Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Mr Lee outstanding job thanks for the inside look.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OUTSTANDING PICS.
I wonder if  Colt will be offering the piston
rifles in 6520/6920-style rifles? I really don't need
all of those uber-tactical rail systems.

No.  "uber-tactical" is almost the standard now...

plus the monolithic rail helps protect the piston and rod assembly more than plastic handguards that don't even fit...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Too fuckin short.
[/qtuoe]
You've got to be kidding.  Current EOTech life is the same at the Comp M (orginal M68 CCO) life - and nobody had issues with that.

Why can't they compete with Aimpoint on battery life?

Because you need a LASER to see holograms - Aimpoints only have to reflect a LED off a screen.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is that a Troy rail on a DPMS 308 ?(the last pic with EOTech magnifier)

Troy has rail system for the AR10 and the POF 308.

Quoted:
Will EOtech still be producing the 512,552 models or is it all 553 from now on?

EOTech will continue to produce the 510 LE series, 550 series military series sights along with the USSOCOM SOPMOD Block2 ECO the 553.

Quoted:
That new DD rail looks really nice.  Will they be available soon to the civilian market?

Yes, DD is getting ready for general release.
I will have a bunch ready to ship within the next few weeks.

Quoted:
Will DD be making their own lowers now?

yes they will....  Now you can mate your DD lower to your DD upper

Quoted:
Chen,

Jumping back to the SF helmet light. It wouldn't be a restricted sale item since it's just an IR capable flashlight correct? Or does it have a capability I missed?

It is an IR strobe, I am not sure why it is a restricted item but I tink Surefire is keeping it LE/mil just for the sake of it to please the gov't.

Quoted:
SMG,

Thanks so much for the BEST SHOT show pictures bar none - and taken from an AR lover's perspective as well...

Did you mean .204 Ruger?

Spooky

Spook,

You are right, the hand is faster then my brian... it is the Ruger 204.. I will make the change..
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]
OMG I love that new colt monolithic gas piston rifle.....

will the barrels be "quick change" like the MRP?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#7]
This will be part 3 of my report... This is it.. I am all spent.  :)

We will start with the Remington booth and their SASS enter I found to be a excellent semi auto sniper rifle for the less pocket rich clients.

The business end of the gun...

some GemTech eye candy... this new Blackside suppressor is in the JSP competition.

HK is next.. they did not have anything new in the booth but I figure I take some shots for the heck of it...

The glass display of their past was interesting... I thought was a very nice display.

the 416 was available for the public to see and play with.

Notice the standard handguard, looks like HK is preparing to offer this system as the replacement for the big Army... the handguard will definitely lower the inital purchasing price.  notice the small notch the handguard protrude into the upper receiver rail?

A close up of the handguard and the flip up front sight and gas block assembly. even the plastic handguard will be free float.  so the handguard can slip out of the way and the operator can gain access to the gas system for service.

HK's west coast rep, the man behind Unertl Optics and manufacturing, and a true American..USMC Col. Rocky Green.

Finally the HK 416 with Scout light and EOTech 553.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Chen,

just great work...........as usual.  Your pics and informed narrative are next best to actually being there.

Thanks MUCH !!

Tom
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Are we going to be seeing any pics from the LaRue booth?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#10]
The super cool Vltor VIS modular upper system

This is the upper in 9mm and 556 version.  same guns you saw in an earlier ARFCOM post.

This is the carbine upper with modular forward assist and brass deflector.
This upper is actually two piece, it is fused together using a process call Salt brazing..(Hope I got the spelling correct)..This process heat the two piece ot almost melting and the process fuse the two together, then it is re-heat treated to 7000 hardness and machine to the final product.  Eric.. If I get this info wrong.. fell free to post and correct me.. :)

My 553 found a perfect home on the VIS.

the latching system that enable to removal of the lower handguard.  you can also see the barrel nut that require a special tool for installation.  Vltor will include a throw away tool with every VIS kit.  at a price of 600+ dollars, I really think this is a great system, I think I will have to build me an upper.

Another look at the VIS with the brass deflectors installed.

The M14/M1a stock mod... Vltor will do the stock mod on your existing stock but the handguard can only be purchased through Springfield Armory.

