Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
And a very fitting board-name....

Too close to Feinstein for me, I'd change it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hate the mouse gun bullsh*t. I can outshoot any of these .30 caliber guys. I like my m1s, but the Black Rifle will shoot rings(literally) around them. Join the 20th century already!

I'm pretty sure that it's the 21st century now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
You forgot as a poll choice " that they are not free."
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You forgot as a poll choice " that they are not free."

Need more poll options
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
1.) Is that legal?
2.) You can own one of those?
3.) "Assault Rifle" it is a rifle; only "assault rifle" is the Stg 44
4.) 5.56 vs 7.62 vs .30-06.  These rifles were all designed for different times and different criteria, and all have proven themselves.
5.) Airsoft stuff coming up when I am looking for "real" parts.[
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]

AR-15's are certainly accurite guns, but my old stuff will outshoot one any day, particularly at range, you ever see what a K-31, good Mauser, or Enfield can do?....

Not only have I seen what the old 30 caliber rifles can do, I have done it.

And for sheer accuracy, I'll take the rack grade AR15A2 any day.

If forced to pick a 30 cal, I'd take a C-stocked M1903A3 above all else, though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate the mouse gun bullsh*t. I can outshoot any of these .30 caliber guys. I like my m1s, but the Black Rifle will shoot rings(literally) around them. Join the 20th century already!

What planet did this retard come from ?    My M14 (M1A) shoots as good if not better than any of my AR's.

It takes about 2X more $ to get the ultimate accuracy out of an M14 as it does an M16 (AR15).  check out the price of custom built NM M14s, and compare to full on NM ARs.

Not even close.

And don't forget all your bedding maintenance, unless you double lug it (mo money)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Dove hunters irratate me too, always leaving gates open, putting rutts in our fields and tresspassing with out permission. I even have No Tresspassing signs every 30 ft along my fence line!

Can I dove hunt your land if I chase them fuckers out with my assault machine gun bullet hose?

I'll need a horse, BTW.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Gas Piston Uppers & the unfounded mythical superiority everyone places on something just because it's different...

Dave is the man!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Airsoft
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#11]
M4 feedramps and everything associated with them.

Airsoft is still number one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#12]
a stock which is geared towards sights 2" higher than the barrel axis.  do i blame this on the carry handle?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#15]
How is old Jonesy?

That had to have been one of the funniest posts in the history of ARFCOM!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Mine is doing a google search for M16/AR15 data and finding nothing but Airsoft, Tokyo Marui and the like.  Even on an advanced search with "all the above terms excluded, they still come up somehow

Edited to add: Yes I know some early Colt AR15 models were selective fire (some even stamped both AR15 and M16), I am referring to later civilian semi-auto models.

Even the Armalite AR15 was selective fire.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
or an Enfield, eighther Number 1 Mark 3, or Number 4 Mark 1 not sure, it depends on my budget at the time, and what mood I'm in....
it seems the Terrorists in Afganistan are hold up in the mountains shooting "old" Lee Enfields....  

I love my SMLE... built in 1917.  But its heavy to lug around.  I can't imagine humping that (and its 23" bayonet) thru the caves in Tora Bora.  Ammo for it is either corrosive old crap or quite expensive.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine is doing a google search for M16/AR15 data and finding nothing but Airsoft, Tokyo Marui and the like.  Even on an advanced search with "all the above terms excluded, they still come up somehow

Edited to add: Yes I know some early Colt AR15 models were selective fire (some even stamped both AR15 and M16), I am referring to later civilian semi-auto models.

Even the Armalite AR15 was selective fire.

yep, because that was even before Colt bought the rights and it was originally designed as a true assault rifle. I could have worded that last choice better, but you can't edit the poll choices after posting the poll
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#19]
#1.  Don't forget all the kids who play Counter-Strike or Rogue Spear video games.  As if a mouse and keyboard makes you a SEAL team SWAT sniper A-Team Commando Ranger.

