AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I figured I can give them out to the kids on Halloween.  

Oh wait, AGNTSA...

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what really pisses me off over here at ARF.com. A bunch of f*ing stuck up bi-otches that run around the range with the most expensive optics money can buy...then look down their snob noses on us that would rather buy additional rifles and pistols with our hard earned money vs. buying an overpriced piece of glass.
If you have actual experiece with a Hakko and it crapped out on you when you were all mall-ninja'ed up...please post it. If you have a Aimpoint, that you paid more for than my last rifle, and no experience with Hakko's STFU.
This is the only board that I have seen such an attitude of utter snobbery by those who choose to spend more on glass than most spend on rifles. If you choose to do so that is your choice. If I choose to put my money towards rifles that will be banned one day, then buy glass then, that is my choice.
PS> I just received an email from TexasTac. They will be shipping my Hakko on 9 Sep. 04. Only $95!
CHEERS.
KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thats classic!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Jezzus, someone please shoot me to make the pain go away.

If you hate ARFcom so much, why don't you just go away?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Trick or treat!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW,

Up till 2.5 weeks ago I owned a Hakko Tacpoint.  My observations:

1.  Seemed to be of decent construction for a cheap plinking optic.

2.  Took it to the range three times and fired, oh, 600-800 rounds underneath it.  Held zero and worked just fine.

3.  The dot was bright enough for Arizona sunlight, although, I felt is was too fuzzy - even when turned down.

4.  I felt the field of view was a little small and I didn't care for the decidely bluish tint.

So why did I sell it?  I wanted something that would give me CQB sight capabilities AND a level of granularity that would facilitate longer distance shots 200-300 meters.   So, through the magic of the equipment exchange, my TacPoint turned into an EOTech 512 Rev. F with LaRue mount.

I really did think the TacPoint was a good value considering the price point.  Just don't delude yourselves into thinking that it's anywhere near as good as the AimPoint - cause it's not.  Would I ever buy one again?  Sure, but next time it'll go on my kid's Ruger 10/22.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Hm, I don't like the implication that your money is hard earned, while the "beotchs'" money came by easily.  For the last two days I worked 14 hours a day without even a sip of water for a break.  But precisely because I work very hard for it, I buy quality and don't spend it on anything of dubious value.  If you make less money (also your implication), then shouldn't you take care to see to it that it's not wasted?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This is what really pisses me off over here at ARF.com. A bunch of f*ing stuck up bi-otches that run around the range with the most expensive optics money can buy

Whateverrrrrrrrrr!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I originally defended the tacpoint as a possible viable alternative for plinking/range guns, and i still will...at 95 dollars, they seem to be a hell of a deal, especially for something that gives a similar form factor....Maybe you own an AImpointed carbine for homedefense, but have a tacpointed Oly for the range.

therefor you are accustomed to shooting both rifles...but the beater cost a lot less.

Anyhow, I ended up purchasing an Aimpoint M2 AND a trijicon tripower....decided to keep the M2...As the rifle it is going on is my baby, and i wanted nothing but the best for her.  (shh dont tell her, but im buying her a GEMtech for our 3 month anniversary)

Anyhow, the point being, i own, and can appreciate high quality optics.  However, if i had an Oly, or some other beater range gun, i wouldnt hesitate to put a 95 dollar hakkopoint on it and use the rest of the money to buy a bunch of Wolf 223.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#18]
My Hakko Tacpoint should be in tomorrow, and I will check it out to see if it suits MY needs. Basicly to try out the whole "red dot sight thing" to see if it is all it's cracked up to be, without breaking the bank.

Since I'm NOT going to the sandbox, am not an active LEO, and the only real use it will see is at the range or plinking, it should work fine. However, I'm not all that certain if ANY red dot sight is something that I can use.

