Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 5:50:05 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sig2009:
Just installed it today. Have not been to the range. I did dry fire it about 150 times today though and no better. Depending on what Geissele says I may just get rid of it anyway and reinstali the original Stag Varmint match trigger which is much better.
View Quote

Try shooting the weapon with real ammo.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:33:54 AM EDT
Well according to Geissele there is some creep between 1st and 2nd stage but they call it "forgiveness".

This is the reply I got from them yesterday.
"The SSA-E will have a very small amount of forgiveness right after you hit the wall at the second stage. After that it will break clean like a candy cane. Have you cleaned the sears of the hammer and trigger and applied grease to them yet?

So I was right about this all along but they do not tell you this in their description of the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:36:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2014 6:46:02 AM EDT by sig2009]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:45:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2014 6:56:58 AM EDT by sig2009]
Originally Posted By sagmill:

The trigger should have no creep on the 2nd stage. Just contact the shop and we will take care of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I just installed one of these SSA-E triggers new and I must say that the Rock River Match trigger I have on one of my other AR'S has a much smoother pull and break. Unless this thing breaks in substantially after I take it to the range probably going to replace it. The SSA-E first stage takes up but then I get a little creep before the second stage breaks. Is this nornal with this trigger?

The trigger should have no creep on the 2nd stage. Just contact the shop and we will take care of it.

I did contact the shop and was told this:
"The SSA-E will have a very small amount of forgiveness right after you hit the wall at the second stage. After that it will break clean like a candy cane. Have you cleaned the sears of the hammer and trigger and applied grease to them yet?"

I even dry fired the trigger for about 150 times and no difference. It is no better!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 7:10:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:34:34 AM EDT
I have an SSA in my hipower match lower and an ALG QMS in my middy range toy.

Both feel the same as when new, no change after 500ish rounds.

Clean break with the SSA and smooth takeup with clean break in the ALG.

As mentioned the shop will swap it out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 9:44:52 AM EDT
Mine had a bit of a Mushy feel to the break,  I have about 100 live rounds over it and 500 dry pulls and it feels now what I expected it to.  I am trading it to a friend with some cash for a Hi Speed National Match.  After spending some time on my neighbors,  there are only two triggers for me.  S3G (need to try the D) in my carbines and hi speeds in my precision rigs.  The others are all really good triggers but I have specific desires that are best matches by those two.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 9:58:15 AM EDT
I have used 3 different ssa-e triggers after two friends bought them from my recommendations, theirs were just like mine. No creep. I think some of you have sausage fingers and are perceiving that as creep.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:58:41 PM EDT
I too have the same problem with an SSA-E I just got. Visible movement after the 1st stage and before the break.  I have one on another from about 4 years ago that is way better than the new one. They are both on Rock River lowers. Can Geissele do any thing about this or would someone who does real trigger work be able to shorten up the engagement areas to make it break clean. I don't need an adj. trigger like the DMR, just the function of a proper 2 stage trigger. Like one other post said, it doesn't say anything about "forgiveness" in the add.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 3:52:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By REV1:
I too have the same problem with an SSA-E I just got. Visible movement after the 1st stage and before the break.  I have one on another from about 4 years ago that is way better than the new one. They are both on Rock River lowers. Can Geissele do any thing about this or would someone who does real trigger work be able to shorten up the engagement areas to make it break clean. I don't need an adj. trigger like the DMR, just the function of a proper 2 stage trigger. Like one other post said, it doesn't say anything about "forgiveness" in the add.
View Quote

no something is not right. give us a call tomorrow whenever you are able, we will gather a few more details and i will get a new one sent out to you. if you wouldn't mind ill send a return envelope as well if you could send yours back so we could get a look at it and see whats going on we would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 4:23:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tactical_T:
Interesting......I've had my heart set on the SSA-E trigger for installation on my AR-10(T), which I will be using for precision bench-rest shooting. But from what you're saying, it sounds like the Super Dynamic Enhanced (SDE) is a better choice...???

