10.5". We have 11.5" barrels Instock, which would compare to a 10" 5.56mm upper. What is the exact length you want? Ive got a bunch of barrels at the machine shop gettings cut right now so I should be able to get your upper out before the end of the week.

-Tom@Spike's Tactical

-Tom@Spike's Tactical

badazzar15,

What lengths will the Walther Barrels becoming in? I am looking for a 10" but I will go with a 10.5" up to an 11.5" to keep it simple.

Dane

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dane

Do It Right Now!

Relax, We will get you your upper asap. These barrel Lengths are a pain due to the fact we have orders of 10" or 10.5" barrels. Some people want their 22lr upper to match their 10" or 10.5" 5.56mm carbines while others actually want a physical length of 10" or 10.5". We have 11.5" barrels Instock, which would compare to a 10" 5.56mm upper. What is the exact length you want? Ive got a bunch of barrels at the machine shop gettings cut right now so I should be able to get your upper out before the end of the week.

-Tom@Spike's Tactical

-Tom@Spike's Tactical

Tom,

I ordered a 12" barrel to give me a 10.5" profile.  I was told that my upper was complete and ready to go at the end of February, but waiting on the new bolt.

I spoke with Angela yesterday.  She said that the new barrels came in, but the rifling and threads were damaged, so QA kicked them back.  She said that she should have the new barrel cut and my upper shipped by the end of the week.  It sounds like you guys have one hell of a QA program.  I just wish the QA issues could have been handled while we were waiting on the bolts, instead of after the bolts had arrived.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I ordered an 11.5 inch and this is what mine looks like.

Link Posted: 5/29/2008 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Guys:

Got my Spikes upper yesterday and it looks great.  I put it on my RRA lower and had trouble getting the bolt to close.  It would remain about 1/4 inch open every time I racked the bolt.  I oiled everything and still had trouble.  I finally found out what the problem was.  The bottom of the bolt was catching on the hammer and that was causing the bolt to stay open.  I did not want to send it back so I got out my trusty Dremel and gave the bottom of the bolt a slight grind and everything works fine.  I hope to be shooting it this weekend.  

This comment was not meant to flame Spike's but to help if anyone had the same problem.

Thanks Spikes

Charles

Link Posted: 5/29/2008 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Thats a common problem with Ciener conversion kits to drag on a hammer or bolt catch.  I'm like you I would rather remove metal from Ciener as opposed to take metal off the hammer. I hope you like your spike's upper!
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I had the same problem with mine, After 500 rnds it it smoothed out...
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/SUMMERSAUSAGE/Spikes003.jpg

Mine did not come with an A2 hider, or a sling swivel?  
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 2:04:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Tom,

Check your email please.

Link Posted: 5/30/2008 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/SUMMERSAUSAGE/Spikes003.jpg

Mine did not come with an A2 hider, or a sling swivel?  

Almost everything got A1's, and only a few of the FSB's actually had sling swivels riveted on.

After close examination, I believe the one pictured on your site does have an A1 hider.  But it does have a front sling swivel installed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#36]
WOOHOO...I'm am soooo stoked.

I got shiped confirmation today on my 5.5" upper!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my confirmation too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#38]
So, what length barrel do you need to order to use a standard carbine handguard, or a YHM carbine rail etc.?

What is the difference between the Spike modified Ciener conv. and the M1S modified Ciener conv?  Do both have the chamber adapters removed?  Since Spikes barrel is M1S are the modifications to the Ciener kit the same?

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#39]
I just sent Angela a US Postal Money Order for my Upper.

Dane
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
WOOHOO...I'm am soooo stoked.

I got shiped confirmation today on my 5.5" upper!!!!!

How long did you wait?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:27:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered a 10" Walther barrel so I will have a longer wait then most of you. In the mean time I am building up my supply of magazines and a SWR Spectre Silencer for it. I will be mounting it on a Colt M16. I expect the paper work on my silencer should be approved by end of June.

I am going to see if my sons will buy the ammunition for it. They asked me to switch the M16 from my name to my LLC so they can take it to the range without me. I told them I would as long as they put up the tax stamp money.

I am going to try to find someone with a good digital video camera so I can take some action pitures of the Spike'e upper being fired with the SWR Spectre mounted on it.

Dane
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top