As for reliability, since it will be set up to cowitness with my iron sights, worst case, if it self destructs into small pieces of glass, plastic and aluminum, I'll still have the irons sighted in to fall back on. And I'm out less than $100 IF it falls apart, or I decide the whole red dot thing is just not for me.

This whole flamefest is silly to the maximum. Some people drive Lexus or Infinity, I drive a 9 year old GMC pickup. It may not be flashy, or as comfortable as a luxury vehicle, but it gets me where I want to go, and doesn't cost me near as much.

Simply put, it's the trip itself, not what you take it with.

As a kid in the 60's I remember the first rifle I bought. A used Sears single shot 22 I paid a neighbor kid $9.00 for and promptly bought a $4.95 7/8 inch clip on 22 scope for it. I got years of enjoyment out of that rifle and learned a lot about shooting from it, before passing it on to a younger brother. Sure I'd have rather had a 10-22, but it was out of my price range at the time.

The little cheap single shot with the cheesy scope served the purpose quite well. We'll see if the Tacpoint does the same for me 40 years later. And should I decide that a red dot type scope is the best thing since sliced bread for ME, it's quite possible I will outgrow the Tacpoint too, and move on to a better sight. If not, then I can sell it for what I paid for it, or nearly so, and no biggie.

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is what really pisses me off over here at ARF.com. A bunch of f*ing stuck up bi-otches that run around the range with the most expensive optics money can buy...

Yeah, but you know Im your favorite fucking stuck up bitch

No...you are just my hero.

KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I got my Tac-point in today from Scopes N More.  The "new" version is the "Tac-Point Blue Ring".
The box is marked "Made in China" and the sight is not marked at all. Now, with that said, these models are definately made in China, but the original, non- blue ring, might be made in Japan. So for all you flamers   who hate the Tac-point, you are right about THIS model being from China. Now, get over it.
I will mount it and shoot it next weekend. I will post results when I do.
My initial impression is good. I will not be replacing my EOTech with this thing, but for  a plinker, I think it may work out just fine. Who knows? Maybe that little red dot will grow on me and I will ditch my 552 for a real AIMPOINT!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I got my Tac-point in today from Scopes N More.  The "new" version is the "Tac-Point Blue Ring".
The box is marked "Made in China" and the sight is not marked at all. Now, with that said, these models are definately made in China, but the original, non- blue ring, might be made in Japan. So for all you flamers   who hate the Tac-point, you are right about THIS model being from China. Now, get over it.
My initial impression is good. I will not be replacing my EOTech with this thing, but for  a plinker, I think it may work out just fine. Who knows? Maybe that little red dot will grow on me and I will ditch my 552 for a real AIMPOINT!!!

The Big Brown Truck brought mine today. Also a "Blue Ring" made in China.

General appearance is very good. Ring and flip up covers included along with spare batteries.

Brightness control has five settings, with positive clicks.

Looking through the scope directly at a ceiling flouresent light from less than three feet away, the dot is starting to be visible on #3 of 5 settings, with it clearly visible on #4

Windage and elevation click adjustmentable with a coin.

Caps on adjustments and battery compartment sealed with rubber o-rings.

Sighting through the scope there IS a faint bluish tinge.

Included ring appears to be solid with 4 allen head screws securing it. Two on top, and two below which will secure it to the rail. One of the lower screws positioned a bit lower to engage cross slot in rail.

Overall.appears to be decent quality and appearance. How well it actually works remains to be seen.

I'll let you know, the good, the bad and the ugly, however it goes.

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Should'nt this be in the Airsoft forum,,,, Oh wait,,,,, we dont have an airsoft forum ,,,,sorry!

Actually, we do:
jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=119

I just ordered one from Ameetec. They seem to have a lot in stock. Just check the EE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Here is your data rbielak..........
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The Big Brown Truck brought mine today. Also a "Blue Ring" made in China.

Overall, appears to be decent quality and appearance. How well it actually works remains to be seen.