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:

The greatest improvement in Geissele triggers that I have used happens inside of 100 cycles. After that, there is no noticeable improvement. I am a huge fan and advocate of Geissele triggers, but the Super Semi line is less than impressive to me and most of the customers we have sold them to. We took a beating on our first order with returns and discounting those as used triggers. If someone wants one, we tell them to buy it elsewhere. We only carry the DMR based, SD based, and S3G units now, which are absolutely impressive and the finest triggers you can buy, IMO and many others. I'd sooner just run a lightly worked standard trigger and some yellow JP springs if I couldn't run one of the better Geisseles (Hi-Speed/DMR, SD line, S3G....).

evl....

Interesting......I've had my heart set on the SSA-E trigger for installation on my AR-10(T), which I will be using for precision bench-rest shooting. But from what you're saying, it sounds like the Super Dynamic Enhanced (SDE) is a better choice...???

For precision bench-rest shooting, I would recommend the High Speed National Match - Match Rifle trigger

It does what I thought would be impossible for any trigger to do:
Its ONLY feedback to your awareness of the trigger is the slight, consistent pressure on the front pad of your trigger finger.
There is NO creep
There is NO increase in resistance just before the break - NONE
You CANNOT anticipate the break ... it just   h a p p e n s ... you know the rifle has fired by the recoil/report.

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 4:55:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Barliman:

For precision bench-rest shooting, I would recommend the High Speed National Match - Match Rifle trigger

[div style='margin-left: 40px;']It does what I thought would be impossible for any trigger to do:

Its ONLY feedback to your awareness of the trigger is the slight, consistent pressure on the front pad of your trigger finger.

There is NO creep

You CANNOT anticipate the break ... it just   h a p p e n s ... you know the rifle has fired by the recoil/report.

View All Quotes
The greatest improvement in Geissele triggers that I have used happens inside of 100 cycles. After that, there is no noticeable improvement. I am a huge fan and advocate of Geissele triggers, but the Super Semi line is less than impressive to me and most of the customers we have sold them to. We took a beating on our first order with returns and discounting those as used triggers. If someone wants one, we tell them to buy it elsewhere. We only carry the DMR based, SD based, and S3G units now, which are absolutely impressive and the finest triggers you can buy, IMO and many others. I'd sooner just run a lightly worked standard trigger and some yellow JP springs if I couldn't run one of the better Geisseles (Hi-Speed/DMR, SD line, S3G....).

evl....

[div style='margin-left: 40px;']It does what I thought would be impossible for any trigger to do:

There is NO creep

You can set the trigger where you wont know when it will break, however I want to know when its going to break and the ones I have shot on were set up that way.  Very very nice its like replacing the trigger with a neural interface, you think FIRE and it goes off.  However I could definitely tell when it would break.
Mine should be here before the end of the week, I am very excited.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 5:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2014 6:07:34 PM EDT by Barliman]

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:

You can set the trigger where you wont know when it will break, however I want to know when its going to break and the ones I have shot on were set up that way.  Very very nice its like replacing the trigger with a neural interface, you think FIRE and it goes off.  However I could definitely tell when it would break.

View All Quotes

There is NO creep

Mine came direct from Geissele set up this way, so I decided I would wait until I had a feel for the trigger before making any adjustments.

For me, the "neural interface" is perfection since it takes away any thought regarding what the trigger is doing.

As you note, another aspect of the beauty of the High Speed National Match - Match Rifle trigger is it gives the end user a trigger completely adjustable to their satisfaction.

