tochhc235,
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first magazines we produced were bad, we admitted it and replaced the bad ones.

Try again

No shit!  I got 2 bad batches after sending them back and never got the free one for my hassle.  None of them were functional.  I decided to cut my losses and just junk them since I was wasting my time shipping them back for shitty replacements.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Jeff,
As I replied to you via IM, I don't know when this happened that you are referring to, but call me at 866 274-0247 toll free and we can discuss how to handle this situation. Thanks

Larry
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Next time I'm planning on starting myself on fire and carrying magazines at the time I'll use HK mags.  

Honestly- what requirement is that? Please.  

I would think Stainless would be better for lips as the aluminum is generally very brittle too-- one bend or two and it's gone.  That said- why the funky floorplate? just use a STD plate.  That ring just makes the 30 take up as much space as a 40rd mag.

My Shooting star CM .45 1911 mags are stainless and stand as testimony to the fact that a good mag can be made of stainless steel.  That's not the issue- it's the floorplate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Now, are those super reliable SS mags already on the shelves?

And WHERE?

Please give me a clue, when and where I might order!

I want Magpul followers and CS ( ISMI ? ) springs added at the factory, so I won´t have to pay twice for inwanted items.

Regards, H
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The stainless steel magazines have just started being tested. They have a non-tilit follower and optional chrome silicon spring. There will be 3 different floor plates offerred including the standard floor plate. We look to have product ready for sale the last week of January, if all tests are completed and approved. We will be at the Shot Show with all of our products.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Any chance you will infrom us ALL about when and WHERE to get them?

Will it be possible to enter the Webpage without having to register?

I WANT AT LEAST 6 TO TRY!!!

H
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
C Products will announce to everyone on a special post where and when you will be able to purchase the SS magazines. Please keep in mind that most of this month the magazines will be going through a blend of testing and evaluation at the military and LE levels to further confirm CP test results. We feel those who are doing the evaluations are the best of the best. Also, one of the top 2 manufacturers in the US will be testing. ALL results will be posted. We have listened to everyone's concerns and are addressing them during the tests. Each test site will be filling out a form that describes in full detail how the evaluation tests were performed and their results.
Within the next 7-10 days CP will be opening the web-site to individuals. We will keep you posted on this.

CP
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like you guys are taking it one step at a time, which is the right way to do things.  

Everyone who is in a hurry can sit back and wait.  An extra few weeks isn't going to kill you, and if it does, its not my  fault you didn't plan ahead.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds like you guys are taking it one step at a time, which is the right way to do things.  

Everyone who is in a hurry can sit back and wait.  An extra few weeks isn't going to kill you, and if it does, its not my  fault you didn't plan ahead.

+1

Thanks also for posting here.  The peanut gallery can be a little tough and ridiculous.

BTW - if you want the mags tested in some 3 gun matches, drop me an email
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE:

Creative Products' website is now accepting orders for magazines: www.cproductsllc.com.

NOTE to Military and Law Enforcement Personnel:  Creative products offers you a discounted price for these magazines ($7.90, $2.60 less than the standard price).

I am not sure if the Stainless Steel magazines are available yet.  If you are interested, you may want to call and ask them.

Regards,

Justin

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Eric, and all that have been waiting for the test SS mags. They will be sent out next week for your evaluation. Thanks for your help.

CP
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I must say that Larry and CP does have very good customer service.  I was in on the original CP mags that had the issues a long time ago and things didnt go so well leaving a bad taste in my mouth.  Any way Larry from CP seen my post in this thread and sent me an IM wanting to make things right.  He has since sent me 4 of the new mags to replace my other mags that were from the bad batch in the very begining.  

I have not shot them yet but my initial impression is that the problem I had before has been corrected.   The finish is not like that of my labell and D&H mags but just as good as my Center ind mags.   When I get the time I will burn a bunch of ammo through them.

Again top notch customer service and PR from CP,  thanks larry.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#16]
The pics made me sorta leery at first -- the body looked nice, but, AAHH!  Screws!   But if they'll come with regular floorplates, I'd certainly give one a try and, should they prove satisfactory, buy more.  I miss my old AK mags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#17]
The SS mags come with the standard floor plate.

CP
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:55:26 AM EDT
[#18]
To all those interested, I am told the CP magazines will ship with MagPul's second generation enhanced follower standard.

What more could a guy want ('cept maybe Stainless Stell magazines with the enhanced follower...)?

Justin

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
To all those interested, I am told the CP magazines will ship with MagPul's second generation enhanced follower standard.

What more could a guy want ('cept maybe Stainless Stell magazines with the enhanced follower...)?
Justin

Does this include the $7.90 mags for Mil/LEOs?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Mil/LE will be $10.10 with the Magpul follower. Originally posted at $8.90. Due to increases in material we have to raise the price to our men and women in uniform . We will continue to do what we can to support them.

CP
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anybody know where to buy CP mags? I tried 44mag.com but they dont have em anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The simple fact is that steel magazines can tolerate abuse that a aluminum magazines cannot.

That doesn't make it BETTER.   Better involves compromise - size -vs- weight -vs- durability -vs- cost -vs- etc.....

I can build you a $5500, 10lb mega mag that would have microprocessor controlled feeding, but that doesn't make it BETTER

Just ask Paul Leitner-Wise.  The only magazines that were still operable after the unfortunate fire that devastated their facility were the steel HK High Reliability magazines.  The USGI aluminum magazines were utterly destroyed.  

So what?   Where does the spec call for fire resistance?   I can drop a thermite grenade on those mags, and they will be destroyed too.   I mean, COME ON.    So steel melts at a higher temp than aluminum.    So what?