Next to Vltor is Troy,

Here is a few of their toys on display....

Brett and Troy display...

I am not a big fan of the Krink brazke on long barrel ARs, but it is a nice touch on the display.

close up of the Troy rail with the M203, and different 203 sight options.

Troy had a nifty item on display, a bulletproof shield mate to the Troy rail...this is interesting to say the least. this device made the front end quit heavy but it is not too heavy as to hinder quick movements.

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-194.jpg" border=0>
Troy rail on an Armalite AR10... looking good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Troy rail on the new POF 308 rifle and the ultra cool Tangodown bi-pod.
I really like the new DPMS 308 magazines, it is suppose to be sin\milar to the SR25 mags, but I found the example I have been using to be a bit.. tad bit thicker then my SR25 mags... I think I will have to get a POF 308 using the Troy rail and a bunch of the DPMS magazines...  Nightforce 1-4x....6 months away....sigh!!

My big ole mug posing with the newly improved Troy SOPMOD stock which is in production as we speak.

Improved egronomics, light weight, and adjustable height stock for better cheek weld to the optic.  The set up basically eliminated the std iron sight and in its place a set of Troy iron is mounted to the rail.

The area where the TangoDown grip meet the rear of the receiver, Troy plan to round that section of the receiver to better fit the contour of the handvs. the stock.

This is a direct drop in with out any bedding required.

Here is an interesting item...Troy is making a upper which will index with their rail system...this will eliminate any gaps between the receiver and the rail.

Last but not less... we have ARMS...ARMS showed off their SIR2 or the RAS2 entry.

Close up of this system shows a similar concept as the Troy rail which the handguard clamps to the barrel nut. the basic design the the well proven SIR system with the polymer lower attach to the aluminum upper rail and the bottom and side rail are selectable so the operator can select the location where to place the rail.  the four screw that fasten the rail to the barrel nut are dummycord to the rail system.
Notice the cool new IR laser from Laser Device?

Look at the top rail, it has two tabs bracing the upper receiver for more sturcture rigidity.
Check out the new Surefire M900 with dual throw lever...this is throw lever glore in this pic...

This is the system with the M203 attached, the hardward require to mount the 203 and keep the system free float.

the accessory rail for the M203.

in full view with the cool new Elcan

I like the elcan's ability to fast forward the magnification with a throw lever.

This conclude my ShotShow report... I really wished to have taken pictures at LaRue's booth but everytime I went by, Mark was too busy with all the visitors to his very popular booth... I think I will need three days next year.

See you at Orlando.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Whats the deal with the AUG, I'm sure it will never be offered to civvies, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

Thanks for the pictures, they're great!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for taking the time to post this Chen!  

The 416 alternate handguard is interesting; kind of 70's looking to me.  I'll take one of those Vtlor uppers and a G-11 please.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#15]
SMGLEE what are they useing to get the AR Sniperrifles that deserttan color? that looks really nice...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Whats the deal with the AUG, I'm sure it will never be offered to civvies, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

Thanks for the pictures, they're great!

I think Steyr is working feverishly hard trying to get the AUG back in the civvy hands.  The rep I talked is pretty excited about the future of AIG in civy market.

Quoted:
SMGLEE what are they useing to get the AR Sniperrifles that deserttan color? that looks really nice...

They used Gunkote to refinish the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Is most of this stuff available now, i'm going to their respective websites and finding nothing. Where should I go to purchase the new Vltor upper?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is most of this stuff available now, i'm going to their respective websites and finding nothing. Where should I go to purchase the new Vltor upper?

The Shot show is where the big names in the firearms industry go to introduce their latest gear, alot of the products are in the prototype stages, and are merely a preview of what may come...

The Vltor upper is not yet available. It should be available by summer '06 more info here: Vltor VIS
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Will Troy be offering that SOPMOD stock for AR's?
Thanks for the great report,Chen. Kudos!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Great post. Thank you so much for all your effort.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Tag.  Thanks, Chen!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy smokes!!

That Hk 416 set up is the cats-ass of AR-15 design.

I'm almost embarrassed to say what I'd do to own one.......of each

Stunning.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Troy rail on an Armalite AR10... looking good.