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:02:15 PM EDT
I don't really get "blown away" by any trigger and I wasn't all giggly over my SSA-E triggers when I got them.  They felt as good/slightly more crisp than my RRA 2stage but I wasn't expecting much better so I wasn't dissapoint.  However, I am very happy about the trigger's reliability.  I take comfort in knowing that I have a good trigger pull and almost 0% chance of failure as opposed to a super light match trigger that may or may not work when I need it.  One of my RRA crapped out to a soft single stage and failed to reset once.  I sent them both back to RRA and they replaced them but I couldn't trust the trigger any more so I sold both to fund one of the 2 SSA-E.  I have since added the S3G and I have to admit I did smile a bit when I first pulled that one.  A friend recently put the DMR in his gun and that is quite impressive as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:09:21 PM EDT
I have an SSA-E in my Mk12 and it is by far the best money I have ever spent on an AR15 based gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:14:43 PM EDT
I had the same type of issue with mine, emailed Giessele and the sent a new one out right away.  Put the new trigger in and its much better, its actually what I was expecting.  I will probably be getting a couple more Geissele triggers in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:23:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:56:46 PM EDT

We are going to replace the trigger however it's important to understand that everyone has different trigger fingers.  There are a lot of shooters where I am amazed at their fine motor skills.  Sometimes, one just has to go with a Hi Speed so it can be tuned to the exact break they desire.  And if, over time the sears start to wear a little, more engagement is just a tweak away.

On any of our non adjustable triggers if one looks at the trigger and pulls the trigger slowly they will see movement of the trigger after the first stage and while the 2nd stage sear is disengaging.  Usually, when shooting that movement is not perceived.  The movement HAS to be there for reliability, if there was no perceived movement our triggers would have 2nd stages crapping out all over the place.

The SSA-E is more prone to having perceived creep in the second stage because the weight of the 1St stage and 2 stage break is so light. An SSA starts moving with its heavier pull and shoots across the sear, you don't feel the necessary sear movement that is designed in.

Usually when we get these SSA-E triggers back that have issues like this we put them in our guns and they break perfectly clean and wonderful, just like the new trigger we sent out as a replacement.  It is a mystery why this happens.
View All Quotes

We are going to replace the trigger however it's important to understand that everyone has different trigger fingers.  There are a lot of shooters where I am amazed at their fine motor skills.  Sometimes, one just has to go with a Hi Speed so it can be tuned to the exact break they desire.  And if, over time the sears start to wear a little, more engagement is just a tweak away.

On any of our non adjustable triggers if one looks at the trigger and pulls the trigger slowly they will see movement of the trigger after the first stage and while the 2nd stage sear is disengaging.  Usually, when shooting that movement is not perceived.  The movement HAS to be there for reliability, if there was no perceived movement our triggers would have 2nd stages crapping out all over the place.

The SSA-E is more prone to having perceived creep in the second stage because the weight of the 1St stage and 2 stage break is so light. An SSA starts moving with its heavier pull and shoots across the sear, you don't feel the necessary sear movement that is designed in.

Usually when we get these SSA-E triggers back that have issues like this we put them in our guns and they break perfectly clean and wonderful, just like the new trigger we sent out as a replacement.  It is a mystery why this happens.

Could it be an issue with that particular SSA-E  in that customers Particular Lower?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:09:13 AM EDT
I use the SSA-E and think it is the best trigger I have ever used.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 10:05:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2014 10:05:42 AM EDT by sig2009]
Just a close to this post. Great news! Geissele and Joe Plunkett took care of my issue and it was fully resolved to my satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very very much!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 11:46:52 AM EDT
I have 2 Geissele triggers.  Expensive?  Yes.  Reliable? Yes. Fantastic triggers?  Yes.  Wonderful additions/upgrades to my AR's? Yes.  Outstanding company that unabashedly stands behinds its products and demands customer satisfaction?  Yes.  Worth the cost of admission?  Up to each individual to decide what is important to them.  But for me?  Worth every penny.  I have zero issues spending my hard earned money for this type of product from this type of company.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:39:17 PM EDT

Could it be an issue with that particular SSA-E  in that customers Particular Lower?
View All Quotes

