Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
alrighty then......

i think these two pupplies are getting close to being done.  big brother, suppressed by mark white of sound technology years ago...still running like a top after many thousands of rounds.  little brother a modified mk II from years way back by jim ryan (tacord) to utilize the excellent vortex-II suppressor (gemtech)... i'll take them to the range tomorrow and.....burnsome........

if i keep having this much fun, i may need to start myself a part-time business...

one interesting note on the top unit.  i thought the internals had been maintained and fairly clean via immersion in solvents, etc.....however, after heating the pistol up and doing this work, there has been an unbelieveable amount of crud that has come out of the suppressor, so i've found a new way to clean out an old integral can for sure....

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice work man, I may bring mine to you instead of me trying it, lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
k9dpd ~~

as always my friend, if ya get in a tough spot, give me a call and i'd be glad to help ya out...

re-read stickman's instructions before ya start, and try a few magazines first to get the process down before you go doing a receiver or other parts....

www.pre-ban.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19024

i am wondering though, and maybe stickman can chime in here, is what do ya do to remove this product if you ever have or want to?  i would guess careful glass bead blasting would take it off, but not sure....stickman....what say ye sir?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
k9dpd ~~

as always my friend, if ya get in a tough spot, give me a call and i'd be glad to help ya out...

re-read stickman's instructions before ya start, and try a few magazines first to get the process down before you go doing a receiver or other parts....

www.pre-ban.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19024

i am wondering though, and maybe stickman can chime in here, is what do ya do to remove this product if you ever have or want to?  i would guess careful glass bead blasting would take it off, but not sure....stickman....what say ye sir?

If it isn't baked, spray it off with solvent.  If it is baked, it needs to be blasted.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I just did an AR upper and lower with Brownells moly coat.  It does smell a bit when curing in the oven, but dissapates quickly with the windows open.
The OD green looks really nice. I will build the rifle with OD furniture to match.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
From this:

To this:
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Was blech the name of your pistol in that before shot?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Burnsome--

VERY SLICK!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]
good golly miss molly.....!

a friend of mine dropped off this old beater 45 pistol yesterday......

after a couple of hours working on it today, the old beater seems to have taken on a new identity....

he may not get it back....it looks pretty darn good......

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Burnsome - what kind of oven is that in the picture, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
a black and decker toaster oven
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top