User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt-653

At this point I really don't care where you say that you got these stocks from. The stock that you sent me is ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL to the $115.00 reproduction stock that I purchased from E.A. Co. over a year ago. Five fellow club members have compared the two and not one of them could see any differences! Not in finish, not in fit, NOT IN ANYTHING!

I have returned the stock that you sent me via USPS Priority Mail this AM. The tracking number is

0303 2460 0002 4744 5004

Be sure that you send me my refund as promptly as I've sent you the stock.

str8shot
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]
In the first two pictures you can clearly see the step down from .625" to .570" because it is a cut down SP1 carbine barrel.

You can see in the last two photos that there is not much of a step down because the barrel changes from .625" to .615" diameter.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]

There 'ya go, scottryan...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt-653,

Inbound.

USPS Priority #0304 1070 0000 3623 5031, with signature delivery confirmation...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Since you guys (and this is not directed at the whole board just some of the posters here) don’t really know what you’re talking about regarding the stocks and their dimensions, why don’t you read through the following info and tell me where I’m wrong.  By the way all the info I’m posting is from measurements I took this afternoon on weapons I own. I made a Call to SAW, but was only able to get the answering machine, I will attempt to get a hold of Ken or Tina latter this week…. not that I really need to waste their time, but since they are the only authorities some here are willing to accept I will see what they have to say.

Those that are telling me the stock I sent them are way of dimension are full of crap…I measured the two units I still have and both are exactly the same as a Colt 2-postion fiberite stock I bought from SAW back in the late 1990’s. When I’ve compared them for finish they match several of the Colt SP1 stocks listed below.

For those that are complaining about the Color of  the tubes, they are the exact same color as the 2 Brand new complete LMT uppers I just received from G&R Tactical(Thanks Grant)..so unless Grant is switching out parts( I’d put good money that he’s not)….then the Color is within the acceptable spectrum.

I’ve even included a diagram so you can see the dimensions and the points from which they were taken.

Peace out.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be posting a SP1/Lightweight BBL FAQ shortly, Scottryan you don't know what you're talking about regarding Colt BBLs and their dimensions. The pic you sent me from SAW of the XM177E2 bbl clearly shows that the bbl steps down.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I will be posting a SP1/Lightweight BBL FAQ shortly, Scottryan you don't know what you're talking about regarding Colt BBLs and their dimensions. The pic you sent me from SAW of the XM177E2 bbl clearly shows that the bbl steps down.

[http://www.fototime.com/192F6C1D67ED292/standard.jpg

Duh, it steps down from .625 under the FSB to .610~.615 between the FSB and threads.  That is what I have be saying all along. Have you read anything I have posted?  I would like you to show me where I said there was never a step down?  Before you go on posting more crap, you need to answer that question.

And I never said the stock tube was out of spec as reguard to dimensions, only to the contour between the rail and tube and I notice your chart doesn't address that radius.  Also, the stock tubes are out of spec because it is not finished properly!  It doesn't matter if they are Colt or not, they are not finished with the usual finish like the vast majority of Colt tubes out there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

[http://www.fototime.com/192F6C1D67ED292/standard.jpg

I just don't understand why you cant admit you are wrong with one little trivial bit of information after I have proven you wrong with pictures.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

For those that are complaining about the Color of  the tubes, they are the exact same color as the 2 Brand new complete LMT uppers I just received from G&R Tactical(Thanks Grant)..so unless Grant is switching out parts( I’d put good money that he’s not)….then the Color is within the acceptable spectrum.

I wasn't buying an LMT tube and stock.  I was buying a Colt tube and stock.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I never complained about the specs of the O.D. of my tube which mic'ed at min 1.149" and maxed at 1.153" which is in acceptable tolerances for a mil-spec DIAMETER.  The interior end of the tube was bare aluminum with no anodizing.  THAT I COMPLAINED ABOUT.   I HAVE SEEN COLT TUBES IN ABOUT EVERY COLOR YOU CAN THINK OF. SO THAT WAS NO ISSUE EITHER.  HOWEVER, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COLT TUBE THAT WASN'T COMPLETELY ANODIZED, INSIDE-AND-OUT.  