Like I said in my post, I have two Rock River lowers. The first, it works great, the latest isn't the same as the first. What I have done the other day is put my new trigger into my old lower and I get the same problem. So now I know it isn't the lower.   I'm going to try to call him like he said, I already know their customer service is top notch so I'm not worried about that. My first trigger replaced a RRA 2 stage which I literally through in the trash! I didn't expect the SSA-E to preform as well as my Bushmaster DCM high power competition service rifle but it is reeeeealllly close, the difference being the SSA-E having a slightly heavier 2nd stage let off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:41:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gajp:

no something is not right. give us a call tomorrow whenever you are able, we will gather a few more details and i will get a new one sent out to you. if you wouldn't mind ill send a return envelope as well if you could send yours back so we could get a look at it and see whats going on we would appreciate it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gajp:

I'll give a shout, thanks!

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2014 5:52:37 PM EDT by allensaldi]
And this is quality customer service at its finest!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:22:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 4:25:06 AM EDT by wh1plash]
Interesting to find this thread. I just received my first two Geissele triggers last night, and installed an SDE into my #1 lower (Mega forged). I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with it also. Maybe its just that everybody on this forum hypes them up so much, but still.

I can pull the trigger to the 'wall' of the second stage, and then continue to pull it where the creep is visibly noticeable even by my wife. I can actually stop pulling it during the creep, and push the trigger back to reset it.

To me, candy cane or icicle break should be just that. It either has perceptible creep, or it doesn't. And I've heard both ways from customers and Geissele alike. For instance, I don't understand how these two posts can co-exist:

"The SSA-E will have a very small amount of forgiveness right after you hit the wall at the second stage. After that it will break clean like a candy cane. Have you cleaned the sears of the hammer and trigger and applied grease to them yet?"

I even dry fired the trigger for about 150 times and no difference. It is no better!
View Quote

Whoever told you that is wrong. Call back to the shop and talk to Joe Plunkett and he will get you a new trigger
View Quote

On any of our non adjustable triggers if one looks at the trigger and pulls the trigger slowly they will see movement of the trigger after the first stage and while the 2nd stage sear is disengaging.  
View Quote

Is it a better trigger than the milspec one I took out of that lower last night? Sure. But I can tell you this, I'd be sending it back if I had paid the full $250 for it. Since I got it during that one-day forum sale, I'll have to think about it. I def won't be opening the package on that second SSA-E though.

Again, maybe its just that this forum hypes the living crap out of these triggers. But what I can say is, it didn't blow my socks off. And all these claims of "zero creep" and all need to be taking with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:43:13 AM EDT
The problem is, is that they are overhyped on here and people make you think it will make you the best marksman on the planet just by installing it.

Don't get me wrong, they are NICE triggers and some of the most reliable, but they are not THAT much of a upgrade over other decent two stage triggers when it comes to actual trigger pull feel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:42:21 AM EDT
the other problem too is that lots of guys forget what the ssa was designed for--to be a HUGE trigger upgrade in terms of feel from mil-spec single and ALSO to be a huge improvement in reliability over the then available 2 stage choices.  Most of us don't push our triggers hard enough to fail and most of us aren't in situations where trigger failure = really bad things.  But, if you ever had your RRA or Knights or LMT two stage suddenly go tits up or suddenly turn into a single stage during a class or hunt you paid big bucks for or during duty you love the SSA triggers.

Having said that, I like my original SSA better than the SSA-E.  Maybe I just got used to it more or maybe I just like the rifle the SSA is in more but the SSA also Seems to have a crispier break to me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:12:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bankfraudguy:
my redundant and unhelpful reply:

I have both triggers you mentioned.   If the SSA is not immediately noticeably better than the RRA something is wrong.  Either installed wrong, something is dirty or in the trigger sear areas, or defective.    I don't like to cheerlead, but the SSA is/should be nothing but greatness.

Post pics of foreign object in trigger group
View Quote

Same.

