Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Way cool?  Can we expect MSS prices?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm getting ready to build a hog gun and this stock with or without the recoil management system would be perfect if, as it appears to be, it can handle heavy recoiling calibers like .458 Socom and .50 Beowulf.

Way cool.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you pull the stock back to your prefered lop? using the latch?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Good stuff!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I NEED 3 OF THESE! and oh yeah that hidden compartment is good for hiding credit card bills
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Well........... I like my M93B, but I'm in for at least one. And a CTR.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
just when i was going to buy an M93, i dont want to wait. guess ill have to get the old and the new
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]
What software do you use to design with.  Nice product-

Jason
Industrial Designer
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#10]
now thats a good lookin' sum bitch!!!!

93B has a little brother out there.......somewhere......now hurry it up already.  This friggin SHOT show thing aggrevates me to no end.  Get back to work......
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Pretty cool.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#12]
im buying one...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I knew there was a reason I haven't bought a Magpul stock yet. . .
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Me likey
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]
 Am I the only one that likes the looks of the original M93B better?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh-de-la!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
 Am I the only one that likes the looks of the original M93B better?

nope.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I have an M93B.  While it is a well made and solid stock, I have never gotten use to the cheek weld as it has a sharper edge than most stocks.  This stock looks like it will fix that problem for me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Still don't see anything this stock will do that the 93B won't.

I do however note that it lacks a strike plate, and that was definately a conversation starter on rangeday.

Well aside from the compartment.

But that's "optional."
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have an M93B.  While it is a well made and solid stock, I have never gotten use to the cheek weld as it has a sharper edge than most stocks.  This stock looks like it will fix that problem for me.

i also had a problem w/ the 93b's check weld.  i have a round face and the magpul never fit me as well.  i prefer the lmt crane or vltor style.  but, i always like the solid feeling of the magpul.  hopefully this new stock would work for me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#22]
very nice
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Hella cool, it looks like some futuristic robot weapon accessory. The way it collapses down to look like a stubby fixed stock reminds me of the XM607s.

Do you have any pictures attached to a whole AR?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:12:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The internal recoil system will be optional if it even makes it into the final design.

Cool deal
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:20:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like I'm gonna have to buy 2. One to use, and the second just because it's cool.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Gimme a minute with your M93B and I'll change your mind on that when I hand it back in more than one piece  

Good job, Magpul, this looks great.  It does pretty much anything I could think of wanting a general purpose AR stock to do, and it looks like it will be solid.  I'll definitely be trying some out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks frigging sweet; Oh, and I bet it'll look killer on a shotgun as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#29]
deer magpul,

the stock looks great, but could you please come up with a folding mecanism that would allow it to fold on the new sig 556

this stock would be a perfect replacment for the original

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#30]
MESSAGE TO ALL CURRENT & POTENTIAL STOCK DESIGNERS:

Stocks must have storage capability for batteries and/or ear plugs.

These are mission-essential items now.

Right on Magpul!  hippie.gif
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks cool.  What is the planned price point?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#33]
I want one!

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I really like the clean and simple look the new stock.  I can't wait to see how heavy it is and find out what the price is.  I'm not sure yet if I'll be upgrading my M93B, but I won't be surprised if I do.

Maybe I just need a new rifle to up this on....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Gimme a minute with your M93B and I'll change your mind on that when I hand it back in more than one piece  

Good job, Magpul, this looks great.  It does pretty much anything I could think of wanting a general purpose AR stock to do, and it looks like it will be solid.  I'll definitely be trying some out.

I thought the idea was to do everything the M93B did, but in a package that could be mass produced, or at least more easily assembled...this according to the original thread announcing it's developement...

And I respectfully but totally disagree with on-rifle battery storage being "Mission Essential". At least not as long as you have pockets...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#37]
I imagine price will be right around what the M93 goes for. . .around $200.  Not cheap, but similar to other stocks out there with the same features.

As for batteries--if you have a light or a laser on your rifle you need a place for extra batteries.  It's either in the grip or the stock.  My rifle is going to spend a lot of time in the safe until SHTF comes.  I want to have extra batteries--and ear protection--available in a grab and go situation.

My wife was confronted by a stranger on our street on Sunday night.  She screamed and ran inside.  The guy ran off.  I ran out with my Glock and my SureFire.  Batteries were dead.  Damn!  To my amazement the cops were there within two minutes (they were cruising on the other street when they got the call).  The stranger was a stupid teenager looking for a friends house.  He was in the back of the patrol car sobbing and crying and maybe even peeing in his pants. Note to stupid teenagers--do not walk up to a lone female on a dark street and ask what time it is.  When the lone female says "I don't know" don't step closer.  The result in this case was a Glock in the face.  Moron.

Where was I?  Oh, yes!  I can't keep extra batteries in my pistol or on my flashlight, but I can keep them in my rifle--if it has storage.  Did I just make a short story really long?