Same here (so far).  I had ordered the Tacpoint before I got the info on it's chinese manufacture.  I like cheap stuff, but I don't like helping communists.

I also just picked up an airsoft copy of the cant mount off of ebay (prolly also chinese, dammit). The stock ring is super-low.

I want to see how this all works out for roughly 1/3 the cost of an Aimpoint with mount. The blue ring and script on the side us fugly, but if it works for a plinker, than I'll be satisfied.

I guess the Gucci Gear Club will have to wait for a little for me to join up, or maybe I just disqualified myself by buying something other than a Aimpoint/Trijicon setup.

If I don't get flamed too badly after this post , I may just be able give an honest opinion of the thing after evaluation.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I orderd my Tacpoint from Midwest Tactical but I guess he didn't get enough in so instead of waiting around or buying somewhere else I just bought an Aimpoint. I figure that a Tacpoint on a rifle with a Surefire M961 and an LDI OTAL would be kinda cheapining the rest of it out. If I can spend over $400.00 on a laser then I can spend $400.00 on a reflex sight. Still not convinced that the Tacpoint is a bad buy but I want to make this as nice a rifle as I can.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#26]
It's Gucci Girls Club
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Does the tacpoint magnify the target?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Does the tacpoint magnify the target?  

No sir, It's unmagnified.  

Pretty much an Aimpoint Comp M/ML/C copy.

ETA: Ow!  Thanks for the correction Duffy!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#29]
hehe, got to know the correct name if ya wanna join

Sooner or later I think the majority of TacPoint buyers will like it enough and wonder what the real deal is like, and buy an Aimpoint
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I have an Aimpoint, but do i have to be in the gucci girls club??
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder about who is being labled the gucci gear guys.

Should it be the guys who by the known to be higher end gear or should it be the guys who buy gear that looks like the high end gear?

Why buy an unknown quantity in the tac-point for $95 when there are BSAs, Tasco Pro-Points, or Bushnell Trophy red dots, all available for less money?

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Damn...I guess I'm S-O-L...all I've got is a couple of EO-Tech's.

I wonder what club I'm in...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn...I guess I'm S-O-L...all I've got is a couple of EO-Tech's.

I wonder what club I'm in...

alt-gucci???
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I got a pair today - the single and double ring models.

Not too bad looking at all. Mounted the single ring to my Mini-14 scout rail after painting it in three color desert (something I wouldn't dare do to my Aimpoints) and the two ring got mounted to my FAL.

Someone mentioned that they had a blue cast to them but comparing them to my Aimpoint Comp ML and Comp M2 I can't see a dime's worth color cast difference between the four of them. They both have a small amount of deep blue cast but it seemed pretty equal.

Paint is still drying on the single ring. Don't know if I'll keep them or just add them to the pile of optics in the safe.

The paint is dry:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29716

I have to give this modrator a +1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
For giving something a try I have been reading the threads on this tacpoint and cant beleive the way some of you flame people over wanting to try an inexpensive option. Not everyone makes the kind of money some of you do. I would luv to see some of you outshot on the range by these cheap optics. I have no doubt Aimpoint is (probably)better but not everybody is going to combat tommorow. Besides we have to support our communist enemies a little there has to be someone to fight. What could be better than shooting a commie with something his wife or brother built.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I have found in my five years here, I use to be this forums moderator before getting shit-canned to the general discussion that many people (MANY) have no idea of what they're doing with their weapons and are mearly following fashion trends. Like the 95% of 4x4's that will never see anything but pavement, lots of people here buy $1200 rifle scopes and only shoot them off the bench at 100 yards, or buy a $450 red-dot and mount and do the same. Too many guys seek status by buying stuff to hang off their rifle. Too many people think that their lack of skill with the weapon can be purchased and attached to the rifle.

If money could buy skill why would the pros practice and train so much?

I understand the difference between a "sniper" rifle - a benchrest rifle - and a combat weapon. Different weapons require different optics.

