Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently chronoed some M193 through my 16" barrel and got 3,100ish fps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i'll be interested to see if the civi version of m193 velocity goes back up. wasnt the federal xm193 down to 3100-and-change thru a 20"?

$355 at CTD for 1000 rounds! yikes...
I recently chronoed some M193 through my 16" barrel and got 3,100ish fps.
oh ya... maybe i'm thinking of the IMI m193 stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
1,2,3 are basically correct.

Don’t think of non-government bought product as second tier. While that can be true it’s certainly not the normal case.  Think of it in terms of “plant capacity.”   We can run X amount.  Gov buys Y. What’s left the operator can fill with commercial orders.

Federal (Vista) doesn’t run Lake City.  Northrop currently does (they bought the company that had the expiring contract). Federal currently gets most of the excess capacity...sort of a first right of refusal thing but not exactly.  (Further complication and some source of confusion is Federal’s company was part the company Northrop bought at in the past.  That leads to the confusion that Federal currently is anything but a customer of Northrop.

Olin buys current M193 capacity from Lake City. Federal has no part in that transaction.

Olin Winchester will have the plant starting October 1st.  What they choose to do with extra capacity will be their choice.

Make sense?
View Quote
For the most part, yes. Thanks for clarifying.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top