Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got one to lose if someone in this thread wants it.  need a flip down instead.

I'm interested, email sent.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've had two LaRue BUIS.  They're the best you can get if you want a fixed sight.  I don't buy them anymore.  Making it same-plane is $25, and I'm not completely satisfied with the Ashley/XS very much because of the aperture sizes.  That put me at $115 and I wasn't completely content.  I've settled on paying the extra $25 for a Troy and just leaving it up.  It also provides flexability if/when you want to buy a magnified optic and occasionally use it on different weapons.

THe ASHLEY SP  is made for a Carbine and CQ

the GHOST RING WORKS Great

The Long range Ap could be a Tad smaller!

IS THERE A DIFFERENT SAME PLANE AP FOR 25 BUCKS

I bought my ASHLEY for my A1 Bushy Carbine back in 2001
they cost ALOT with shipping added like 35bucks
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice and well made, but doesn't fold, therefore I wouldn't consider it.  Hint to LaRue:  Make a folding BUIS.

Well, it doesn't say LaRue on it, but there is a new folder on the horizon. With luck you'll see pictures of it in a week or so. And you'll like it.

Really?  It'd have to be absolutely exceptional to make me give up my Troys.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice and well made, but doesn't fold, therefore I wouldn't consider it.  Hint to LaRue:  Make a folding BUIS.

Well, it doesn't say LaRue on it, but there is a new folder on the horizon. With luck you'll see pictures of it in a week or so. And you'll like it.

Really?  It'd have to be absolutely exceptional to make me give up my Troys.

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Jeff, can you take a closer picture of the bottom of your rails, specifically how it looks with the cut TD panels?

I've been thinking about cutting mine but I just can't bring my self to break out the hacksaw & sandpaper...

I used an 80 tooth Trim blade in a Compund Mitre Saw and my TD panels came out really nice. I have used the same on my KAC panels as well. Once done just sand the edges a bit and you will have a very clean rail panel chop job.

ETA: For a fixed BUIS, there is only one choice.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Jeff, can you take a closer picture of the bottom of your rails, specifically how it looks with the cut TD panels?

I've been thinking about cutting mine but I just can't bring my self to break out the hacksaw & sandpaper...

I used an 80 tooth Trim blade in a Compund Mitre Saw and my TD panels came out really nice. I have used the same on my KAC panels as well. Once done just sand the edges a bit and you will have a very clean rail panel chop job.

ETA: For a fixed BUIS, there is only one choice.

theconnzzzz.net/7-9-2006_013.jpg

Go down to your local hobby shop. The one that sells model airplanes and such. The Xacto company, the one that makes knives and such, makes a small aluminum mitre box. It is usually sold with a razor saw for less then ten bucks. With it you can cut your panels straight and true.

And your gun looks like mine. Except I'm running a LaRue 7.0 instead.

Lance', I already have one of those for my 1/35 Armor, and tried it first, but didn't like the results to be honest.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]
mine seems to "get the job done" it is a BUIS, i rarely use mine anymore after i got it sighted in

ignoor the 2 guns to the right of it ;)
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Fell out of the safe and went 6'' out of zero at 50 yards.

Was not happy.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Black rifles and Tamiya. A terrible mix for the budget.

Tell me about it. The Wife can readily see the use/worth vs. the money spent on AR's and accepts it. Then she looks at receipts for Tamiya and Academy plastic, the mods and supplies to build them, and loses her mind.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top