AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You cannot open a book and read? Pity.
View Quote

Wait.  Before we bicker any further; are you Pro-Geissele in this thread or not?  I’ve lost track.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a few "AIDS" mlok rails from PeaceGeek a ways back that had a finish like that. They were $25...
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wait.  Before we bicker any further; are you Pro-Geissele in this thread or not?  I’ve lost track.
View Quote

I responded to alpha0815 about his comment that he has never oiled his Larue and KAC rails. Nobody needs to oil their rails.

What's "Pro-Geissele"? I just think if someone sends you a faulty product you should send it back for them to correct. I have stated in this thread that all major manufacturers have sent out bad batches. I have stated in this thread that my Trijicon TA50 ACOG that I got in November was broke on day one and I sent it in to repair/replace. Still haven't gotten that repaired/replaced optic from Trijicon. That doesn't mean Trijicon is garbage and everyone should refrain from using their optics like some fanatics are insisting that people do for Geissele. Lastly, only Geissele products that I own are Airborne charging handles. I have owned SSA and G2S triggers in the past (sold on the EE). Never owned a Geissele rail as I don't do M-Lok rails. Never owned a Geissele rifle.

A lot of common sense is missing in this thread. And the fact remains that you don't need to oil anodized aluminum, ever. It is madness to do so.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
How the fuck is this thread still not in GD?

Someone will post a thread about painting rifles and it’ll get immediately moved to the fucking refinishing section where it’ll die because no one goes there but we’re 14 pages deep of this shit show lmao
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I responded to alpha0815 about his comment that he has never oiled his Larue and KAC rails. Nobody needs to oil their rails.

What's "Pro-Geissele"? I just think if someone sends you a faulty product you should send it back for them to correct. I have stated in this thread that all major manufacturers have sent out bad batches. I have stated in this thread that my Trijicon TA50 ACOG that I got in November was broke on day one and I sent it in to repair/replace. Still haven't gotten that repaired/replaced optic from Trijicon. That doesn't mean Trijicon is garbage and everyone should refrain from using their optics like some fanatics are insisting that people do for Geissele. Lastly, only Geissele products that I own are Airborne charging handles. I have owned SSA and G2S triggers in the past (sold on the EE). Never owned a Geissele rail as I don't do M-Lok rails. Never owned a Geissele rifle.

A lot of common sense is missing in this thread. And the fact remains that you don't need to oil anodized aluminum, ever. It is madness to do so.
View Quote

The only thing I’ve ever heard about anodizing and oil is in reference to darkening up the color.  Allegedly, the anodizing is porous and can absord oil.  I’m guessing it doesn’t protect it, just changes the color.

I’m certainly not a metallurgist though so I have no clue.

Eta: Also, your assessment about the situation is fair and reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To quote Molon, quoting Bill G,

"Geissele weapons stand out on the firing line.  I want it that way.  Their distinctive color and smooth and lustrous finish is immediately noticeable when a shooter picks up a Geissele rifle.   One way to make a weapon with this velvety, luxurious look that feels so good in the hand is to use very gentle hand and machine finishing methods to smooth the surface of the aluminum." - Bill Geissele

I’d say that a CEO advertising his product as something with a premium feel would count. Hell, if Ford’s ceo talked about a Focus with a premium leather interior and it turned out to be pleather on delivery, they’d get reamed too.

I don’t own any G products, but will certainly wait for QA issues to be fixed. If I’m paying significantly more than my average Aero or Fortis parts, especially for something purported to be ‘better,’ it should certainly show it on unboxing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you buy something advertised with a premium finish and feel, but get something that is neither, it’s a valid complaint. Apparently it’s a thing with G.

If you buy anything advertised as a given quality, have purchased things at that quality, then suddenly get something vastly outside that, it’s an understandable gripe. Doesn’t matter what the product is. G is having plenty of comments about QA issues and extremely poor CS. A visible complaint may change that. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets grease.

The thing about that is it’s not advertised as having a premium finish. It’s type 3 ano just like everyone else uses.  That’s why most are black, but some aren’t perfect.  Just like everyone else’s.

From the G site:

The Geissele MK14 Super Modular rail is finished in a durable and long lasting Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized available in either Black or Geissele’s DDC finish.

"Geissele weapons stand out on the firing line.  I want it that way.  Their distinctive color and smooth and lustrous finish is immediately noticeable when a shooter picks up a Geissele rifle.   One way to make a weapon with this velvety, luxurious look that feels so good in the hand is to use very gentle hand and machine finishing methods to smooth the surface of the aluminum." - Bill Geissele

I’d say that a CEO advertising his product as something with a premium feel would count. Hell, if Ford’s ceo talked about a Focus with a premium leather interior and it turned out to be pleather on delivery, they’d get reamed too.

