User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang, I was hoping you could hook me up ;)

Most know street price is usually less. dunno about Talo editions though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol.....yeah, that Colt is definitely better and worth more than my Larue barreled premium build with a Geissele trigger and Noveske BCG.  Sorry, but no.  You're paying for the stamp on the side of that Colt.  If that's worth it to you, go for it.  But for $1300, you can have SO much more.  That Colt is aggressively overpriced.  They essentially took a $900 6720, threw on a $150 Centurion rail (they are that cheap at Lanbos, and Colt is likely buying in bulk for way cheaper than that), drilled the gas port at the middie position, and slapped some magpul stuff on there, and jacked the price up $400.  Nope for me.  This thing should be under $1k easily.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol.....yeah, that Colt is definitely better and worth more than my Larue barreled premium build with a Geissele trigger and Noveske BCG.  Sorry, but no.  You're paying for the stamp on the side of that Colt.  If that's worth it to you, go for it.  But for $1300, you can have SO much more.  That Colt is aggressively overpriced.  They essentially took a $900 6720, threw on a $150 Centurion rail (they are that cheap at Lanbos, and Colt is likely buying in bulk for way cheaper than that), drilled the gas port at the middie position, and slapped some magpul stuff on there, and jacked the price up $400.  Nope for me.  This thing should be under $1k easily.

Quoted:

So if I catch every sale over the course of six months I can spend the time to build a rifle with parts from six different manufacturers that should be about as good as the factory Colt for a couple hundred bucks less than what Colt's asking for retail. Great. So what?

Glad Colt put this together, looks like a great product at a very reasonable price point.

Why are you even in this thread? If you want to resell a Colt, everyone who knows what an AR15 is knows Colt. Your parts gun is just that, a parts gun.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

BCG was on sale for $130.  Trigger was on sale for $175.  SMOS rail was $150.  Larue barrel was $200.  That's $655 and leaves $245 for the small parts and receivers (Aero Precision matched set was on sale for $120 shipped).  Always buy on sale.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I built that rifle under $900.  And it is a better rifle than that Colt.  I could build the equivalent of that Colt for under $900 easily.  At $1300, that rifle is insanely overpriced.  And being a Talo exclusive, it won't go for much under MSRP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

BCG was on sale for $130.  Trigger was on sale for $175.  SMOS rail was $150.  Larue barrel was $200.  That's $655 and leaves $245 for the small parts and receivers (Aero Precision matched set was on sale for $120 shipped).  Always buy on sale.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I built that rifle under $900.  And it is a better rifle than that Colt.  I could build the equivalent of that Colt for under $900 easily.  At $1300, that rifle is insanely overpriced.  And being a Talo exclusive, it won't go for much under MSRP.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Built my last rifle with a Larue barrel, Noveske BCG, Geissele SD-E, and SMOS rail for $900.  This Colt at $1300 is a bit expensive, and I can build better for cheaper.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh!  I can build that for $850  

Nope.

Between the BCG and trigger alone you're at half of your claimed $900 build total. I'm skeptical unless you got some stuff used or for free.

You still need a stock, receiver extension, buffer, buffer spring, grip, LPK, gas tube, Charging handle, gas block. And you didn't account for shipping. And you still have an OVERGASSED parts gun with no warranty, or resale value and some parts of dubious quality.

BCG 130

Trigger 175

Rail 150

Barrel 200

Receivers 120

=775

Let's get the rest of the parts now

RE/Buffer/Spring 33 (Anderson)

SL stock 45

MOE grip 15

Gas block 30

Gas tube 15

LPK 50

Charging handle 20

Flash hider 20

=1003

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think a lot of people can guess where the complaint came from.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a 15" rail option. Looks very attractive.

I think the 15" is about perfect as well, now I just need to swap stock and grip for a Colt clone!