Hope I didn't highjack the thread.  hock.gif

P.S.  The next day I ordered a 12 pack of SureFire lithium batteries.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#38]
NICE

MagPul clearly not only has the market for their products figured out... they've got designers that "get it" as well. Everything's ergonomic, functional, and looks great.

-MagPul fan for life (PRS, MIAD, Magazine Pull owner)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I imagine price will be right around what the M93 goes for. . .around $200.  Not cheap, but similar to other stocks out there with the same features.

As for batteries--if you have a light or a laser on your rifle you need a place for extra batteries.  It's either in the grip or the stock.  My rifle is going to spend a lot of time in the safe until SHTF comes.  I want to have extra batteries--and ear protection--available in a grab and go situation.

My wife was confronted by a stranger on our street on Sunday night.  She screamed and ran inside.  The guy ran off.  I ran out with my Glock and my SureFire.  Batteries were dead.  Damn!  To my amazement the cops were there within two minutes (they were cruising on the other street when they got the call).  The stranger was a stupid teenager looking for a friends house.  He was in the back of the patrol car sobbing and crying and maybe even peeing in his pants. Note to stupid teenagers--do not walk up to a lone female on a dark street and ask what time it is.  When the lone female says "I don't know" don't step closer.  The result in this case was a Glock in the face.  Moron.

Where was I?  Oh, yes!  I can't keep extra batteries in my pistol or on my flashlight, but I can keep them in my rifle--if it has storage.  Did I just make a short story really long?

Hope I didn't highjack the thread.  

Putting a "Glock in the face" by you in that circumstance under Texas law was a crime by YOU and only YOU. You are the moron if you produce a handgun in public with no defined crime occuring that allows it.  Stepping closer to someone is not a crime.
Dont keep dead batteries in a defensive weapon.  They will keep most of their charge for 10 years if you dont play with them then leave the partially charged batteries in there.

Cant wait for pics of a real finished product on a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like I need to save for a CTR and UBR...I have a love/hate relationship with Magpul.  

I love their wares, but I hate how they deplete my funds.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
deer magpul,

the stock looks great, but could you please come up with a folding mecanism that would allow it to fold on the new sig 556

this stock would be a perfect replacment for the original

I agree!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry for getting off topic...

Quoted:

Quoted:
...My wife was confronted by a stranger on our street on Sunday night...The result in this case was a Glock in the face.  Moron.

Hope I didn't highjack the thread.  hock.gif

Putting a "Glock in the face" by you in that circumstance under Texas law was a crime by YOU and only YOU....

Not exactly correct if he felt there was potential his wife was in danger.  Texas law permits a person to respond in such a manner to avoid imminent harm to themselves or others.

PC §9.22. NECESSITY. Conduct is justified if:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the conduct is immediately necessary
to avoid imminent harm;
(2) the desirability and urgency of avoiding the harm clearly outweigh,
according to ordinary standards of reasonableness, the harm
sought to be prevented by the law proscribing the conduct; and
(3) a legislative purpose to exclude the justification claimed for the
conduct does not otherwise plainly appear.

PC §9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b),
a person is justified in using force against another when and to the
degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to
protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful
force.  [trailing details ommitted for space]

PC §9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON. A person is justified in
using force or deadly force against another to protect a third person if:
(1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes
them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31 or 9.32 in
using force or deadly force to protect himself against the unlawful force
or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes to be threatening the
third person he seeks to protect; and
(2) the actor reasonably believes that his intervention is immediately
necessary to protect the third person.

So what does all this mean?  It means that you COULD be arrested in such a scenario and be required to defend your actions in court.  In your case the officer clearly thought your actions met the statutory criteria and didn't pursue it further.  If he did think you were overzealous, he could have arrested you and left it for the DA to decide whether or not to prosecute.  If you truely felt your wife was in danger most reasonable people would consider your actions justified.  In Texas, you are not obligated to retreat and defend as a last resort - for you or your wife.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#45]
I have never had any interest what so ever for the M93,..... but I LIKE the looks of this design!

Good work MagPul, a good Engineer/Designer is never afraid to try something different.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Taggage for an update.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#47]
My future business with Magpul will depend on how well they support owners of current products. I own an M93B and would like to see company support for that unit before I would buy anything else.

The butt has holes for an integtaed butt pad yet Magpul does not appear like they will ever make one.  I have sent inquiries about this but I received no replies.

I acknowledge their quality and innovation but I just don't feel comfortable with a company that orphans owners of it's previous models.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I acknowledge their quality and innovation but I just don't feel comfortable with a company that orphans owners of it's previous models.

Well, I've never seen Magpul orphan owners of previous models. Even though I owned an original M93 (not M93A, A2, or B), Magpul still had a program where I could return the stock and upgrade to the latest model at a very reasonable price.

I just never took advantage of it because I was already quite pleased with the product I had.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#49]
tag
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top