Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I've been shot at.  I didn't hear the snap but heard a whoosh like air going by my ear then the thud.  In fact, I didn't even realize it was gunfire until the second shot.
View Quote

How far away where you?   could it have been a subsonic projectile by the time it passed you?   Most of the "snap" sound is from the bullet going faster than the speed of sound and producing a "ballistic crack"

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome shooting Neil! Can I tag along next time you go? I would love to shoot my carbines at that distance.

What range did you go to?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a range is Bradford county, not wuite in Waldo. I hope to go back there first Sunday of January. I dont know if the 600 yard line is open tothe public yet. I'll find out though. I sure hope it is. I REALLY want to see what the SPR can do. Initial results, limited as they are, look promising!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time you do 600 try to do it with no bipod and no rest whatso ever.  Just lay down with your rifle and shoot prone, unsupported.  The inaccuracy will amaze you.  he real question is not what the rifle can do but what the shooter can do.  I cant shoot an M4 4 moa much less 2 moa at 600 with no support.  Care to give it a shot and post results?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll give it a shot sure... Next time I get out there I really want to stretch the legs on the SPR. I hardly got to shoot it at all. But I'll give it a try. I dont expect great results... Let me tell you, with the bipod and sandbag, I was seriously trying to do some hardcore concentration on fundamentals... breathing, trigger pull, sight picture (do you call it the same thing when using a scope?). And with that and some good ammo, all I could muster was just over one moa to slightly under two. Make it harder on me without those supports, and I am sure things will open up big time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
[wow][headbang][hail]new-arguy[hail2][kiss]

I wonder what kind of difference having a new, just broken in 1 in 7 barrel would make with shooting the 77grs. Perhaps you could of gotten the groups a little tighter still?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top