Industry Partner status currently revoked because someone complained to staff that I wasn't enough of a company rep by posting too much in other forums and not just in the Rainier Arms section.....
http://65.media.tumblr.com/aa5c3bda373381e3f6efd3928e0f2182/tumblr_ofa3flwsvN1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

Stick

[email protected]

www.rainierarms.com

(253) 218-2999 Office

(253) 218-2998 FAX

they're mad you have a large presence?  That blows, I always enjoy the pics

?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$150 Centurion rail (they are that cheap at Lanbos,
View Quote

Show me where they have that listed?  A link would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Show where they have that listed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Add it to your cart and the price drops.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just went though all their rail offerings, no Centurion rails that I saw.
NVM, screwy site...found it
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=CMR+

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the 15" is about perfect as well, now I just need to swap stock and grip for a Colt clone!

Industry Partner status currently revoked because someone complained to staff that I wasn't enough of a company rep by posting too much in other forums and not just in the Rainier Arms section.....

http://65.media.tumblr.com/aa5c3bda373381e3f6efd3928e0f2182/tumblr_ofa3flwsvN1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

?

I would guess the board is being paid to get rid of me.  Rainier Arms pays massive money to be here, so they are saying I post pictures and comments outside of the RA forum.  Of course that isn't against any board rules, nor is it against any rules as being a Dealer or Industry Partner. Give it a short amount of time, and then I'll be banned, which is what tends to happen to anyone who doesn't go the way a certain person wants.  I can tell you now that I don't want Rainier Arms getting shaken down/ bribing/ doing a giveaway, or anything similar to keep me here.  I don't play that game, and they shouldn't either.  

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must have pterodactyl arms.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would guess the board is being paid to get rid of me.  Rainier Arms pays massive money to be here, so they are saying I post pictures and comments outside of the RA forum.  Of course that isn't against any board rules, nor is it against any rules as being a Dealer or Industry Partner. Give it a short amount of time, and then I'll be banned, which is what tends to happen to anyone who doesn't go the way a certain person wants.  I can tell you now that I don't want Rainier Arms getting shaken down/ bribing/ doing a giveaway, or anything similar to keep me here.  I don't play that game, and they shouldn't either.  

Stick

[email protected]

www.rainierarms.com

(253) 218-2999 Office

(253) 218-2998 FAX
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stick

[email protected]

www.rainierarms.com

(253) 218-2999 Office

(253) 218-2998 FAX

?

Stick

[email protected]

www.rainierarms.com

(253) 218-2999 Office

(253) 218-2998 FAX
I called staff out on it yesterday and they played the "we don't play favorites card". Then killed the thread.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

Don't you leave us, Stick!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't necessarily blame them. I think that they know that the Colt name appeals to traditionalists.   AR fads come and go fast.  Remember when monolithic uppers were the hotness?  Colt came out with the 6940 in relatively short order.... and it didn't sell worth a darn.

A lightweight midlength barrel will appeal to the same crowd that likes the 6720.... and those have sold well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better late than never, I guess.

Yep. They are only 10 years behind everyone else, in more ways that one.

I don't necessarily blame them. I think that they know that the Colt name appeals to traditionalists.   AR fads come and go fast.  Remember when monolithic uppers were the hotness?  Colt came out with the 6940 in relatively short order.... and it didn't sell worth a darn.

A lightweight midlength barrel will appeal to the same crowd that likes the 6720.... and those have sold well.

Their excuse of a monolithic upper had all the disadvantages of a 7" rail on a 16" carbine, along with all the disadvantages of the monolithic upper.   Just when it couldn't get any worse, they stuffed a piston it.  

It takes a lot of innovation and determination to build dumb shit like that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure the Colt haters will find something that's wrong with it. And they can probably build the same gun for $350.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I get it, Colt was too busy supplying rifles around the entire world, while most other manufacturers were supplying to local gunshops and an occasional. LE agency when they could cut enough of a deal to sell them.

When most other manufacturers produce rifles as good as Colt, please let me know. I'll wait.....

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I like what they did there.

Looks to be a direct competitor to the FN with the MI FF rail.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah I get it, Colt was too busy supplying rifles around the entire world, while most other manufacturers were supplying to local gunshops and an occasional. LE agency when they could cut enough of a deal to sell them.

When most other manufacturers produce rifles as good as Colt, please let me know. I'll wait.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That time already came a long while ago...
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow. What's all the 6920 Colt fanboys going to say. No need for a free float rail and mid length gas is stupid. Hmmm. Guess I don't look so stupid now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top