User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see any reason at all to lock this thread and I would like to see Ken mend fences with us. I think it would be to everyones benefit. Appreciate everything Tina has had to say but Ken should be the one doing it, all things considered. I know Ed Sr locked his account but that is easy to get around. Ed Sr is also a stand up guy, held in high regard around here and I'm sure would be glad to talk to Ken about it. My 2 cents.

Tina, thanks for giving a rip.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]

So how about it, Ken?

An apology, or an assumption that all your previous insults still stand, despite what your wife has posted.

Which is it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, just cause the other thread is locked, I'll chime in here.    I don't have anything to do with ken- i have never ordered from him, never met him, never knew about his business before these threads, personally don't like colt stuff anyhow, you get the picture.

I do think that this does begin to make up for some things that Ken said in the past. Now, his wife comes here to "mend fences". I say "Great". This is what we all were wanting from Ken anyways - to show us respect and to value us as customers. Tina is doing this.
View Quote

You guys don't get it, do you?    If you want to be a customer that gets good service, call them up and place an order, its that simple. (make it over $50)    If you want Ken to value you as a customer,   FRICKEN BUY THINGS FROM HIM!!!   DON'T TELL HIM TO TREAT YOU NICE AND THEN YOU MIGHT BUY SOMETHING FROM HIM.

Why do you want him to respect you?   he doesn't even care who you are, unless you are buying something from him, ie you are his customer.    Do i want the person at sears to respect me?    who cares?   i just go in, buy my stuff, get on with life.

An apology, or an assumption that all your previous insults stand
View Quote

why don't you go back and read the thread again.    Tell me that there isn't a way to read his "insults" to only apply to the morons on this board.     Do you consider yourself a moron?    No?   Well, maybe the "insults" (truth) doesn't apply to you then.

You guys crack me up- its like you want to form "relationships"   with your auto parts store employee, or something.

originally posted by ar15fan
Wow. Come to a website with 40,000 members and insult them all.
View Quote

Mister master of the english language, himself.   this is from the person that stated that ken was editing his posts, and when called on that piece of bs, switched to say he was deleting his posts.    go back to that thread, and read the posts, they are all numbered sequentially, with nothing missing, ie he didn't delete all his posts.

Maybe, just maybe, he didn't insult the board in its entirety, just the thin-skinned, internet commando,  non customer mob that jumped on the bandwagon and started spouting bs out of all orifices about ken and business and personal life.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditto.

I [b]HAVE[/b] purchaced from him, and [b]SPOKE[/b] with Tina personally. So I can include myself totally in this thread, and the other.
I [b]didn't[/b] feel insulted at all. I [b]did[/b] get great service from them. I [b]Will[/b] buy from them again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Place my first order starting about two month ago, first I got a Colt large round forward assist, then two M4 castle nut for the buffer tube, and last week ten sets of gas rings. the total order probably just barely peak 130 dollars total. Tina was always nice and helpful, treated me like I was a big customer.  knew who I was and had all my information on file for a superb and speedy customer service.  

I have no beef with SAW, the thead got out of hand and let's just move on.  if you felt you were insulted by Ken, then don't buy anything from him, there is plenty of parts dealers on line. let's get off this and move on to greener pasture.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]
You can say what you want, and maybe he is  great to his customers, I'm not arguing that; but a bigger man would have apologized for the things he posted about the members of this forum.

"do not let the sun set on your anger"
- Ephesians 4:14
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ken just got back from teaching at the Spokane Police Training Center in WA and asked me to post the following for him:

"If you people are waiting for an apology, bring a lunch - it ain't gonna happen!  I reread the whole thread on Friday and found out that my account had been locked.  I did not see a single thing in my posts that I would change, edit, or delete.  I may have run my Infantry mouth bold, but I was never reckless.  (I did not have to resort to dribbles of profanity either - remember, I went to college.)  I also don't claim to speak for 40,000 or even 40.  There are an overabundance of anonymous toads on this board - and if any of you want to include yourself in this group, that's up to YOU!

Yes, there are also some great guys who read this board, but they already knew that I was not speaking to them.

For those of you no-name soft-shoes that were 'offended' by the term 'computer geek' - that's just tough!  Although remember this, when I am out here in the vast nothingness of cyber-space with you, I am a computer geek too!

The original thread started over customer service - here it is in a nutshell.  If you are a solid stand-up individual, welcome to my (mostly LE & Gov't sales)company, and I hope you will become another good friend.  On the other hand, if you are just some low-budget problem-child looking for a place to whine, complain of feel 'victimized,' go away and do not contaminate my company AO with your time consuming ineptitude - we do appreciate it.

One apology that I would like to make is to Mid-South Tactical.  I have heard nothing but positive things about Wes and the guys.  I did not know that MSTN was Mid-South Tactical.  I often get this name confused with Midsouth Shooters Supply, also in Tennessee - The Great Volunteer State!

Okay, you may continue your anonymous personal insults and disinformation.  I want to see which one of my 'friend's' wives I will get to sleep with next!

Carry On,

Ken Elmore
The arrogant, conceited, pompous, condescending jackass who should shut his pie-hole and not fight with the little people of ARFCOM.