I ALSO AGREED WITH SCOTTRYAN THAT THE PROFILE OF THE RAIL DOES NOT MATCH EITHER OF MY COLTS, VLTOR, OR LMT.

Post all the dimensions and specs you want, my stock is on its way back to you and maybe you can re-sell it with a more accurate description of the actual product delivered than what you described in the original ad.

There is nothing you can do to convince me, scottryan, Str8shot, or anyone else reading this that is knowledgeable about COLT to believe these stocks are Colt manufactured, in spite of the two "really nice labels" that look like they were made on the same word processor that Bush's missing National Guard records were made on.

The more you argue instead of admitting a mistake was made, intentional or not, the more it damages your future credibility.  Changing from the issue of bogus stocks to arcane barrel measurements was a nice move, but doesn't really address the issue here does it?  And it doesn't address the issue that you are deducting the cost of the shipping even though you have never had to pay it yourself.  I paid $185 for the stock and you told me shipping was $5.85.  You said the total was $191.00, even though $185.00 plus $5.85 equals $190.85.  Must be new math or something.

Anyway, I paid the cost of the shipping to get it here.  This morning I had to pay to send it back.  Did you have to pay? No.

Then why the hell are you deducting the cost of shipping from my refund???  That's making me pay shipping three times for something I've shipped twice and you've never even paid a dime for shipping (though you did take my fifteen cents when you charged me $191.00 instead of $190.85), and you didn't spend it on shipping because the label that came on the box said $5.85.

Weirdest damn business ethics and practices i've ever witnessed, and not just here, either.

Special thanks to WES for letting me borrow his CAPS LOCK.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#11]
UXB...your buddy Scottryan changed the topic to barrels when he started attacking my credibility. Both of the Bushmaster factory attached stocks are bare aluminum at the end of the buffer tube, the Colt buffer tube on the Colt 2 position fiberite stock that matches the other Colt stocks I sent out has bar aluminum at the rear inside of the tube. The Colt 6520 rifle has a buffer tube factory attached that has bare aluminum at the rear of the tube.  I also have a Colt SP1 with factory-attached stock that has bare aluminum at the end of the receiver tube.

The rails are exactly like all the other Colt buffer tubes .49-.50,  Do you not understand the chart?  I measured the two stocks I have from the order I sent out to everyone. I measured a fairly broad selection of Colt stocks and even compared them to other vendors stocks…………all of the Colt stocks and the stocks I sent out were .49-50 when measured along the entire length of the lower rail.

Guess all the Colt rifles and products I’ve bought over the years are just cheap Chinese copies…..or at least according to you guys.

You posted: “Then why the hell are you deducting the cost of shipping from my refund??? That's making me pay shipping three times…”What the hell are you talking about….when did you ever ship it three times…talk about learning math. You also said, in the same post: “for something I've shipped twice and you've never even paid a dime for shipping (though you did take my fifteen cents when you charged me $191.00 instead of $190.85), and you didn't spend it on shipping because the label that came on the box said $5.85…” When I failed to meet the minimum purchase, I had to pay shipping, you didn’t seem to have an issue with this prior to the shipment going out. I used a rough estimate to give you shipping, I was off by .15 cents…..sorry I should have thrown 15 pennies in.

Why am I not refunding shipping? You guys ordered stocks that all indications show me are Colt stocks. Why should I have to eat shipping when the issues you guys are bringing up are baseless? Not to mention the fact that you guys have continually harassed me via email and the board and have told me how your going to “get me” if I don’t pay up. I’ve repeatedly told you via email and on the board that you will be refunded but you guys can’t seem to let it go and are on some kind of crusade to “destroy my credibility”
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
UXB...your buddy Scottryan changed the topic to barrels when he started attacking my credibility. Both of the Bushmaster factory attached stocks are bare aluminum at the end of the buffer tube, the Colt buffer tube on the Colt 2 position fiberite stock that matches the other Colt stocks I sent out has bar aluminum at the rear inside of the tube. The Colt 6520 rifle has a buffer tube factory attached that has bare aluminum at the rear of the tube.  I also have a Colt SP1 with factory-attached stock that has bare aluminum at the end of the receiver tube.

