AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gyrene, could you possibly take a pair of measurements? I'm needing the length from front to rear with the sight folded, and the height from the barrel to the forward-most (muzzle side) projection. Trying to see if this will work with my can setups. Nice rifle by the way!

Don't understand the second part of the request,(I guess I'm a little slow). I'll get that first one to you when I get home.

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, length folded along the top is about 2.25", along the bottom about 1.9".
There is no spring involved only a locking detent in the deployed mode(needed) and one in the folded position(unnecessery IMO).
I will be removing the ear that protects the button in the folded position to give a better purchese on the button for deploying the sight.
If it sounds like I'm slamming this sight, I'm not. Anything that is brand new can use improvements.
Wilson should be given cudos for a nice product at a VERY competitve price. If it fit on a carbine with an MRE rail, I would purchase another in a heartbeat.

IMO Wilson should remove both ridges and make the protective ears thinner = Winner!
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Just disregard the second part, I hadn't looked closely enough at the images, and thought the axis point for the actual 'sight' portion of the gasblock was further forward.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
While we're suggesting things, I'd like to add the following....how about a CROSS BOLT version similar to the ARMS #41B. Don't make cross bolt section unnecessarily thick like the GG&G's...why you ask? Because it's better when it fits into a Daniel Defense FSP/FSP-M rail system! Why cross bolt? Because it's stronger then a set-screw setup. I've seen many set-screw blocks come loose and move and the only real way to fix it is to dimple the barrel...cross bolts solve that problem..plus, unlike a pinned version, it's user installable and Vltor has proven the strength of a cross bolt setup. Also, a cross bolt setup allows you get the FSB on a painted barrel easier w/o messing up the finish.

So for version 2.0:

1) Thinner ears and/or HK style hood (if possible...there might not be enough room on top of the sight now that I look at it)...I'd offer both, like Troy.
2) NO LOCK in the down position or remove the protective tab so that it can be more easily deployed (I think NO lock for deployment is better). Lock in the UP position is good.
3) Bayo Lug version - Why? Not for a Bayo, just for a BIG FUCK YOU to the anti-gun idiots...
4) Cross bolt version with a slim enough profile so that it'll fit into a Daniel Defense FSP/FSP-M rail system

Outside of that, it looks great. DEFINITELY see how it was inspired by the KAC FSB/BUIS but IMO, KAC can SUCK IT for not offering their FSB/BUIS for general sale. I'll buy SEVERAL of the V2 model once it comes out...
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Got rid of the annoying ridge and the sight deploys SSSOOOO much easier.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#9]
where did the pics go?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#10]
reds X's
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#12]
The pics are hosted at M4carbine.net they can only be seen if you're logged in over there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top