My biggest peeve is the attitude of most gun-owners towards anything they don't like.  My stuff isn't old enough, wooden enough, new enough, short enough, or trick enough for anyone else.  And I don't care.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Dumb Fucks who buy OLY's Shit Creations and then bog the site down with trouble shooting questions.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
The M16 and the AK47 shoot the same round.  The bullets from the M16 tumble to the target.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#23]
The buffer twang sound from my A1 Buffer tube
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dumb Fucks who buy OLY's Shit Creations and then bog the site down with trouble shooting questions.

Mine is Oly shit......and its never missed a beat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine is, when someone see's one of mine for the first time.... they say "you can own one of THOSE!!!???!!!"

hr

Most definitely.  I have to get that question AT LEAST ONCE every time teeny boppers and fratboys are out at the range...

I love it when I get those sort of questions/looks and I just smile and walk away...makes me feel bad...very, very badthe complete lack of concealed carry in summer attire is bothersome, though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#27]
my pet peeve is the 20" guns w/ bipods and telestocks OR CQB guns outfitted with 4x ACOG scopes.

My OTHER pet peeve is giving shit to people w/ fingers on the trigger in pictures and people calling "foul."   Piss on that.   I intentionally do that now.   Call my bluff on that and then hike or do a drill with me, I won't put a sympathetic shot into the ceiling when a grenade goes off.   I also won't walk around with an open dust cover.

-luke
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Airsofters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:48:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:13:13 AM EDT
[#30]
The fact that I only own two...

- Trying to remove handguards (real men don't use that tool... or at least real men with empty wallets).
- [more of a military peeve] Why they make front sight adjustment tools but don't issue them and instead make troops use a freaking nail.
- Why they haven't come up with tool made especially for cleaning that area where the bolt locks into (the breach?)... the lart that has the feed ramps on it.
- [another military peeve] The fact that it has taken so long for the Army to realize that carbines are better for most troops since they'll never engage a target beyond 300m and they are considerably easier to hump around with.

When I'm dumbing it down for someone I'll refer to it as an M16 just for visual reference if I don't have it in hand. That or I'll call it an AR...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Colt snobs
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#33]
My pet peeve is having people who own Colt's and think they are better than Bushmaster/RRA/LMT etc. just because the pretty dancing little poney.  They paid more so they must be better right?  I also hate it when Colt fucks with our second amendment God given right and they make excuses about how Colt is...blah blah blah.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I hate the airsoft crap on the internet.  I could care less about what other people think of my "assault rifles," and I'll educate them as neccessary, but I'm more concerned about not finding what I want because some 14yr old has a boner for black rifles that shoot plastic BBs.  

Oh, and I also could care less if Colt owns the rights to call their's AR15s.  I own a Colt, and it's a damned fine AR.  Other companies make damned fine ARs.  Armalite, Bushy, RRA, etc...They're all trying to make a buck.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Anything having to do with the "next ban" just pushes me over the edge...........................................................................
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Definately Napalm and Jonesy, closely followed by the assault rifle bullshit.

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
- Why they haven't come up with tool made especially for cleaning that area where the bolt locks into (the breach?)... the lart that has the feed ramps on it.

You mean a chamber brush? And it's breech, not breach.

Sure... if a chamber brush actually worked good and you don't mind grinding that thing around in there for a few hours. I have always thought that the AR-15/M-16 was actually a tool for destroying chamber brush... not the chamber brush a tool for cleaning the rifle. Every time I've used it in the past it's pretty well mangled by the end of my cleaning.

So far the best thing I have seen clean it out is carburetor cleaner and wicked hot water or Dremel.

Breech, breach, bree-atch... whatever... you knew what I meant.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
my pet peeve is CQB guns outfitted with 4x ACOG scopes.

