User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
well, the enter page and read this soldiers bio was off center, and "New Page 1" isn't exactly the best title........ other than that, looks fine to me!
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Worked for me. But it was hard to find the BUIS since it wasnt under a "sights" or "back up sights" catagory.
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
good to go
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to Go!
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 3:42:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, it looks great!

Link Posted: 10/2/2006 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]
yes
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I just checked and got a 404 error from someplace called Homestead

Error 404: Page Not Found

Sorry, the page you requested does not exist

or has been moved.  Please check to make sure

that the URL you entered is correct.

Go back Home

Want to build your own website?

Homestead is your complete website building and hosting service.

Click to learn more about Homestead!

Home

About Us

Contact Us

Additional Page 4

Additional Page 5

Web site designed & hosted by Jeff White © 2006 at Homestead™
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Ops check good.

-MEI
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I had no problems with speed or navigation. IMO the sight lacks enough info, I like info, lots of info. I would add more pictures to the Item page, detail spec info and lots more general info.

Link Posted: 10/2/2006 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#12]
nope.

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the  Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer  
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Works good for me, except I can't find the button that says "Send me a Dillo for free"

Link Posted: 10/2/2006 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Mark,

Are you seeking an honest critique? I know you asked about functionality (which I do not address here) but this is my first impression after surfing through your site.

The site is lacking in graphic cohesiveness. Your products are all thought to be premium choices in their category. Your print ads exhibit top notch polish and finish in their presentation.
This site is not communicating the same sense of prescence in your market.

here are a few comments to begin with:

1) The top left "Larue Tactical" typeface/logo does not match the logo on the top right of the banner. Your "official logo uses a Narrow variant of the font used on the left.. not good.

2) The fonts in the body are not well coordinated. The top 4 choices use a serif font while the body text uses a sans-serif. The font colors are not coordinated with a color scheme. You are using Blue for links on a page that other wise seems to be working with a earthtone color scheme. I think you should tweak your CSS with a definite color scheme. BTW I do like the #632217 sidebar color with the Black so I would suggest developing a shade chart with those colors as a foundation.

3) The grainy images don't bother me... but the rest of the site doesn't reference or incorporate the grain as a stylistic theme so it doesn't reinforce the overall presentation as being focused and coherant. The grainy letering in your top banner is especially unsightly.

4) The site is primarily a shopping cart... I guess you know this. It seems like it could be even more benificial to you and viewers if it functioned as a complete catalog with the shopping cart integrated into it rather than laying catalog entries or SKUs into a cart template(???). Info such as parts descriptions and fit info could be presented to appear as equally importatnt as the "add to cart" button.

5) I would recomend constraining the body table(s) to remain under the top banner and not stretch etc. It's a personal opinion but I feel strtongly you should attempt to maintain consistent presentation etc. regardless of browser window size.

I hope this isn't taken as too critical but I think you got the cart (pardon the pun) before the horse here. I do some freelance web work as the "graphics" part of webdev teams and this is just my perspective. I think you should nail your "look" before you get into the long term in-depth work of authouring the shopping system.

best regards,
Mike McCue
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes (Firefox & IE)
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Was this mentioned- on the very first page, the "Click Here" of the "To enter LaRue Tactical Click Here" is not clickable but the non-underlined text is clickable.  

On the page for "7.0" LaRue Tactical Handguard LT15-7" I was hoping to click on the picture of the rail and get it enlarged- not Mfingar's picture of the front of one mounted on a rifle. It's just a close-up of the front with an A2 and a flip up sight.  

It would be nice to have the little picture enlarge AND have other pictures depicting it on rifles in various configurations.  Actually, looking at it now, it can't be a 7.0 because the GB is under the rail- not out front.  

Now when you click on the double stack light mount, LT-607, you get a picture of it in use which is very good but it would be nice to see it enlarged and have pictures of it in use separate.

Now the "LaRue Tactical 11" Handguard (with or without Gooseneck) LT15-11" works the way I'm thinking it should.  In this particular case it would be nice to see one of Mfingar's pics of the Noveske KX3 mounted under there with all of his accessories on top to fill the real estate.

Link Posted: 10/2/2006 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#18]
The only problem I see with the website is I can't find the barrel nut wrench on it. If you are still making them, you should really put them on the site for purchase.

