Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:06:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jakecarolan:
Agreed, folks have to stop yelling at PSA for giving the first buyers of their new upper a good deal.
It's capitalism, man, and it's still a really good deal at the new price point!
3 Cheers for PSA, I'm glad to have a new option in the upper game!

Agreed and pretty solid post #3!  

Anyhow, I saw the PSA upper, thought about it then got busy/neglected to act and missed out on the initial offering.... My fault, not their's.  Regardless, PSA has been good for me on multiple orders and that's still a pretty good deal with that BCG in a nice 1-7 barrelled upper.

FWIW, I've been lucky enough to get in on many unannounced sales, group buys or early-notice deals, but also sometimes just plain miss out on bargains like the "IPO" for this one... Part of what I love about this place!  

Truth:  If you ever see a good/great/exceptional offering around here, you'd better jump or forget about it!  (Fast moving train and all... )
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 8:45:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

Originally Posted By majorhavoc:

And since when is $450 for a complete upper with these kind of specs anything other that a good solid deal?  

Untested product of unknown quality.  It might be a great deal. Time will tell. Some of us are just unwilling to be early adopters/beta testers for a mere $49 savings compared to a comparable spikes upper. In fact the saving are less because the Spikes is $499 delivered and comes with handguards and a buffer.

Doesn't this come with handguards as well?

Nick

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:05:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 12:28:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
Comes with handguards and BCG.  Barrel is lead lapped, so no break-in is required.

What does that mean?  Any idea on when the next shipment is coming in, or when the mid-lengths are coming in?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:04:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 9:34:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By oxthegrunt:
Comes with handguards and BCG.  Barrel is lead lapped, so no break-in is required.

What does that mean?

Lead lapping the barrel is a process where lead is used to polish the bore and remove machining marks.  In addition, it removes any tight spots in the barrel and makes it dimensionally uniform end to end.

Any idea on when the next shipment is coming in, or when the mid-lengths are coming in?

We have a small run of Mid-length 416 stainless barrels with 223 wylde chambers and 1/8 twist that should be ready Monday.  Chrome lined 1/7 midlengths should be ready about the third week of May.

Oh please tell me these are 14.5"! Price?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:54:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:59:35 PM EDT
All midlengths are 16"

14.5 M4 profile carbines w/pinned flash hiders in 2 weeks.

Any plans for 14.5" lightweight mid lengths?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:22:54 PM EDT
1/7 midlengths price?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:34:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By oxthegrunt:

What does that mean?

Lead lapping the barrel is a process where lead is used to polish the bore and remove machining marks.  In addition, it removes any tight spots in the barrel and makes it dimensionally uniform end to end.

Any idea on when the next shipment is coming in, or when the mid-lengths are coming in?

We have a small run of Mid-length 416 stainless barrels with 223 wylde chambers and 1/8 twist that should be ready Monday.  Chrome lined 1/7 midlengths should be ready about the third week of May.

Are you going to note in this thread when these are available?

Nick

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:49:48 AM EDT
Darn! out of stock!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:32:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/10/2011 2:54:21 AM EDT by PalmettoStateArmory]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top