Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
M-lok just because it looks better.  I think both systems work fine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I currently have a Keymod on my rifle since I got it for about 75 bucks cheaper than if I'd bought it new. I have always liked the looks of the pict rails but thought I'd try something new and since I only have one AR at the moment I had to do something with the factory blastic things called handguards. I do run mlok on an AK so who knows what I'll end up doing in the future but right now I'm more than happy with the Keymod.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:18:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Key mod looks like dicks
And mlok looks like squares.
Bout all the info I got.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you are happy with your rifle now leave it be. The big thing with mlok and keymod is the free float tubes can be slimmer and lighter. Since most of the rail areas would never end up actually being used you can just not have them on the gun.

A lot of stuff still ends up on a rail adapter. Since many rails are available in both you can always look at what accessories you plan on running and see which ones are available in either to direct mount to the new system.
View Quote
Unless you have an issue with weight, the pic rails will be the most solid by far.

Mlok seems to be more durable than KM in testing but for most people it is kind of moot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I could magically turn my KM rails into Mlok, I would in a heartbeat.
View Quote
Funny you mentioned that. Last week I ordered two BCM MCMR rails, and a MLOK NSR to replace my KM rails by the same manufacturers. It was an easy swap since they use the same barrel nuts I already had installed. I already had MLOK rails on other rifles and knew I preferred that mounting system, but I just loved the BCM and Noveske rails so much I didn't mind KM in those cases. Now that they offer the same rails in MLOK it was a no brainer.

Overall I much prefer MLOK, but KM has one advantage and that's the mounting depth required behind the rail. KM accessories don't seem to protrude at all under the rail, whereas MLOK can give some interference around gas blocks and the like. That said, MLOK bests KM in every other way...mounting strength, return to zero, feel, looks, etc. Keymod will be dead within a couple years.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I like my keymod upper

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top