I don’t own any G products, but will certainly wait for QA issues to be fixed. If I’m paying significantly more than my average Aero or Fortis parts, especially for something purported to be ‘better,’ it should certainly show it on unboxing.

I looked around the site and found that. That’s pretty cheezy. I mean, if you’re gonna anodize your stuff just like everyone else, just call it what it is.

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lol holy shit dude. "Where did I say you" lol the fuck? Take some time of the internet boards gramps, your mind can't comprehend all these letters. Lol also, calling people out on the amount of feedback they have.
View Quote

No not calling out but simply stating lack of feedback, lack of posts generally points to a lack of positive site contributions as well as not a earned reputation or respect.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How the fuck is this thread still not in GD?

Someone will post a thread about painting rifles and it’ll get immediately moved to the fucking refinishing section where it’ll die because no one goes there but we’re 14 pages deep of this shit show lmao
View Quote

It's going to stay here for the time being, we are still going through and identifying members who violated the COC.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You are being made to read this manifesto because you also have to accept these unavoidable manufacturing fingerprints that are not removed from my rifles and accessories.  If this bothers you my loyal and dear customer I completely understand. I humbly ask that you look elsewhere for your kit.

A whole page dedicated to don't buy G parts if you want perfect anodizing. And your still gonna whine about a black anodized rail you ordered and that's exactly what you got.

It's pretty clear to me that you are "that guy". You know "that guy" that every local business in a 30 mile radius dreads coming through their door. Those are just the ones that allow "that guy" to still come through the door. Petty.
View Quote

Why did the anodizing process change and the finish degrade when customers loved it - one of the attractions?  Can't be called an improvement either functionally or aesthetically. Price certainly did not go down.  Legitimate question seeking a real answer and not an evasion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Check out this horrible pin and weld on a factory 14.5 super duty. Bill call me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's aluminum. Oil is not going to protect anything because aluminum doesn't rust and the anodizing protects the aluminum from corrosion. It's 100% not necessary nor does it help do anything at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do it periodically on my aluminum parts, recievers/rails. Soaks in for a smoother finish.

I have  old RRA and Bushmaster uppers/lowers that are smoother feeling than when new long ago. I've used BreakFree CLP for that use for a long time. Since my first AR,  a Sendra back in the mid '80s.

It's aluminum. Oil is not going to protect anything because aluminum doesn't rust and the anodizing protects the aluminum from corrosion. It's 100% not necessary nor does it help do anything at all.
Corrosion IS rust and aluminum will corrode faster than most steels. That's what that white powder is on aluminum stuff left unprotected for any amount of time.
Anodizing is not the only way to protect aluminum but it is the best method. A properly sealed anodized aluminum part will not accept any oil. I suspect OP's rail would soak it up like a sponge. OP is right to be unhappy with this part. That being said IN MY OPINION, OP has this thread in the wrong forum and should contact CS for Giessle.
That's the only way to get stuff like this on their radar so issues like this can be weeded out before shipping. If they don't want to try to get it resolved, returned, etc. then Giessle can only assume that despite several pages of this thread, OP is ultimately fine with the rail and nothing needs to be done by them.

Nick
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bill has a strong following.  Lots of loyal blind sheep fan boys I see.

Just amazing to read all this and see people so loyal to this company.  Yet when you speak to former employees and read online reviews of bus renamed company, tons of people hated the work environment and how they were treated.  

Don’t take my word for it.  Do your own research and you’ll see.  They don’t have the best reputation in that town for a good work environment.  Again do your own research.  It’s out there
View Quote

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Geissele-Automatics-Reviews-E685308.htm

23 reviews.. 2/5 rating.. 0% of reviews "Approve of the CEO"
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Recent (non-blem) DDC receiver set I ordered looked the same. Dull, chalky finish quality.

Nothing like the older Geissele/ALG products I own. Pretty disappointing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No not calling out but simply stating lack of feedback, lack of posts generally points to a lack of positive site contributions as well as not a earned reputation or respect.
View Quote

Funny. Lack of posts tells me someone has a life. When someone has a ton of posts it tells me they don't really have a life outside of the internet.

Feedback merely counts in the EE. Not everyone comes here for that (clearly). Positive feedback just means someone bothered to leave that. Reputation yes, has nothing to do with respect IMO. Also not everyone leaves feedback in a sale. I have sold twice the number of items that I have feedback on. It's irrelevant to contribution to this website in my book.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I looked around the site and found that. That’s pretty cheezy. I mean, if you’re gonna anodize your stuff just like everyone else, just call it what it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you buy something advertised with a premium finish and feel, but get something that is neither, it’s a valid complaint. Apparently it’s a thing with G.

