BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My 3 gun rifle 16" middy is pretty rough with the Miculek comp on it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know if it's louder than the Miculek... but this one looks pretty aggressive:

www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/staticpages/highres/243819.jpg

It is, very nasty even after 24 inches of barrel on my JP Ent upper.

Damned thing redirects so much blast back at the shooter that in 10 years of owning my JP gun I have shot it without hearing protection exactly 2 times.    First time was to see how bad it was, 2nd time was totally on accident and I cursed profusely afterwards.

Here's my vote^^
I've got one on a 16" barrel , and it's pretty bad with regular .223 ; friggin HORRIBLE with NATO rounds.  It'll crush a beer can if you put it next to the brake and fire a shot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster AK Brake.  hated that thing!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used the JP, Miculek, Smith Enterprise and most recently this Sabre Defence Brake.  I think the Miculek on a 16" midlength was the most obnoxious.  I haven't tested the Sabre yet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
why the need for the attention?  not an insult, just a question.

Not really a "need" its a "just for FUN" thing. the 10 inch always brings people over and they usally want to shoot it, and I;m happy to let them.

Noise is no differant than muzzel flash or recoil, its just fun to manipulate it.

I'm going to run a BetaC threw it tommorow at the Fun Gun Shoot and maybe video it just for kicks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
how much do these muzzle devices cost?  how much louder are they than my stock muzzle device?

i got the standard a2 flash hider on my RRA and have thought of swapping it out.

could some1 post a price or links (or both!) for this Mini-y, Miculek, etc...

thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
how much do these muzzle devices cost?  how much louder are they than my stock muzzle device?

i got the standard a2 flash hider on my RRA and have thought of swapping it out.

could some1 post a price or links (or both!) for this Mini-y, Miculek, etc...

thanks in advance!

mostly between $50-$100 and you can find them in many of the sponsors above stores
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I paid about $30 for my Miculek. I should have bought a couple more. Midway might carry them still.
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Galil .308, which I like to bust out when I'm in the mood to blow up people's ears. 25 round mags - so, you're making some noise. In fact, maybe I'll drag it to the range tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Mini y, or an AK brake. They both get the lines attention.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Any one have one of these JP breaks? lools like they are heavy and oversized but I bet they bark. Anybody shot one?
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/images/RifleShark.JPG

Tromix Shark Brake- I just got one of these in .223 for my SBR build for the same reason- for all the poeple who think .223 has no power.

I doubt anything is as loud as that brake. A friend has one and it will give you a headache quick.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#13]
The old Bushmaster AK brake rates way up there, it's just stupid loud.

My shooting crony Punani has a DNTC brake on his shorty - we laughingly call it "The Annoyer"......  

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I know this is kind of an old thread, but after having heard the AK break next to jerrys break it was close but Jerrry came out on top for volume I think,  still waiting for the ringing to stop
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know this is kind of an old thread, but after having heard the AK break next to jerrys break it was close but Jerrry came out on top for volume I think,  still waiting for the ringing to stop

So the Miculek wins huh?

just for the record, did you ever get a chance to try out the mini-y?

...???

I said, DID YOU EVER GET A CHANCE TO TRY THE MINI-Y ????

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#16]
this just brings up bad memories of forgetting to put on my hearing protection, when shooting my browning 300 win mag with the boss break, very very very loud!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#17]

+1
Besides, it just looks evil...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#18]
The JP break is great. I can do one hand full auto beta dumps with the JP break on a 7.5" barrel. It feals like you get slapped in the forehead as each round goes off. Huge fireball and VERY loud.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Another vote for the Mini-Y Comp.

I was next to someone on and off for three fucking days during a carbine class. By the end of day one I was ready to shiv that bastard. By the end of day three I was both homicidal and suicidal.

The worst part was this guy was supposedly a LEO using a department Bushmaster-so he could have had any muzzle device he wanted, even during the ban.

The very best part of the Mini-Y is all the shit that gets blown into your face when you're next to one-not just the excessive noise
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am actually looking for a flash enhancer my self....

There is someone who makes a "brake" specifically for that - It makes the awfullest ball of flame at the muzzle ..... I'll try to find it.

ETA: OK, it's the DeGroat Flash Enhancer Link

That's crazy and useless!  I like it
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is someone who makes a "brake" specifically for that - It makes the awfullest ball of flame at the muzzle ..... I'll try to find it.

Looks like a lot more fun than a loud brake!  Of course at $150 it better be!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the Miculek wins huh?

just for the record, did you ever get a chance to try out the mini-y?

...???

I said, DID YOU EVER GET A CHANCE TO TRY THE MINI-Y ????

Not yet, I have to either buy one of find sombody who will let me borrow theirs.

What I really need is a sound meter of some sort to see exactly how many DB's each 1 kicks out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow that thing is crazy!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
mini Y-comp is pretty damn loud and will blast anyone standing next to or behind you.  I had one and I called it a mini whine-comp due to all the complaints around me.  I have to admit that is an awesome break that really works, be it very anoying.  I have a Phantom now and love it more.

+1 On the mini Y comp. It practically made my ears bleed through my normally good ear pro. I sold it on the EE after one range session.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top