I am so controversial that I have now been personally banned in 23 States and on AR15.com.

Thank you all for the huge positive response to the original 'circus' thread; the extra, unplanned business; and free advertising - keep up the good work & go all out!"
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL
I agree with Ken though. It IS a good thing we have Wes here!

I'm outta here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ken just got back from teaching at the Spokane Police Training Center in WA and asked me to post the following for him:

"If you people are waiting for an apology, bring a lunch - it ain't gonna happen!  I reread the whole thread on Friday and found out that my account had been locked.  I did not see a single thing in my posts that I would change, edit, or delete.  I may have run my Infantry mouth bold, but I was never reckless.  (I did not have to resort to dribbles of profanity either - remember, I went to college.)  I also don't claim to speak for 40,000 or even 40.  There are an overabundance of anonymous toads on this board - and if any of you want to include yourself in this group, that's up to YOU!

Yes, there are also some great guys who read this board, but they already knew that I was not speaking to them.

For those of you no-name soft-shoes that were 'offended' by the term 'computer geek' - that's just tough!  Although remember this, when I am out here in the vast nothingness of cyber-space with you, I am a computer geek too!

The original thread started over customer service - here it is in a nutshell.  If you are a solid stand-up individual, welcome to my (mostly LE & Gov't sales)company, and I hope you will become another good friend.  On the other hand, if you are just some low-budget problem-child looking for a place to whine, complain of feel 'victimized,' go away and do not contaminate my company AO with your time consuming ineptitude - we do appreciate it.

One apology that I would like to make is to Mid-South Tactical.  I have heard nothing but positive things about Wes and the guys.  I did not know that MSTN was Mid-South Tactical.  I often get this name confused with Midsouth Shooters Supply, also in Tennessee - The Great Volunteer State!

Okay, you may continue your anonymous personal insults and disinformation.  I want to see which one of my 'friend's' wives I will get to sleep with next!

Carry On,

Ken Elmore
The arrogant, conceited, pompous, condescending jackass who should shut his pie-hole and not fight with the little people of ARFCOM.

I am so controversial that I have now been personally banned in 23 States and on AR15.com.

Thank you all for the huge positive response to the original 'circus' thread; the extra, unplanned business; and free advertising - keep up the good work & go all out!"
View Quote

Here's to Ken![beer]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's to Ken [puke] at Specialized Armament.
Here's to MSTN [beer]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I took a carbine operator's course recently with the renowned Pat Rogers.  We shot nearly 1000 rounds in three days and my Colt had no problems.  Nevertheless, I'd put several thousand rounds through the gun in training over the last year and I anticipated the need for a good armorer and parts supplier.  Pat recommended Specialized Armament.

Between hearing from Ken and Tina, I was able to decide upon certain upgrades to my rifle.  They also provided me with a list of recommended spare parts, should I be unable to get the rifle out to them for service.  My experience was outstanding; Ken and Tina are professional and courteous.  I spent $400 with them last week and when the time comes, I'll spend more for their Level V rebuild and refurbish.

I've been coming to this site for sometime, and it is about average on the signal-to-noise ratio for websites with a forum format.  I read all the posts on Specialized Armament before patronizing the business.  Why?  It was clear to me that Ken's criticisms of some here did not apply wholesale to the 40k + members of the site, let alone me.  Those who continue to belittle and defame go beyond this: [beathorse], they diminish themselves and this site.

Thank you, Ken, for being in business and supporting our right to bear arms.

Como siempre,

El_Abogado
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

...If you people are waiting for an apology, bring a lunch - it ain't gonna happen! ...

...There are an overabundance of anonymous toads on this board.. .

...For those of you no-name soft-shoes that were 'offended' by the term 'computer geek' - that's just tough!...

...if you are just some low-budget problem-child looking for a place to whine, complain of feel 'victimized,' go away and do not contaminate my company AO with your time consuming ineptitude...

Ken Elmore

View Quote

Funny thing is, that last bit of sarcasm actually rings true. Couldn't have said it better myself, being one of the "Little" people of ARFCOM.

If there was any doubt that about Ken's true demeanor, there certainly isn't now. What a shame that when HK gets the contract for the SCAR-L and SCAR-H weapons systems (http://w4.pica.army.mil/ccac/ccl/ccl-a/SCAR%20-41402-Gus%20Augstine%20-%20CCL-A.ppt)* that are under development slated to replace the M16 and M4 series 2004-2010, he may find a lot of his government contracts drying up and may have to rely on lowly idiots like the general public to keep his business going.

I for one think the "LITTLE people at ARFCOM", as Ken puts it, are a great bunch (ALL OF THEM), I don't give a damn what he says. I served in the Infantry too, but I don't use it as an excuse for arrogant and condescending behaviour.

* you need microsoft powerpoint or powerpoint viewer to see this document.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#14]
[beathorse]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#15]
_DR Infantry man [puke]:

That's a very interesting cut and paste re-edit of the original post above.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The "..." indicates an excerpt, this is an accepted literary practice when only one source is being quoted.

