Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Grant, or what ever you are, your nonsense personal attacks are are a disgrace. Your attacks on a so called by you"POS"book, is a 375 pg. book that  has contributors from all makers of the weapons that this forum is all about. To attack our  military's contributions to it,  and histotical documents from industry and gov't records, just exemplfies how little you want to help the membership, just yourself to their pockets, and that Black Rifle 2 book does contain real facts from real industry not your little work shop, and that you hope members don't find out. To attasck that book as a POS, is as dumb a thing as I have ever seen. All those companies and goverment records are wrong and your right, WOW!
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Grant, you hypocrite, since when did you care about ARMS good name, you do nothing but attack them with bogus nonsense that flies in the face of documented facts, so you can sell something different!
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Look, this thread has good info on what seems to be a good new product... There's entirely too much bull crap going on in the AR boards, the optics and mounts section in particular, and it is going to stop.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look, this thread has good info on what seems to be a good new product... There's entirely too much bull crap going on in the AR boards, the optics and mounts section in particular, and it is going to stop.

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I shure wish a certain instagator would stop, for mine and everyone elses comfort and knowledge.
Good shootin, Jack (not the dick)
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#10]

I don't attack ARMS, but the idiot that keeps pushing their gear! Also, let me when those documented facts show up (and no you cannot use the book that ARMS sponsored)!

C4

I rest my case! (1)"Idiot"                                                                                                                       (2)I read the black rifle book, and it was published in Cannada and printed in the USA. There is no sponsor listed in the the book, it has info from evey maker of AR15's/16's, and ARMS don't make them, so how anyone can make a false statment that ARMS sponsored it is beyond any rational., especially since the military suppliers and competitors of ARMS are all listed and documented by all type sources. Just another bogus, made up nonsense about ARMS that C4 always fosters unfounded attacks on.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I am currently running a Z2 combat light with the fobus mount and the GG&G offset light mount.  Later on I plan on upgrading to dedicated SF weapon light. How would this setup compare to the new LaRue mount? Dont care about which is better quality mount, just about light placement.
And heres a suggestion. Mabey the mods could tack up a C4i Grant bashing thread so that everytime he informs us of a new product the bashers can go to that thread and bash away while the product thread is reserved for question and statements dealing with the product.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Grant, I think the best you can do right now is simply ignore the crap.

To try and get this back on topic, is there any hope for us cheapasses running G2's for a Larue mount?

I'd love to have a throw lever for my lights, and Larue has the best out there.  Even if the mount costs more than the light

Relay the message for us, and see what can be done :-)
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#13]
oh shesh
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Now I have to UNSUBSCRIBE? Dammit!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have seen close mounting before, but since most weapons are used by holding the hand guard and space is required for hands, too close is a big problem. Lights are generally turned on via two methods, tape switch, or the on off button, but issue devices what ever it is, don't interfere with being able to get a good grip on the weapon, not a flash light. Hence a stand off like Shurfire use with the #17 for their military contracts.
Jack

The observation I made is not nonsense, it is a requrerment that has been followed for several years. Anyone can make a light closer, I point out the down side as exemplfied by what the military have been buying for all round use and why.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:50:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have seen close mounting before, but since most weapons are used by holding the hand guard and space is required for hands, too close is a big problem. Lights are generally turned on via two methods, tape switch, or the on off button, but issue devices what ever it is, don't interfere with being able to get a good grip on the weapon, not a flash light. Hence a stand off like Shurfire use with the #17 for their military contracts.
Jack

The observation I made is not nonsense, it is a requrerment that has been followed for several years. Anyone can make a light closer, I point out the down side as exemplfied by what the military have been buying for all round use and why. Oh by the way, I don't see any personal attacks, or attacks on hardware, I point out light placment leaving room for hands holding a weapon.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#22]
There is no mention from me about foward pistol grips, my reference is to handling the hand guard that most troops use, most do not have or use only foward pistol grips.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
There is no mention from me about foward pistol grips, my reference is to handling the hand guard that most troops use, most do not have or use only foward pistol grips.
Jack

Would you please go away... you're really starting to annoy me. Everytime I go to read a post about a new product, you're turning it into a pissing contest. GET LOST!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Mabey the mods could tack up a C4i Grant bashing thread so that everytime he informs us of a new product the bashers can go to that thread and bash away while the product thread is reserved for question and statements dealing with the product.

It might work if certain mod(s) would actually keep 3rdtk's bashing in those threads.  But I couldn't see that happening.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Grant, I think the best you can do right now is simply ignore the crap.

To try and get this back on topic, is there any hope for us cheapasses running G2's for a Larue mount?

I'd love to have a throw lever for my lights, and Larue has the best out there.  Even if the mount costs more than the light

Relay the message for us, and see what can be done :-)

This mount is designed to work with the SF weaponlights. LT is also working on a cantilevered light mount that has a 1" ring at the end. So you will be able to use your G2 with it...

C4

I will buy one when this comes out.  Thank you.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I will ask again since I never saw it answered.  Will there be a unit to replace the crappy ARMS throw levers on our M900s with worn out friction pads?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
LT will be making a mount to replace your "crappy" mount...

C4

I just wish they would hurry up and stock the shit they already developed, like an ACOG mount.

Geez.......
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
LT will be making a mount to replace your "crappy" mount...

C4

I just wish they would hurry up and stock the shit they already developed, like an ACOG mount.

Geez.......

LOL, yes I will pass your message along to them....

C4

Make sure you NOTE to them that you offered to sell me an ARMS #19ACOG, at a really good price, but I am WAITING to buy LaRue because of the superior lever retention design...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
thanks so much...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top