User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything that pisses off PETA, is ok with me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Squeallll piggy!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The LeMas video and "testing methods" are messed up IMHO for the following reasons:

1) Pigs ain't people (see *)
2) The tests aren't scientifically repeatable
3) Wounding pigs in a cruel, unscientific manner to promote your crappy product
4) The attacks on PETA (or the .gov agency that fined LeMas for these tests) are dumb, ad-hominem attacks.  If PETA says the sky is blue, the sky is still blue despite the grumblings of some here.

*In general, animal tests are poor indicators of results in human beings.  Whether it's thalidimyde, fen fen or whatever other drug passeed all the animall tests and have wreaked havoc upon the general public - only to be recalled by the FDA a few years and a few human lives too late - or if it's trauma research, the physiology of pigs /dogs / cats / monkeys are markedly different from human beings.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The LeMas video and "testing methods" are messed up IMHO for the following reasons:

4) The attacks on PETA (or the .gov agency that fined LeMas for these tests) are dumb, ad-hominem attacks.  If PETA says the sky is blue, the sky is still blue despite the grumblings of some here.

*In general, animal tests are poor indicators of results in human beings.  Whether it's thalidimyde, fen fen or whatever other drug passeed all the animall tests and have wreaked havoc upon the general public - only to be recalled by the FDA a few years and a few human lives too late - or if it's trauma research, the physiology of pigs /dogs / cats / monkeys are markedly different from human beings.

Mike

Hey!  Someone with a little sense!  A breath of fresh air in this ridiculous thread.  

By the way, expect great resistance to your point #3 and 4.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#5]
PETA opposed to shooting a pig?

Say it ain't so!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#6]
It's hard to tell which side here is more full of shit, because both PETA and LeMas keep spouting nonsensical stuff.

Bulmer being paranoid and claiming the tape was leaked to stop his sooper-sekrit boolit, and PETA failing to see the difference between shooting at pigs and shooting at armor, despite the flawed premise of hog shooting in the first place ...         talk about a nice charlie foxtrot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Secodary bacon disruption from a primary weapon.  

Blended Metal Technology(I cant type that with a straight face....ok, better now) will not only kill the pig, but cook it to apprpriate tempetures to ensure healthy eatings.  What can you expect when you shoot humans with this, well, lets just say, dont forget the fava beans and the nice chianti!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Not worth it never mind
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd write PETA a big, fat check if they could find a way to lock up that lunatic

sounds GOOD to me
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#10]
PETA SUCKS
I love animals too they taste really good and the ones that dont look good on my wall.

Oh did I mention that PETA SUCKS

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:28:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mike

Thankyou.  Someone posted with some sense here on this thread.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Great job resurrecting this train wreck, guys.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Great job resurrecting this train wreck, guys.

I think LeMas is french for trainwreck...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I dont care for Stans Scientific Theroy or selling methods... But to support PETA? WTF are you guys thinking. Sure, send them a big check so they can support anti gun/hunting legislation. You guys are soft, poor pigs. Nevermind someone is actually trying to make advances in small arms ammo technology. Fuck PETA. -Justin
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#15]

seriously, what more can be said at this point that wasn't beaten down during Bulmer's latest resurrection effort?

Just let it go
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top