No, you brought it up when you talked about how I contacted you for info.

The rails are exactly like all the other Colt buffer tubes .49-.50,  Do you not understand the chart?  I measured the two stocks I have from the order I sent out to everyone. I measured a fairly broad selection of Colt stocks and even compared them to other vendors stocks…………all of the Colt stocks and the stocks I sent out were .49-50 when measured along the entire length of the lower rail.

Once again, you failed to read my last post.  I said the radius between the rail and the tube was off.  Not the dimention of the rail.

Guess all the Colt rifles and products I’ve bought over the years are just cheap Chinese copies…..or at least according to you guys.

All the Colt rifles you own are probably Colt, but these stocks you sold us sure seem like cheap Chinese copies.

Why am I not refunding shipping? You guys ordered stocks that all indications show me are Colt stocks. Why should I have to eat shipping when the issues you guys are bringing up are baseless?

I don't known how you get through a day in your life.

Not to mention the fact that you guys have continually harassed me via email and the board and have told me how your going to “get me” if I don’t pay up. I’ve repeatedly told you via email and on the board that you will be refunded but you guys can’t seem to let it go and are on some kind of crusade to “destroy my credibility”

I never said I was going to "get you".  We are trying to destroy your creditbility because you are not credible.  

Why don't you just give up and cool down.  Wait until the stocks return to you, send refund, and this will be all over with.  We are going to continue to post until you stop trying to counter us with BS.

By the way, I have had two creditble sources email me tonight during this pissing match and both argee with me on the barrel issue with their own independent information.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why am I not refunding shipping? You guys ordered stocks that all indications show me are Colt stocks. Why should I have to eat shipping when the issues you guys are bringing up are baseless? Not to mention the fact that you guys have continually harassed me via email and the board and have told me how your going to “get me” if I don’t pay up. I’ve repeatedly told you via email and on the board that you will be refunded but you guys can’t seem to let it go and are on some kind of crusade to “destroy my credibility”

Colt - You originally brought this to the Discussions board so any criticism received here is your own fault.  This thread had fallen to page 3 of this section before you brought it back to life with your evidence and charts!  Just because two items fit inside a basic set of dimensions doesn't mean they are both the same thing.

Quoted:
I just come here to read, learn and hangout with people that like AR15's and M16's not get into pissing matchs., kind of makes me wonder why I stick around....

So why are you continuing to argue about this and keep taking it to new levels?  Ask people to post when they get their refunds to prove you sent them and let everyone who is upset with you cool down a little instead of feuling the fire with more challenges.

*-Edited out the rest because I respect how Colt-653 decided to treat things in the end.-*
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote from Colt-653:

Then why the hell are you deducting the cost of shipping from my refund??? That's making me pay shipping three times…”What the hell are you talking about….when did you ever ship it three times…talk about learning math.

Talk about learning math????  No, try talking about learning reading.

I didn't say I shipped it three times...I said you are charging me shipping three times.  The first time - when I bought the "Colt" stock (Bushmaster may not have anodizing inside the buffer tube, but I was buying "Colt", not Bushmaster, right???) So the point is moot.

The second time - I paid to ship it back yesterday.

The third time - you have stated you are deducting the cost of shipping.

So, if you will calm down and actually read what I wrote instead of being so defensive, you will see that I said I am having to pay shipping three times the way you are conducting this transaction, not that I actually shipped it three times.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ON THE INTERNET REGARDING BUYING STUFF ON EE.

1)  All the positive feedback in the world does you no good when you can't admit there is a problem and then you handle the resolution poorly.

2)  Having never sent any IMs or emails to Colt-653 "threatening him", I have learned that i can be expected to be lumped into the same category which impunes my name even though I'm innocent of the things Colt-653 is collectively including me in.

3)  Don't EVER expect that a seller will give you a customary three-day money back inspection unless stated in the ad, and then be suspicious anyway.

4)  Don't ever sell something you want to keep to fund something else you want.  What you get may not be what you thought or what was advertised.