Focus on your target not your status or even looks!

+1............................................................. again
I'm not one to Qote people much but I concur.
I have yet to see anyone drive an escalade where i take my ford to shoot. I'd even bet drinks that it wont get their.
Although if i were driving on the highway I'd rather ride in a cadi over my ruff riding ford.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I have found in my five years here, I use to be this forums moderator before getting shit-canned to the general discussion that many people (MANY) have no idea of what they're doing with their weapons and are mearly following fashion trends. Like the 95% of 4x4's that will never see anything but pavement, lots of people here buy $1200 rifle scopes and only shoot them off the bench at 100 yards, or buy a $450 red-dot and mount and do the same. Too many guys seek status by buying stuff to hang off their rifle. Too many people think that their lack of skill with the weapon can be purchased and attached to the rifle.

I'm still trying to deside if a set of $175 rings are better than a $150 set, or a $50 set for that matter. There always is a certain level of quality that is good enough. In electrical engineering we had the rule of 10:1 and then 20:1 - if the tollerances were added up in the circuit there was a "fudge" factor for 10% to 5% and spending time working the circuit to be better then that wasn't needed, install some VR's and other calibration devices and move on.

Other than shooting off a concrete bench at stationary targets of a know size at a fixed distance there are so many uncontrollable parts of the hit the target issue that the rifle becomes the smallest part of the equasion compared to the riflemen's abilities. Motion, wind, range estimation errors, shooting up or down hill, and stance are all as important or more important than the 0.1 MOA that the rings or red dot might add. Give my mother an $4500 AR equipped with the best of everything and I'll out shoot her with an off the rack used Mini-14 that cost $250. (Mom doesn't shoot much - nor see very well).

If money could buy skill why would the pros practice and train so much?

I understand the difference between a "sniper" rifle - a benchrest rifle - and a combat weapon. Different weapons require different optics.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=11757

You can hang a $320 Aimpoint M2 off a Mini-14 and not do any better with it then hanging a Hakko TacPoint off of it. I've hung one of my Aimpoints on my Mini-14 and found that I could hit my 18" (center of mass of a man's chest) pretty well out to and beyond 200 yards. A bit worse than one of my AR's with the same sight but good enough for my urban enviornment where I have used a laser range finder to find shots out to a bit more than 100 yards.

Does putting a set of $6000 spinner wheels on your '73 Pacer wagon make it go any faster?

My FAL isn't used for shooting bulleyes either. I've been using a tiny 10-15 year old Tasco AccuDot on the FAL for awhile to some good effect. The AccuDot belongs back on the pistol it came from so the Hakko double ring took it's place. Mounted in see through rings the iron sight is (sort of) available. I'm going to mill open the ring to gain some better visibility of the irons as the they're mounted really low on an FAL.

Focus on your target not your status or even looks!

Here's my "perfect pair" with a 3x compact ACOG and an Aimpoint Comp ML (replaced with an M2 since the picture was taken)

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14782
Designated riflemen's rifle.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=87
CQB weapon.

No freefloated rail system, no forward vertical grips, no lasers, only what is needed to hit a person's COM at the distance the weapon is to be deployed at. Using the iron sights of the rifle it's plenty easy to hit targets up close and personal. The red-dot-of-death isn't too bad out to a couple hundred yards either of the carbine. Both weapons have two sets of sights ready to go - no flipping for me.

Excellent Post.

Thank You

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#39]
 fwiw I just got a Hakko Bed 30 -tacpoint with 4 reticles- and it comes in box that says made in Japan, also says Japan and blue ring on scope.
 I had a Aimpoint before and I would say the dot on it was sharper, glass seems similar.
 My neighbor was in Japanese  pow camp, and makes a point of not buying Japanese stuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
hehe, got to know the correct name if ya wanna join

Sooner or later I think the majority of TacPoint buyers will like it enough and wonder what the real deal is like, and buy an Aimpoint

i plan on getting an AIMpoint regardless,  and the tac will go on my AK
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#41]
I fail to see why some get slammed for using a quality optic.

