AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I really hope you right, SMART ASS...
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So if this aw "B.S." law sunsets will us dealers still have to run back ground checks.I don't mind doing it,but it is a pain in the ass if you get a delay. It's embarrassing telling a good patron that he is being delayed.
Even though you sold him guns before with no problem. Someone that I don't know wants a gun,I don't mind you never know. One other thing,if it does disappear,I won't have check the serial numbers on the receivers to see if it is a postban rifle with preban parts on it.I have seen a few like that.With the prices at what they are now for preban receivers I have seen a few dealers selling early postban for preban prices.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
IMHO I think they will look at the law and make some changes. I believe they will stop the importation of all high caps causing the price to go so high that only the rich can afford them just like NFA guns.
They will make it so all new guns will only allow 10 rnd mags making the post ban gun go higher in price.
It seems to me the government is trying to do like the 1934 NFA act and make everything too exspensive for us common people. I intend to buy now as I think it will be a good investment on anything you can hold onto without state confiscation.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I honestly don't think a replacement law will pass in this political climate as well.  No offence to all you pre-ban hoarders, but if it does not get replaced, your rifles will drop in value in a day.  I for one will be selling my pre-ban bushy as soon as my RLL shows up.  Got a post-ban bushy to drop it in already and with the RLL in it, I can do anything I want to it.  Not planning on doing anything to my other two post-ban AR's.  Got a Oly DCM with a spare DPMS 24" flat-top (for 300 yard shooting) and an Oly 9mm carbine to "protect the fort".  I already have enough 30 rounders to arm northern Indiana, so I don't think I will buy any more.  However, I will pick up a beta or two when the price gets reasonable again.  Maybe a LMG upper to shoot them with out of the RLL gun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top