5)  Because more than one person has a problem with a seller's practice, and you both complain about it, assume the seller will think the two who have been treated badly are immediately "buddies" with some subversive agenda and are complicit in trying to ruin the seller's good standing and credibility, when in fact, the seller is doing it himself without my help or my "friend" scottryan.  "Hi, scottryan.  My names uxb.  Pleased to meet you.  Now that we have been properly introduced, we're now 'buddies' and have the blessing and proclamation of Colt-653"  Except he says "buddy' like it's a bad thing...

6)  $185.00 plus $5.85 equals $191.00

7)  The seller can arbitrarily charge you shipping or other unknown hidden fees after he has your money, and accuse you of saying you have shipped it three times, when what you have actually said is his conduct in the matter is making you "pay" for shipping three times.

8)  You have to fight to get a refund or get a problem fixed

9)  Because someone dispenses accurate knowledge doesn't mean they are an expert or that they can't be wrong.

10)  People can be wrong, and the whole board can see it but themselves.

11)  WES at MSTN types in all caps because it's kind of liberating.

By the way, I sold my "1-N" marked actual Colt buttstock to a member on this board, ChrisM.  When he read this train wreck of a charlie foxtrot he agreed to sell my stock back to me without a profit.  When I receive my refund from Colt-653, I will be conducting business with ChrisM and will do so again with out reservation.

I guess this makes ChrisM my "buddy" , too.  Group Hug!!!!

The universe gives back what you put into it, good or bad, and both have been present in this transaction.

uxb
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Since I, scottryan, and Str8shot have now formed an evil cabal intent on giving Colt-653 a bad name (it's something to do when we're not plotting world domination), and since my "buddy" scottryan has no picture hosting, I am posting a photo of the buttstock Colt-653 sold scottryan as a "Colt".  No pics of mine, it's already been shipped back...

"COLT"    BUTTSTOCK BUFFER TUBE
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I have dealt with ChrisM and he is an upstanding member on this board.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am posting a photo of the buttstock Colt-653 sold scottryan as a "Colt".  No pics of mine, it's already been shipped back...

www.fototime.com/678B919DA10584A/standard.jpg

"COLT"    BUTTSTOCK BUFFER TUBE

HOLY SHIT!!!!  

None of my Colts look like that!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Thats it...whats all the fuss about!  h.gif
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quote from scottryan:

does that make him your "buddy", too?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I Agree
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Guys, this is not a laughing matter, but, this is more interesting than 'As The World Turns'

It makes me wish I had never seen it --I had thought with our common intrest (AR-15's, etc) we had something different going here, but like most everything these days it's just BS and CYOA.  In the end I say 'GIVE THEM THE REFUND PLUS SHIPPING' and hopefully learn a lesson.  "You can fool some of the people, etc, etc, etc."  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#22]
UXB.....maybe if Scottryan removed the LSA , grease or what every it was that was on the tubes before he took  the pics , then maybe the people here on the board would have gotten an accurate pic…..nice how the pic makes it look like the rear of the tube is all messed up….it’s the LSA or grease they place on the stock prior to packaging it.

Here’s some pics, one of the buffer tube removed from the stock and one of just the rear of the stock.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#23]
You could post the picture of scottryan's buffer tube when it is returned, but then again, you've stated that's not your job...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#24]
UXB.....I'll be happy to post the pics of the stocks you guys return. I will post pics of the box as it has been shipped back to me, how the contents of the box were packed, etc…... I will also post pics of scottryan's returned stocks before I clean the grease off and after I clean the grease off.

Enough with the attacks, you three cry babies will get your full refund+ shipping, heaven forbid I get accused of stealing from you guys seeing as how you are the experts on Colt products and I some how tried to deceive you………………………….UXB it’s pretty sad that you get so bent out of shape over .15 cents that you felt I overcharged you for shipping.

This is in no way admitting that I’ve done anything wrong in fact I've gone way out of my way to prove myself, I’m tried of fighting with you guys over stupid petty things and defending my good reputation, you’ve yet to prove me wrong on any subject you’ve argued with me about......I'm still waiting and have a feeling I will for a long time.  