For me I use some of my personal optics at work - Afghanistan is not the most forgiving place and I dont consider myself a Gucci gear queer some not buying the bargain basement bullshit.  The fact that a lot of active duty troops and cops are posting here I fail to see why we as "professional users" have to demeaned by someone who feels that we did not need to get a high end optic.

Now maybe that was not Kilo assclowns intent - but that is pretty much what I gathered from his comments to Chris and some of the others.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I fail to see why some get slammed for using a quality optic.

For me I use some of my personal optics at work - Afghanistan is not the most forgiving place and I dont consider myself a Gucci gear queer some not buying the bargain basement bullshit.  The fact that a lot of active duty troops and cops are posting here I fail to see why we as "professional users" have to demeaned by someone who feels that we did not need to get a high end optic.

Now maybe that was not Kilo assclowns intent - but that is pretty much what I gathered from his comments to Chris and some of the others.

Just my $.02

KevinB,
I think you are WAY off base here. No one said anything like troops overseas don't need good quality gear. I think everyone here would agree that you need the BEST gear only. The comments made about some people buying more than they need was based on regular Joe Citizen who buys gear based on fashion trends. Go back and read Paul's post.
I have an EOTech 552 Rev E and a Tac-point. My EOTech is on a "Homeland Defense" rifle, and my Tac-point is for bowling pins.
Terms like "Gucci Gear Girl's Club" and "Gear Queer" are not aimed at soldiers gearing up for deployment. It is aimed at those of us who use our rifles to punch holes in paper targets but insist on buying the best gear as if we WERE gearing up for deployment.  As I stated in another post, it is not an insult. It is just a humorous way to refer to people who buy the best, whether they need it or not.
You are here by, officially exempt ,until you are no longer serving in a professional capacity. Then, if you still buy ACOGs for range guns, we are going to send you the membership patch.
In the mean time, keep your head down and stay safe over there.

I fully admit, publicly, that I am a card carrying member of the GGGC!
Hey C4, Tell EOTech to hurry up with that magnifier, I need that and a LaRue mount to secure my quarterly membership to the club!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is your data rbielak..........

The one I have does NOT say "Made In China".  

Nice try.  Now STFU.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So you think YOURS was specially made some place else?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey VA, I don't know if you have been reading what people have acctually SAID in their posts, but some people have the original Tac-point (made in Japan) and some of us have the Blue Ring version (made in China). So, I don't know if rbielak would call his "specially made" but it was made in Japan.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sorry if I dont take seriously the opinions of those that NEVER plan on the possibility of having to use their firearms for a serious purpose, and thus dont care about having quality gear.

God knows Koreans defending their shops from rioters and Floridians defending their homes looters after a huricane is so rare,  or even Joe-citizen defedning his home for that matter, NO ONE needs 100% proven reliable weapons or accessories.  In fact, they are normally just used as range toys.

So, the next time some politician wants to take your guns, be sure to defend your right to go plinking.

Sarah Brady would love this.  Guns are for duck hunting and shooting cans.  Anything else and you must be one of  "those" nuts.

How the character of this country has changed.

Nothing quite like twisting someones words. Who said "NEVER plan on the possibility of having to use their firearms for a serious purpose, and thus dont care about having quality gear."?
If you are talking about me, you need to re-read my post. I HAVE an EOTech 552 on my home defense gun.
And as far as defending the Second Ammedment, where the fuck did that come from??? I am defending plinking? NO FUCKING WAY! The RTKBA has nothing to do with plinking or hunting or putting your head up your ass. And it has nothing to do with this post.
And as far as Sarah Brady goes, I don't think she gives a rat's ass about what optics you put on your "assault rifle".
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post something useful or go away, Trollboy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top