All of my Geisseles are smooth as glass. The RRA NM I had was brutal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:16:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 4:27:08 PM EDT by Indyryder3x]
http://d3cfki0l5o2ps6.cloudfront.net/media/files/super-semi-automatic-e-trigger-pf.pdf

There is .017" (roughly) of travel before the trigger actually breaks. Even the True match trigger have a few thousandths of travel before the trigger breaks. They have to for safety, a trigger that has minimal overlap will discharge inadvertently. That same minimal overlap would also show as operator error because they wouldn't be able to positively feel the second stage "wall" I'll call it.

Disappointing? Well, Geissele triggers are easily some of the BEST triggers on the market IMO. Owning both SSA and SSA-E triggers, I notice the slight creep in the SSA-E second stage too, but it's definitely less then the SSA. I will say though, with gloves and winter conditions, even the SSA-E is hard to control perfectly every time after you're cold. Summer time or ideal conditions its fine. But let that cold sink in, different story. Not sure if I would want to go lighter honestly for what I do.

Edited for grammar
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:23:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 8:25:47 AM EDT by lilMAC25]
Originally Posted By wh1plash:

Is it a better trigger than the milspec one I took out of that lower last night? Sure. But I can tell you this, I'd be sending it back if I had paid the full $250 for it. Since I got it during that one-day forum sale, I'll have to think about it. I def won't be opening the package on that second SSA-E though.

Again, maybe its just that this forum hypes the living crap out of these triggers. But what I can say is, it didn't blow my socks off. And all these claims of "zero creep" and all need to be taking with a grain of salt.
View Quote

Sell the 2nd one to me for what you paid for it. My dad's AR needs a better trigger.  IM me at your convenience (and check my feedback).

Edited for quote tree and emphasis.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:52:06 AM EDT
First off, the SSA and -E are not the lightest triggers that Geissele makes. But if you're having an issue, remember that the lower itself is part of the interface. I had one that felt a little like you describe. I then lubed the crap out of it with aerosol CLP and apparently there was something in the lower itself interfacing with the pins or the trigger on the pins that immediately went away.

Before you exchange it, spray it well with lube. The instructions are unclear about lubing the trigger pin before installing the trigger. The CLP will get in there if you didn't.

...but the SSA and E are about ruggedness and safety plus a great pull. Want a lighter pull than that? Get a different Geissele. I've got a John Holliger tuned RRA that is lighter than my SSA, but it doesn't feel as good, plus I wouldn't trust my RRA for SHTF duty.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:12:21 AM EDT
I was always a believer in doing trigger jobs by stoning and smoothing the contact surfaces of the moving trigger assembly but in doing so the case hardening is disturbed and shorter life results You really can't do too much ":tuning on AR triggers" and expect lasting results.
I have also used  Timney Triggers but since I started using Geissele, I find that they are better suited to my shooting purpose. It must be remembered that the SSA and SSAe are TWO stage triggers. There will be a small amount of creep between stages but IMO that is good for safety.  If you want a 3lb single stage "hair trigger" then the S3G Geissele may be what you want. They are great for shooting fast but for accuracy and deliberate aiming the SSA is far better. I would venture to say that most shooters here that use the Geissele triggers rate them as excellent but you can please everyone!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:14:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I have three SSA's and one SSA-E in my rifles, My SSA-E is by far the cleanest breaking of the four, no creep whatsoever in mine.
View Quote

I have 3 SSA-Es and one SSA and love them all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:15:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I have three SSA's and one SSA-E in my rifles, My SSA-E is by far the cleanest breaking of the four, no creep whatsoever in mine.
View Quote

I have 3 SSA-Es and one SSA and love them all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:16:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
The problem is, is that they are overhyped on here and people make you think it will make you the best marksman on the planet just by installing it.