Congratulations UXB, scottryan and Str8shot, maybe everyone should start listening to you guys now since your all the “Colt Experts”......can't wait to here all the great information you have to share with us...

Consider your fight for a full refund over.

Let this be a warning to people on this board that when you try to pass on a good deal and help people out you’ll get screwed in the end…………

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#25]
It took three pages and over two thousand views, but that's mighty big of you.  I think this thread shows everyone your true character, especially your last post.

I accept your offer.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
UXB.....I'll be happy to post the pics of the stocks you guys return. I will post pics of the box as it has been shipped back to me, how the contents of the box were packed, etc…... I will also post pics of scottryan's returned stocks before I clean the grease off and after I clean the grease off.

My whole point was to show the difference in the contour of the tube.  A picture of a real Colt buffer tube will be posted shortly to show the difference.

Enough with the attacks, you three cry babies will get your full refund+ shipping, heaven forbid I get accused of stealing from you guys seeing as how you are the experts on Colt products and I some how tried to deceive you………………………….UXB it’s pretty sad that you get so bent out of shape over .15 cents that you felt I overcharged you for shipping.

Since you are refunding shipping, I might be able to relax a little.

This is in no way admitting that I’ve done anything wrong in fact I've gone way out of my way to prove myself, I’m tried of fighting with you guys over stupid petty things and defending my good reputation, you’ve yet to prove me wrong on any subject you’ve argued with me about......I'm still waiting and have a feeling I will for a long time.  

Where is a picture of a XM177E2 barrel with a .570 diameter and a flare out to .610 before the threads?

Congratulations UXB, scottryan and Str8shot, maybe everyone should start listening to you guys now since your all the “Colt Experts”......can't wait to here all the great information you have to share with us...

Consider your fight for a full refund over.

What basis do you have to call yourself a Colt "Expert"

Let this be a warning to people on this board that when you try to pass on a good deal and help people out you’ll get screwed in the end…………

If these stocks are the real deal and are so sweet, and used 80% SP1 CAR stocks sell for $250, then you should be able to get $500 for them like SAW.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote from Colt-653:

maybe if Scottryan removed the LSA , grease or what every it was that was on the tubes ...

A "Colt expert" would know if it was grease, LSA, or cosmoline...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#28]
photo courtesy scottryan:

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Scottryan

Here's some barrel info for you:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=206967

Why don't you post the info you have regarding the subject and prove me wrong.

When I posted the stocks as a group buy I was trying to pass on a deal......I'll hold on to the stocks and use them for my kits or if some one wants one I will sell it for the same price I sold it to you guys $185+shipping.  

I have no problem with Ken(SAW) selling his stocks for $485…..he has a business to run and knows Colt products….if that is what he feels the market will bare then he is probably correct…..seems that even though you cite him as a reference point all the time that you have something against him……..which is it….does he know his product(which he does) and it’s value or are you just using him as a reference when it fits your needs?  

Like I've said you've yet to prove anything to me. I find it ironic that you claim to know so much yet you used to ask me or other members of the board questions all the time. Funny how you said you used please and thank you in all your emails, yet I can’t seem to  find those words in any of the saved emails I have………funny isn’t it.

You know you’ve harped on the fact that you had to sell your stocks to fund the purchase of these stocks……I never told you to do that…in fact if you told me you were short on funds I would have bought a few extra stocks and held one or two of them for you till you had funds….same offer I made to UXB after he bought the first stock and considered buying another one……..You know what, even after you attacked me on the board I still even offered to help find you a stock and a company to refinish your rifle in Colt gray…….what the hell was I thinking…………why should I bother to help you when all you’ve done is attack me.

Remember a little email conversation you had with me about cutting down your Colt 1/12 16” barrel and me telling you that that wasn’t a good idea as people were paying a premium for older Colt products………….you went ahead an cut it down…you went ahead and sold you stocks…guess you’re not that concerned about collector value or maybe you just don’t really know that much about Colt products or their value.

Like I said I’m tried of fighting…..find someone else that wants to fight and argue it’s not worth my time…….If  some one asks me a question I’ll answer it to the best of my ability….if they don’t like my answer they can go somewhere else and find a better answer that fits their needs or opinions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#30]
The radius as you call it( I’m assuming your talking about were the square of rail section of the buffer tube blends into the tube portion?) is exactly the same on the buffer tubes I sent as on the Colt buffer tube measurements I posted last night.