You know there would be some uber-tactical twits out there that would buy them from you too!

Sad but true..
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Jay,
Visit www.cproductsllc.com

CP
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#25]
To update all of you waiting for the SS mags for evaluation.
We have been testing, evaluating at CP and have had no issues as far as the function of the mag. We do have a slight miss-match on the large flat side. We are correcting this in the tool. It is strictly a cosmetic thing. We should have this cleared up by the end of the week. This product will not go into the market until we know that all of you will be totally satisfied.  We feel confident we will launch this product at the SHOT SHOW. I will post again when the mags are shipped. Thanks

Larry
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#27]
It's a good thing you guys are doing
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I haven't been this excited about mags since the sunset of the ban.  Man I wanna try a few of these babies out.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I may not be buying any mags for a bit, but I think the way you are approaching this is a very good idea.  You are listening to the people who know what they are looking for, you are testing them before selling them (VERY GOOD!!), and you are making sure that even little cosmetic things are taken care of (the final touch thingy).  I applaud your dedication to making a supurb product, and I hope that you reap the rewards of your work.  I feel confident that if you listen to the end user, and your product reflects this, you will have many repeat customers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:42:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for all the great replies supporting what we are doing. Manufacturing mags correctly is extremely diificult and we appreciate your patience and support.
We are in a booth at the Shot Show and will have special pricing for all our mags for those attending. We will extend that to our web site for all those who cannot attend from February 9 to the end of Show on the 12th. Thanks again.

CP
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:31:16 AM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Can you tell us how much the Shot Show price is going to be?  I want to order some of these ....  Thanks ...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#33]
The current price is $24.95 each. Shot Show will be around $23.00.

CP
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Sounds good!!  I'm going to be at SHOT so I'll be sure to drop by.

Ever consider using the Melonite process to finish your SS mags??  It yeilds a black finish that will NOT come of the way dry films will.  Along with a surface hardness comparable to hard chrome.

I have a 1911 that went through this process and am very pleased.  After ~100 rounds, there are no wear spots at all.

Just a thought...

Edited because I was typing too fast the first time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks very much for the information. If you can, please bring the info with you to the Show and we can talk about it. We'll be in Booth 22052 in LE with Tactical Products Group, Inc.

Larry
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Ever consider using the Melonite process to finish your SS mags??  It yeilds a black finish that will NOT come of the way dry films will.  Along with a surface hardness comparable to hard chrome.

I have a 1911 that went through this process and am very pleased.  After ~100 rounds, there are no wear spots at all.

Just a thought...

I believe Melonite is similar to the tennifer process used by GLOCK.  That would be one INDESTRUCTABLE magazine.  In fact, I wonder how beneficial it would be to coat an entire AR-15 using the Melonite process...

Justin
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#37]
UPDATE:  The US Military/Law Enforcement price has been raised to $8.90 due to increased cost from material vendors.  I know Larry rather well and he would want nothing more than to avoid this but they had little choice in the matter.  Larry will be in here shortly to elaborate.

Justin
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a thought...

I believe Melonite is similar to the tennifer process used by GLOCK.  That would be one INDESTRUCTABLE magazine.  In fact, I wonder how beneficial it would be to coat an entire AR-15 using the Melonite process...

Justin

Off topic:  The Melonite process can only be applied to ferrous metals (iron or steel including  S/S).  So the Alum. parts of an AR are out.  If I had the cash (short right now), the steel parts of my AR (hell all my guns) would be Melonited.
I had my gun processed here: Burlington Eng.

Back on topic: Magazines
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#39]
So theses magazines will be available after the Shot Show?  Ill be interested in getting a few. A little cheaper than the HK mags that Ive been buying. I hope that they are as good.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#40]
The SS magazines will be available STARTING 2-9-06. Thant's opening day of the Shot Show.

CP
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The SS magazines will be available STARTING 2-9-06. Thant's opening day of the Shot Show.

CP

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#43]
To all,
Cosmetic issues cleaned up. Mags will be shipped for evaluation on Thursday. Thanks in advance for your patience and for helping us launch this new product. This mag will be standard with the black finish.

Larry
C Products
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Will you be offering just the magazine body like you do with the Aluminum ones on your website?  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Hi James,
Yes we will. They are on the web currently, last page in magazine section.

CP
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#46]
tochhc235:
What is the maximum over all length you can seat bullets out to for your SS magazine. Is it still the standard 2.260" or will it be a little more.

Thanks
 Joe
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Joe,
If I put the SS mag and an aluminum side by side you would not be able to tell the difference. They are exactly the same. The weight difference is 1.6 ounces. These mags are very slick. The black finish looks great. We are very excited about these mags and we believe that when you buy one, you will be to.

CP
Larry
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Joe,
If I put the SS mag and an aluminum side by side you would not be able to tell the difference. They are exactly the same. The weight difference is 1.6 ounces. These mags are very slick. The black finish looks great. We are very excited about these mags and we believe that when you buy one, you will be to.

CP
Larry

Thanks for the quick reply. If I understand you correctly the SS flat stock you are using is the same gage as the aluminum mags and all dimensions are the same. This is why the weight increase by 1.6 ounces.

As you probably figured out I reload my own cartridges and thought you SS mags may have used a smaller gage resulting in more internal over all length. This would help out with some bullet types in the .223 and 6X45mm cartridges.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Joe,
The length and width are the same. There are many slight dimensional changes. I really can't go in to it more than that. It just looks like our aluminum 30. Try it, you'll like it.

Larry
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#50]
so by the looks of it, these are going to be offered soon! are you doing a pre-order thing, or do we just wait till they're released?
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top