Don't get me wrong, they are NICE triggers and some of the most reliable, but they are not THAT much of a upgrade over other decent two stage triggers when it comes to actual trigger pull feel.
View Quote

in a nutshell
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 12:11:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 12:13:26 PM EDT by MTNmyMag]
Originally Posted By RUTGERS95:

in a nutshell
View All Quotes

in a nutshell

If you go from an RRA 2 stage or an armalite 2 stage going off of pull feel only you probably won't notice much difference with an SSA .  The real difference there is the Customer Service and the reliability in the two triggers.  Also Geissele SSA is much more consistently a good product while, in my experience, the others are much more hit and miss.   When you go to the HiSpeed there is no comparison.  I f you want a fast shooting trigger the S3G/S3G-D are in a class of their own as well.
This just my opinion and personal observation.

In closing I'll share just one case in point.

The SSA and SSA-E also have faster lock times and more reliable ignition.  My brother has an Ar-10T with an Armalite 2 stage, it has a truly awesome pull and break, however he lost the buck of his life when it failed to fire 5 times in a row.  Problem kept up  sporadically afterwards. I added an Extra Power hammer spring and he has not had a problem since.  The G triggers work with any primer out there.  Geissele backs up their products with the best Customer Service I have experienced anywhere and Mr. Geissele himself is one of the nicest business men I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.  These are the reasons why I don't hesitate to recommend his products to anyone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 12:55:06 PM EDT
The RRA triggers are very good for the price, but... Unless they have changed them, they do wear out, and there are weak points where they might break. As far as reliable, Geisseles reputation is top notch so far.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:39:11 PM EDT
Interesting to find this thread. I just received my first two Geissele triggers last night, and installed an SDE into my #1 lower (Mega forged). I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with it also. Maybe its just that everybody on this forum hypes them up so much, but still.

I can pull the trigger to the 'wall' of the second stage, and then continue to pull it where the creep is visibly noticeable even by my wife. I can actually stop pulling it during the creep, and push the trigger back to reset it.

To me, candy cane or icicle break should be just that. It either has perceptible creep, or it doesn't. And I've heard both ways from customers and Geissele alike. For instance, I don't understand how these two posts can co-exist:

View All Quotes

Whoever told you that is wrong. Call back to the shop and talk to Joe Plunkett and he will get you a new trigger

On any of our non adjustable triggers if one looks at the trigger and pulls the trigger slowly they will see movement of the trigger after the first stage and while the 2nd stage sear is disengaging.  

I couldn't have said it better. That is exactly what I have on my new one but not the 4 year old one. Talked to them today and they are picking up mine and checking it and sending out a new one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:32:06 PM EDT
I have two SSA-E's and an older RRA NM trigger. I agree with the OP that compared to the RRA trigger, there is a small amount of creep in the SSA-E trigger. On both my SSA-e's, I can move the trigger a very small amount without the hammer dropping... I can see the trigger move and feel it move. Both my SSA-e triggers feel exactly the same, so what the OP is experiencing is likely not the result of a bad trigger. My RRA NM does not have this same movement before the hammer drops, it just breaks.

That said, the SSA-E is an enormous improvement over the stock trigger, and it is designed to be in fighting rifles. The RRA NM was designed to be in match rifles, so one shouldn't expect them to be the same.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:11:33 PM EDT

If you go from an RRA 2 stage or an armalite 2 stage going off of pull feel only you probably won't notice much difference with an SSA .  The real difference there is the Customer Service and the reliability in the two triggers.  Also Geissele SSA is much more consistently a good product while, in my experience, the others are much more hit and miss.   When you go to the HiSpeed there is no comparison.  I f you want a fast shooting trigger the S3G/S3G-D are in a class of their own as well.