I used a set of Calipers and even went low tech and traced (with a mechanical pencil) each unit on paper, measured them out and even went lower tech and placed each unit in all of  the traces and they all are exactly the same (1.14-1.15 and the lower rail is .49-.50)…….guess no matter what length I go to it won’t be good enough for you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It took three pages and over two thousand views, but that's mighty big of you.  I think this thread shows everyone your true character, especially your last post.

I accept your offer.

+1

I also accept your offer, Colt-653. I expect a prompt refund of $190.85 from you in the form of a USPS Money Order.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I am going to chime in here because I have puchased parts from Colt-653. I think he is a "stand up dealer".

I am editing my post so I am not trashing on people.

I just want to say: I have had some deals with Colt-653 and he is one of the better people out there on the internet. Colt-653 responds to email questions and he has some real nice stuff for sale! He also helps out with questions we got.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread makes me NEVER want to sell anything on the EE again...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#34]

This thread makes me NEVER want to sell anything on the EE again...

Just be ready, sometimes it turns to be hell!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Scottryan

Here's some barrel info for you:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=206967

Why don't you post the info you have regarding the subject and prove me wrong.

I already have, it is on page 3.  What info have you posted to prove me wrong?  You just keep saying you are a Colt expert.  You just post numbers that you could have made up.  You even posted a picture of a barrel that has no flare by the threads.

Like I've said you've yet to prove anything to me. I find it ironic that you claim to know so much yet you used to ask me or other members of the board questions all the time. Funny how you said you used please and thank you in all your emails, yet I can’t seem to  find those words in any of the saved emails I have………funny isn’t it.

No, I never claimed I knew everything.  I was just trying to confirm the bbl diameter of an XM177E2 barrel.  You appeared like you knew what you were talking about when I first joined this site.

You know you’ve harped on the fact that you had to sell your stocks to fund the purchase of these stocks……I never told you to do that…in fact if you told me you were short on funds I would have bought a few extra stocks and held one or two of them for you till you had funds….same offer I made to UXB after he bought the first stock and considered buying another one……..You know what, even after you attacked me on the board I still even offered to help find you a stock and a company to refinish your rifle in Colt gray…….what the hell was I thinking…………why should I bother to help you when all you’ve done is attack me.

Quit trying to counter me on the XM177E2 barrel diameter and I will quit posting.  You offered to have my stock tube refinished in a non-spec refinish.

Remember a little email conversation you had with me about cutting down your Colt 1/12 16” barrel and me telling you that that wasn’t a good idea as people were paying a premium for older Colt products………….you went ahead an cut it down…you went ahead and sold you stocks…guess you’re not that concerned about collector value or maybe you just don’t really know that much about Colt products or their value.

I was under the impression that you were selling new SP1 carbines stock that were identical to mine.  Why would I want to keep used 80% ones when I thought I was getting new ones?  I can't keep and infinite amount of parts around because someday they might be collectable.  I have a life, sometimes money has to go to more important things.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote from screech:

Nocompany offers returns w/paid shipping charges refunded! Most say "refunds minus shipping".
AND EVEN more say "10% restocking fee".

Yeah, and ChrisM is screwing me, too.  Damn look at all the money he's making on me.

I think Colt-653 is giving you more than you would get from any other dealer!

Is he a dealer?

Well, let's see.  I can't remember Krista at RB Precision ever doing that, or WES at MSTN doing that, or Steve at ADCO doing that, or Denny at GTS doing that...who are these "most" that you are talking about?

I'm not a dealer, but if you look through my prior ads I give EVERYBODY a three-day money back guarantee that includes paying to ship back to me.  It's just good business ethics.

And I guess you wouldn't sound like a fourteen-year old whining whore if you paid $191 for a stock that was misrepresented, and then had to fight just to get a refund?