Fixed the picture for you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Fixed the other one for you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I want the new SIR.  Once again, great pics.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#26]
THANKS CHEN!!  Great pics!!  Awesome job-ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Chen, what's the barrel length on the VLTOR VIS 9mm upper? Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#28]
awesome pics. thanks so much for the effort.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#30]
sweet pics thanks lee!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:59:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Tag. Thanks for the awesome pics!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:48:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Great work, thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Chen rocks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Chen rocks.

MS....is the Pyromania avatar there because of your nick, or are you a fan?  Just curious, as I regard that album as one of the best ever (sorry for the thread hijack ).  It was also the first music casette I ever bought!!!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
you missed the html tag so I nabbed it!!

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-169.jpg

WHICH STOCK IS THAT UPPER ONE?

the stock in the top right corner is made by tdi-arms

here it is on their website
http://www.tdi-arms.com/store.php?region=nonusa&pid=342

casey
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Some pretty awesome stuff coming out this year, especially the AR15 and .308 AR10-type platforums. Chen thanks for the pictures!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Outstanding.

Thanks Chen. You highlighted pretty much everything I was interested in seeing. You provide an execellent service for us black rifle addicts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Awsome pictures Chen

Made myself a nice little shopping list. Just missing the money part now.

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-144.jpg
What scope is that?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#43]
It's a D760, a GenIII 6x scope, you can get it from Victor
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Thanks Chen
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Chen, what's the barrel length on the VLTOR VIS 9mm upper? Thank you.

the barrel is approx. 9 inches.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow, that is excellent stuff.

Any idea on the MSRP of the DD rail? Is it end-user installable (unlike the URX)? Is the version they're selling to us lowly civilians going to come with those retractable M203 mounts up front?

Thanks. No word from LaRue?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Next I headed to Knights.. it is always a pleasure to visit KAC because I always find talking to Lt Col Lutz(retired) a great experience.  Dave is a great friend and awesome weapons expert that have so much to offer to our community.

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-034.jpg
The man himself and his new baby.. the next gen US military sniper system.. M110.
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-035.jpg
Close up of the flash hider and the suppressor attachment point.
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-036.jpg
Lift this latch and the suppressor can be detached much like the MK11.. a ball detent lock the latch in place.
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-037.jpg
The build in flip up front sight, for now it is activated by loosening a nut and retightening it.. but in the future a flip up feature will be build into the URX and also making it more robust.
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-042.jpg
The new Leupold SASS optic with Leupold dark earth finish. not as gold as you might think...
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-045.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-048.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-050.jpg
Close up of the mount... FORWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>a separate tool is part of the package to keep the mount tighten after a air drop... the scope are to be seperate from the gun during a drop operation.
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-043.jpg
The adjustable stock and the plastic socket supply in conjunction to the t-wrench for field work so you don't have to carry the t-wrench with you into the field...
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-049.jpg
The controls... The grip is mold in dark earth. The color match pretty closely.
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-219.jpg
The entire package.. the hard case, with another smaller hard case for the optics for air drop.. drag bag, gun, magazines, and all misc. tools and parts..  the new SASS mags have a white follower.
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-077.jpg
Dave and I posing with the M110
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-071.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-028.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-029.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-030.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-031.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-032.jpg
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-221.jpg
The super cool Knights Thermal... small and very handy.. you can't still recognize the facial feature but you definitely can pick out body signatures... check out the very nice quick release mount
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/shotshow2006/large/SS06-222.jpg
another picture of the thermal with the QD mount unlatched.. very nice design on the QD mount which can be applied to various other mounting applications.

OK this is it for now... I have about another 100 pics to go up.. check back tomorrow..

Hope you enjoy it...

Oooh! DADDY LIKE!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#49]
THe VLTOR ARs are sweet, and thew MAgpul stocks are excellent; I see great things coming Magpul's way, the new stocks will be popular. I also like the Eotech 553, definitely something I wouldn't mind mounting on my AR.

Overall, looks like the SHOT Show was a big success, and rightly so; the pics were great and I appreciate you for posting them. Excellent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice coverage, thanks for taking the pics and taking the time to share your impressions
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top