The arrogant tone of the body of Ken's text does not need to edited or quoted, it speaks for itself.

Your obvious disdain as indicated by vomiting icons is noted, however this is beneath someone who represents a professional business dealing with the US government and the public.

That also speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Since when is editing a message and pasting it back together in a different order an "accepted literary practice."
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I was referring to the use of incomplete sentences in exerpts from an extant document. I have put the excerpts in order per your preference. Excerpts are common in journalism and in literary works.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Man 'o man this keeps going on and on.  Well, I'll keep it going a little further and put in my $0.02.  [;)]

I've only placed one order with SAWLESALES, and I had to cancel it due to other things that arose.  Tina and I emailed several times.  She said she'd keep my info and looked forward to doing business in the future.  She gave me great customer service even though I ended up not buying anything.

Ken Elmore said what was on his mind at the time and he's stickin' to his guns.  I've never met the man, so I'm not going to judge him.  I've been affended by some of the borderline racial slurs one of the Industry Partners wrote and I won't do business with them. If you're presonally affended by what Ken wrote at the time, no worries, there's some great site sponsers with which to do business.  Life's too short.  I don't have any beef with SAW so I'll place my order with them soon knowing that Tina's there and probably running the show anyway.  

Anyway, let's move on to more important things such as why did Stoner use an ejector w/spring that can get full of debris instead of using a more simple fixed piece of metal that'll knock the empty casing out such as those used in weapons like semi-auto pistols and AKs?  (You don't have to actually answer this question.)

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Desert Nomad:

This is a great weapons and technical question concerning the two main ejector systems used in modern auto loading rifles and machine guns... Ken would be glad to answer this question but - he is currently banned from this board.

Tina
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]

he can sign up under a different screen name if he wants - I don't think think they will hold a permanent grudge.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey _DR journalist, the members of this board can read the entire post for themselves.  And they don't need your biased slant on "extant documents" or your democratic sound-bite editing.

Are you trying out for a job at the New York Times or the Communist News Network (CNN)?

Who's really the pompous ass here?

Tina
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow... no apology... no real surprise. [rolleyes]

I guess I stand by my earlier comments then...

If you REALLY have no use for these forums & the people who hang out here, then just go away!!!

Trust me... the memory of your names, business practices, and the commotion that your husband caused will soon fade from our memories.
View Quote

Let's see if Ken can keep from returning here, [b]yet again[/b], to tell us that he doesn't have any use for these forums or our business???

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey _DR journalist, the members of this board can read the entire post for themselves.  And they don't need your biased slant on "extant documents" or your democratic sound-bite editing.

Are you trying out for a job at the New York Times or the Communist News Network (CNN)?

Who's really the pompous ass here?

Tina
View Quote

Again, your complete lack of professionalism and respect as a representative of a defense contractor to our nation is regrettable. I am sorry you cannot see that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:12:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The "..." indicates an excerpt, this is an accepted literary practice when only one source is being quoted.
View Quote

Sir, I write and speak for a living and often use elipses when abbreviating a quote.  It is assuredly not accepted literary practice to use elipses if doing so will place the quote out of context, as you have done.

Criticizing Specialized Armament for its customer service policy is valid and proper.  Making ad hominum attacks and intentionally distorting Mr. Elmore's statements are not. . . .   Under any circumstances.

Again, you diminish yourself and this forum with your words and behavior.  Be a man.  Keep the tone civil and professional, even if you perceive your opponent is not.  If you think he's an ass, it does you (and the rest of us) no good for you to act like one too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
. . . If however, your husband would like to come back around, offer up an apology & acknowledgement that he actually came across like a boorish ass in his posts, then I for one would be willing to accept this act of good faith as proof that is actually the decent fellow that some people say he is.

We have all made mistakes in our lives, and I suppose it is possible that Ken stepped off on the wrong foot the day he decided to post to AR15.com.

I hate to see the gun community infight the way we often do, so if your husband wants to step up to the plate & say "let's start this relationship over" I imagine it would be well received.

For what it's worth...  

View Quote

Funny, certain members of this site attack Mr. Elmore and Specialized Armament, injuring their reputations and potentially affecting the livelihoods of Mr. and Mrs. Elmore, he comes on this site to defend the company and himself, gets jumped on by the same individuals who started the defamatory posts, and you suggest that he should apologize?  Surely you will ask for those nameless individuals who started this matter to come forward and apologize to Mr. Elmore, won't you.  He may have offended their (and your) sense of honor, but they've impuned integrity and attacked his livelihood.

He didn't start this fight.  Why do you expect him apologize for it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#28]
lol..this thread is funny, jus curious why would either one of them keep coming back here. If they dont want our petty business than why bother. Its no loss to us. there will always be other companies to buy from. Even if i was considering ordering from them, i would not now, based on their UNprofessionalism.

As someone stated, they dont have to beg us for their business, but when ya down right put down future customers and lump 40,000 ppl in a general statement, thats jus messed up. I still dont see how someone college educated would go around shooting themselves in the foot, by deliberateing cuttin offer a source of income. Goes to show ya , College education doesnt mean shit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#29]
This thread has been quite entertaining. Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top