Guess not, since I didn't see you jumping in line to get one of these "special deals".  But then again, I guess you must be familiar with what fourteen-year old whining whores sound like....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

scottryan and UXB, SORRY but you both sound like whining little 14 year old whores, Neither of you know what you are talking about!

You have any specific evidence to prove me wrong?  I think you need to f*ck off and get lost.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#38]
You know what guys (the three of you that are complaining) I've offered a full refund to you...........now when people step in to post positive feedback on me you jump all over them…….let it go….you’re getting your refund.

You guys won’t believe anything I post and at this point I really don’t care anymore…Seeing as how I’m the only one that has posted multiple pics, information and even went out of my way to produce two diagrams with measurements that proved my point. You guys can’t cite anything that disproves me, just insinuations and personal attacks……….

Scottryan…I’ve never said I was a Colt expert…just said I know a lot about Colt Sp1’s and XM177E2’s…you’ve done nothing to demonstrate that you know what you’re talking about…I can go through several of your threads and rip apart stuff you’ve posted as fact…. but why…you will just counter back that I’m full of crap and everything I post lacks credibility.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Scottryan…I’ve never said I was a Colt expert…just said I know a lot about Colt Sp1’s and XM177E2’s…you’ve done nothing to demonstrate that you know what you’re talking about…I can go through several of your threads and rip apart stuff you’ve posted as fact…. but why…you will just counter back that I’m full of crap and everything I post lacks credibility.

I have posted 4 pictures on page 3, did you see them.  I would like to see you try to rip my argument apart.  

You are the one who has a snobbish attitude and has come up with nothing of substance in reguards to the XM barrel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
You guys can’t cite anything that disproves me,

They don't have to if you misreperesented what it was you were selling.

just insinuations and personal attacks……….

You are guilty of this too, in a thread that you posted in this area and kept alive.  I've had to return things that businesses did not want to take back before.  Never has one of the employees insulted me in the process.

*-Edited out because Screech seems like a pretty respectable guy.-*

*-Edited the rest out because I respect the way Colt-653 treated things in the end.-*
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#41]
trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/netdata-cgi/db2www/cbd_243.d2w/output

You entered 0304 1070 0000 3623 5031
          Your item arrived at 5:18 am on October 20, 2004 in SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm tagging this shit, cause if nothing else, its got some pretty good info.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Str8shot, UXB and Scottryan....your stocks arrived this afternoon...I will send your refund USPS MO out tomorrow and will send you each your tracking #'s. I will post them here as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Colt-653,

I just wanted to thank you for posting the schematics and spreadsheets for the various stocks that you measured.  I am new to the collapsable stock game, and it is nice to have some data compiled in a format that I can use for reference.  I understand that these are not "official specs", just measurements that you made.  I picked up an unmarked metal tube style stock at our last gun show that came with a barrel extension.  The gent told me it was an older Bushmaster, which in of itself did not make a difference to me, I just wanted an all metal one, for use with my 458 Socom.  This will help me understand better what I may have.  By the way, it does not have anodizing on the inside, at the rear

I am sorry that it took a train wreck to get this information, but I have learned a lot about stocks, and have come to realize that there are some folks out there who are very knowledgable on finite details involving things AR.  Who would have thunk that there were various places that specialize in Colt Restoration.  I am an AR newbie, and have learned a bit from this "discussion".

FWIW,

Craig
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you, Colt-653, for your prompt and courteous response.

uxb
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Str8shot, UXB and Scottryan....your stocks arrived this afternoon...I will send your refund USPS MO out tomorrow and will send you each your tracking #'s. I will post them here as well.

Thank you, Colt-653. I appreciate this prompt and professional response on your part.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Here is everyones tracking #'s

Str8shot:
USPS Priority 2303 2160 0000 1399 2623
USPS MO 07289100XXX      for $191.00

UXB
USPS Priority 2303 2160 0000 1404 2310
USPS MO 07289100XXX      for 191.00

Scottryan
USPS Priority 2303 2160 0000 1404 8275
USPS MO 07289100XXX       for $570.00
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Thank you, sir.

Message received and understood.

uxb out
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#49]
thanks for the update
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm glad your taking care of them Colt-653.....

Edit: removed the rest cuz, I'm a nice guy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top