Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
14.5 with Vortex, Phantom or BiLock. Preferably a 14.5 Light Weight barrel in 1/7.

Gratuitous picture
[img]http://www.diemaco.com/images/sal-c8.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
So, It looks like it's a toss up between the 14.5" and 16" Barrel?

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy:  I agree that the 16" barrel would likely disappear if the NFA did.  I know the only reason I don't mess with 14.5 is because of the fuss over the FS.

It'd be neat to see what the demand would be if the NFA wasn't artificially restricting lengths.  There is plenty of experimentation in the civilian market outside of making M4geries. :)  I guess I would likely follow the SOPMOD "block 3" pattern (if I had the money):  a shorty CQB upper w/ suppressor, a 14.5 for general purpose, and a 16-18" SPR style upper for longer stuff.

About those pics with the Bushmaster LE rifles.  The 16" rifles look a lot nicer without the GL cut and with the stock extended.  The 16" SL LE carbine is a dream to handle.

Fell-off-the-truck:
A rough count gave me 23 people replying:
    16 for the 14.5
    21 for the 16.  
I only counted people who said they had a barrel in that length, not suggestions of what you should get.  So it's roughly split, 43%/57%.  There seemed to be way more people in the "Only 14.5s" camp than "Only 16s", but most people seem to have both with no strong preference.  I think it's an issue of the rifle's purpose.  Someone wants an M4gery or the shortest legal rifle, 14.5.  If someone just wants a light carbine, it doesn't seem to matter as much.

We need two polls: one to count what they've got, and another to get their opinions, like 16 only, 14.5 only, prefer 16, prefer 14.5, I like both equally.

Moderators: if Fell-off-the-truck won't, can I start a new thread with a poll?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me know how to do a Poll and I will ?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It's Now A Poll !!! [bounce]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top