The SSA and SSA-E also have faster lock times and more reliable ignition.  My brother has an Ar-10T with an Armalite 2 stage, it has a truly awesome pull and break, however he lost the buck of his life when it failed to fire 5 times in a row.  Problem kept up  sporadically afterwards. I added an Extra Power hammer spring and he has not had a problem since.  The G triggers work with any primer out there.  Geissele backs up their products with the best Customer Service I have experienced anywhere and Mr. Geissele himself is one of the nicest business men I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.  These are the reasons why I don't hesitate to recommend his products to anyone.
View All Quotes

in a nutshell

Arma lite will last as long....plenty of companies have excellent cs....they are overhyped as the poster said
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:41:37 PM EDT

Arma lite will last as long....plenty of companies have excellent cs....they are overhyped as the poster said
View All Quotes

in a nutshell

The trigger pull  on the SSA and SSA-E may be over hyped.  Every other 2 stage and match trigger on the market uses reduced power hammer springs, Geissele uses an extra power hammer spring.  Geissele also has a much shorter lock time on those two models than their competition. None of the other triggers in the same class match Geissele for Reliability and Longevity.   When you go to the Geissele Hi-Speed there is not anything else that comes close to it on the market.  The Hi-Speed can be set up for a perfect trigger pull and has a super fast lock speed its really an incredible trigger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:47:59 PM EDT

The trigger pull  on the SSA and SSA-E may be over hyped.  Every other 2 stage and match trigger on the market uses reduced power hammer springs, Geissele uses an extra power hammer spring.  Geissele also has a much shorter lock time on those two models than their competition. None of the other triggers in the same class match Geissele for Reliability and Longevity.   When you go to the Geissele Hi-Speed there is not anything else that comes close to it on the market.  The Hi-Speed can be set up for a perfect trigger pull and has a super fast lock speed its really an incredible trigger.
View All Quotes

in a nutshell

I know, I have 1 ssa and 2 ssa-e but agree with what that poster said earlier, they are overhyped and people think they will magically be better marksmen with them.  Disagree on longevity and nothing coming close.  I think the new KACs are every bit as good and the armalite is just as strong but do think the RRA is far below these
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 6:53:14 PM EDT by MrSvtBansheeman]
Are the Geissele ssa triggers that come on daniel defense rifle made in house or bought from Geissele the company. Not trying to bring DD into this, im just curious about what i own. I cant comment on how good/bad it is.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:56:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MrSvtBansheeman:
Are the Geissele ssa triggers that come on daniel defense rifle made in house or bought from Geissele the company. Not trying to bring DD into this, im just curious about what i own. I cant comment on how good/bad it is.
View Quote

I'm not aware of a DD rifle that comes stock with a Geissele trigger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:03:52 PM EDT
funny, i have a SSA-E in one rifle and a rock river trigger in another, i find the geissele much crisper and more reliable while the RR trigger has a more unreliable break to me, the SSA-E is much crisper and reliable and would consider that in all my future builds...
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 7:43:36 PM EDT by scuba_steve]
Originally Posted By sanausnol:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sanausnol:
Originally Posted By MrSvtBansheeman:

On the Build your own DDM4 section of their site, you can choose a lower with an SSA.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:54:34 AM EDT
The proof of Geissele satisfaction, is that many buy more than one. I don't think that fan-boy thing is hype.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:49:35 PM EDT

I know, I have 1 ssa and 2 ssa-e but agree with what that poster said earlier, they are overhyped and people think they will magically be better marksmen with them.  Disagree on longevity and nothing coming close.  I think the new KACs are every bit as good and the armalite is just as strong but do think the RRA is far below these
View Quote

My NM RRA 2 stage is so low that it is at the bottom of the trash can!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:00:17 PM EDT
Arma lite will last as long...
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:13:39 PM EDT
I have had rra triggers, that had the crispest break at 3-4lbs...but had issues with either reset or it going single stage occasionally.  I sold it, and it worked fine for others. It could be that my lower is slightly out of spec, cuz 8 had the same thing happen with an armalite trigger...going to single stage.

the kac triggers never did that, the giessele triggers are next to try out, all $850 worth of them.
Page / 3
Top Top