AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
as i posted in another thread.

The true hunter uses a knife.
It is out of respect for the games spirit and you WILL know if you killed it or not.
View Quote

You must be joking...... [brick]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Virtually no animal or man will drop on the spot without a head shot.  
View Quote

Hmm.....

I've seen a rabbit run five feet after being totaly decapitated. I've also seen numerous animals die before they hit the ground when shot straight through the heart.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
OR sever the spinal cord.  IE: neck shot
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
i read through all these posts and some of the old locked ones and i have only one rant.....for all the guys that hunt with bows, you already know.....for all the guys that don't.......

bows can deliver severe trauma to any animal if done correctly.  modern bows can hit with such tremendous force that's it common to see pass through shots on black bears and even browns once in a while.  you take a 86lb bow and stick a carbon arrow on there with a 150 grain steel tipped broadhead with a 2" cutting radius....then send it into a bear at 20 yards going 270 fps....watch what happens to the bear if you stick it correctly.  

not many people hunt with bows.....it's hard, it takes patience and skill.  and when you finally get the animal within range you still have a lot to get done without screwing it up :)

but if you've ever seen an entrance and exit wound from a good broadhead.....it's devestating what they can do!!!    

anyday i'd rather take a shot with a good bow and arrow than a .223 on a griz like that!!!!

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:11:08 AM EDT
[#5]
uhh.. wasn't this thread locked once already? [sniper2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The most powerful crossbows made sporting 150 to 180lb pull only throw that arrow aprox. 220 fps.... wanna re-think shooting at anything with that?

The maximum hunting range is still 40 yards or less.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]
mthunter- I agree with you, provided I had enough ammo and something to krrp me from getting killed I could probabally drop a Rhino with my AR, would I do it? Hell no...most I'd hunt with it is Coyote or in a desperate situation Deer, but other than that, 5.56 was made for humans, an especially easy species to kill. Someone needs to show this kid what hes doing, with a scared straight approach.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top