I guarantee I would buy one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Site works in Firefox, Internet Exploder, Opera, and Safari, haha.
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Mark hit all the points I was going to make - to put in "gun-speak", the website's overall design is "Vulcan/hesse arms / tapco" quality while the products you sell are "LaRue" quality.  You and your products deserve a better designed website.

I was in the marketing / advertising business for years (now in a different field) and while the website works, it's undercutting the amazing products you make. IMHO

Oh, and it works in MAC Safari for me.
Mike

Quoted:
Mark,

Are you seeking an honest critique? I know you asked about functionality (which I do not address here) but this is my first impression after surfing through your site.

The site is lacking in graphic cohesiveness. Your products are all thought to be premium choices in their category. Your print ads exhibit top notch polish and finish in their presentation.

1) The top left "Larue Tactical" typeface/logo does not match the logo on the top right of the banner. Your "official logo uses a Narrow variant of the font used on the left.. not good.

2) The fonts in the body are not well coordinated. The top 4 choices use a serif font while the body text uses a sans-serif. The font colors are not coordinated with a color scheme. You are using Blue for links on a page that other wise seems to be working with a earthtone color scheme. I think you should tweak your CSS with a definite color scheme. BTW I do like the #632217 sidebar color with the Black so I would suggest developing a shade chart with those colors as a foundation.

3) The grainy images don't bother me... but the rest of the site doesn't reference or incorporate the grain as a stylistic theme so it doesn't reinforce the overall presentation as being focused and coherant. The grainy letering in your top banner is especially unsightly.

4) The site is primarily a shopping cart... I guess you know this. It seems like it could be even more benificial to you and viewers if it functioned as a complete catalog with the shopping cart integrated into it rather than laying catalog entries or SKUs into a cart template(???). Info such as parts descriptions and fit info could be presented to appear as equally importatnt as the "add to cart" button.

5) I would recomend constraining the body table(s) to remain under the top banner and not stretch etc. It's a personal opinion but I feel strtongly you should attempt to maintain consistent presentation etc. regardless of browser window size.

I hope this isn't taken as too critical but I think you got the cart (pardon the pun) before the horse here. I do some freelance web work as the "graphics" part of webdev teams and this is just my perspective. I think you should nail your "look" before you get into the long term in-depth work of authouring the shopping system.

best regards,
Mike McCue
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Mark,

best regards,
Mike McCue

I would like to add that I think the overall layout would benefit from images and item descriptions being justified to the left or right, rather than alternating from one item to the next.

I think the images would benefit from being higher resolution, and all images of all products should be consistant in scale. I also think they would look better with a neutral backgroung rather than cropped from the image and shown against the white background of the page...

I also hope I am not being too critical, I would just like to see the website represent the true quality of the product and the company behind it...

Dave
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I was thinking about some more graphic input...

http://www.freehand.nl/larue/img/02.jpg

with background:

www.freehand.nl/larue/index.html
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh and Mark,

I also put it on your topic on the forum...

Link Posted: 10/2/2006 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Mark,

I don't see the MK11 mount (LT 111) on the new site. Don't tell me your not making them anymore...

Also didn't notice a 34mm ring half option for the Docter mount (LT 137) and I believe that is available.

I'll keep checking.

BTW the new site looks great.

JWL
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/3/2006 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/3/2006 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Mark,

Site looks good!

Now only if I had $$ to purchase some of your products.........
Link Posted: 10/3/2006 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/3/2006 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I checked it out last night and all the prices had gone up. Today they are back down. You had me scared, I'm scrounging up some money to place a thousand dollar order in a couple weeks, are they going back up or staying the same for the short term?

yakrat101

I need to know if I should order while it's lower.
Link Posted: 10/3/2006 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/3/2006 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Good to know, I was worried I'd have to forsake something and I just couldn't figure out what it would have been. You've saved me some heartache.

yakrat101
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#36]
i used the websight yesterday and its informative, then i called and asked a question to the very nice lady and she put me on with Mr Larue who was very helpful and explained  his product was warrantied forever! it was like asking a question about socom and having the late Charlie Beckwith answer the question.!  thankyou for taking the time to answer my questions i will be doing more bussiness with you in the future.
and he took the time to help me with a product i bought at a gunshow and not directly from him. now thats standing behind your product.  thanks again. ken adkins
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top