-luke

Um... BAC in ACOG's are specifically made for CQB.  Perhaps you might educate yourself on that before typing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#39]
"Why would you want to own one of those? "
-From my Non-Gun buddies
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Colt and Bushy snobs.  I own each and some others and there's not much difference.  It's like having either an Escalade or a Suburban.  They're basically the same machine, just one carries more shizzle on it.  They get the same mileage. Drive about the same, but one has parts and service that cost more.  Even if they have the same part # the "premium" brand costs more.  Enjoy your ride but don't slam the guy who spent less as having less---savage1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Colt and Bushy snobs.  I own each and some others and there's not much difference.  It's like having either an Escalade or a Suburban.  They're basically the same machine, just one carries more shizzle on it.  They get the same mileage. Drive about the same, but one has parts and service that cost more.

Considering that the big difference is the skin, if you are paying more for parts and service, you're getting screwed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

- Trying to remove handguards (real men don't use that tool... or at least real men with empty wallets).
- [more of a military peeve] Why they make front sight adjustment tools but don't issue them and instead make troops use a freaking nail.

+1 on the HGs. Tool, I don't need no tool. Course it would'a been nice tonight. Turns out triangular HGs are a b-tch.
And, you know, I've got the front sight tool, and I still use a nail.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on the HGs. Tool, I don't need no tool. Course it would'a been nice tonight. Turns out triangular HGs are a b-tch.
And, you know, I've got the front sight tool, and I still use a nail.

Honestly, I think a nail or a 5.56mm cartridge both work better than that sight tool.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Colt snob-haters. So what if I look down on you? Deal with it!

Of course, what REALLY pisses me off are those KAC snobs...fuckin hate em.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm peeved every time a person seems to fear me or any other owner of a gun, let alone an AR15.  For that matter, I'm peeved when fellow gun-owners ask "why do you need...?".

I purchased a rifle similar to the rifle I served with in the Marine Corps.  Being honorably discharged does not erase my training or my honor.  Serving in the military is not a requirment to become a good citizen and responsible owner of firearms.
 We, the people, should be trusted.
 It's frustrating and wearisome to protect the existence of people who want to brainwash citizens like me out of existence.

Anyway...

Using iron sights, I can't get my best Lee-Enfield rifle to shoot better than 2 m.o.a. groups.
 Using optics, my Bushmaster is capable of shooting 1-1.5 m.o.a. groups.
 Using optical sights aids my performance.  As the shooter, I'm part of the equation.
 I have to weigh the minimum damage required to incapacitate a target and which rifle I'm more likely to hit the target with.  Optics help me discern obscure targets.
 Both rifle systems are a pleasure to shoot.  The AR15 requires more effort to clean.
 I think  .303 British is a sweet cartridge.  After I've satisfactorily mounted optics on a Rifle No.4 Mk2, I hope to wring tighter groups from it.  My No.1 Mk-III rifles shoot 3 m.o.a. with iron sights and I'm happy about it.
 I like owning the bayonets for the rifles.

The .308Winchester/7.62NATO is the next cartridge on my wish list.

Good luck and enjoy your firearm(s).
~Craig
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#46]
OTHER:
people calling it a piece of shit is my biggest petpeeve
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Any uneducated brand-bashing or blind brand loyalty. I honestly think that no single major brand of AR's makes "the perfect gun". Why do all of the custom manufacturers use different parts from different companies for different components? Oly lowers are great. They have an excellen proprietary finish available (MaxHard), have a lifetime warranty, and are reasonably priced. What more do you want? You rarely see on this board someone truly unhappy with a purchase from one of the major companies yet you hear brand bashing all the time. Why is that? Sure, sometimes people run into problems, but a lot of them a) have to do with the person themselves doing something wrong or b) it can be covered under warranty. We all have our brand loyalties and our preferences, but I believe that with the exception brands such as Hesse/Vulcan, every brand has something unique or does at least one thing better than any other brand. For example, Oly has their MaxHard and their SUM barrels, BM has their 4150 steel barrels, RRA has great uppers in general and a good two stage trigger, etc.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Stop spray painting your rifles!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#50]
the first three
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top