If you buy anything advertised as a given quality, have purchased things at that quality, then suddenly get something vastly outside that, it’s an understandable gripe. Doesn’t matter what the product is. G is having plenty of comments about QA issues and extremely poor CS. A visible complaint may change that. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets grease.

The thing about that is it’s not advertised as having a premium finish. It’s type 3 ano just like everyone else uses.  That’s why most are black, but some aren’t perfect.  Just like everyone else’s.

From the G site:

The Geissele MK14 Super Modular rail is finished in a durable and long lasting Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized available in either Black or Geissele’s DDC finish.

I thought throwing a fully assembled rifle down the driveway was Bill's selling point of his rail ruggedness.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:58:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Funny. Lack of posts tells me someone has a life. When someone has a ton of posts it tells me they don't really have a life outside of the internet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why did the anodizing process change and the finish degrade when customers loved it - one of the attractions?  Can't be called an improvement either functionally or aesthetically. Price certainly did not go down.  Legitimate question seeking a real answer and not an evasion.
View Quote

I think you have a legitimate question. But I don't know the answer to that. And neither does molon. Companies change how they do things all of the time. Let's be honest we don't know if anything has changed. Has QC slipped? Or did this just slip through the cracks?

The only thing we know for sure is that molon ordered a black anodized rail and he got a black anodized rail. We also know he refuses to contact customer service. Nobody knows what customer service would have done if he contacted them. Im inclined towards them telling him to take a hike, if the rail is black and serviceable and that's what he ordered. Thats why they have a whole page dedicated to telling people if you want perfect anodizing to shop elsewhere.

I honestly had no idea that people loved the finish of G's products and that was one of the attractions. I thought the average consumer bought their stuff due to the perceived benefits of a better than mil-spec or commercial part.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know anything about anodizing.

I've had/seen LaRue and KAC stuff that's flat and kinda chalky and I've seen Aero, BCM and even STNGR stuff that's a perfectly even black.

I just always figured the chalky flat finish was more Tier 1.

Either way, best thread of 2022 so far!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think you have a legitimate question. But I don't know the answer to that. And neither does molon. Companies change how they do things all of the time. Let's be honest we don't know if anything has changed. Has QC slipped? Or did this just slip through the cracks?

The only thing we know for sure is that molon ordered a black anodized rail and he got a black anodized rail. We also know he refuses to contact customer service. Nobody knows what customer service would have done if he contacted them. Im inclined towards them telling him to take a hike, if the rail is black and serviceable and that's what he ordered. Thats why they have a whole page dedicated to telling people if you want perfect anodizing to shop elsewhere.

I honestly had no idea that people loved the finish of G's products and that was one of the attractions. I thought the average consumer bought their stuff due to the perceived benefits of a better than mil-spec or commercial part.
View Quote

I think Geissele does know the answer.  I think (but without proof) that they know about this thread and are following it.  I wish they would step up and answer it, even though Molon seems disinclined to reach out to them due to his view that Geissele has been unresponsive to him in the past.

The impasse has created a 14 page thread that is likely going to cost Geissele sales if this question goes unanswered.  Regardless of whether Molon or Bill chose to end the Mexican Standoff, we do deserve answers.

Is this just a one-off QC issue?

Has Geissele purposefully chosen an aesthetically unattractive anodizing process?

If so, why change from one that was one of the best in the industry?

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think Geissele does know the answer.  I think (but without proof) that they know about this thread and are following it.  I wish they would step up and answer it, even though Molon seems disinclined to reach out to them due to his view that Geissele has been unresponsive to him in the past.

The impasse has created a 14 page thread that is likely going to cost Geissele sales if this question goes unanswered.  Regardless of whether Molon or Bill chose to end the Mexican Standoff, we do deserve answers.

Has Geissele purposefully chosen an aesthetically unattractive anodizing process?

View Quote

I doubt it. If anything this thread would make me want to buy from Bill. I see this thread not as a "Review" as has been claimed by the author of this thread.  But more of an Axe grinding.  The way it should have been handled is OP could have started a thread I'm the Geissele industry forum tagged the G folks and gotten it handled.  

At this point if I were Bill I would just offer a refund after the rail is returned and move on. No sense in offering an exchange since OP clearly has made up his mind.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I doubt it. If anything this thread would make me want to buy from Bill. I see this thread not as a "Review" as has been claimed by the author of this thread.  But more of an Axe grinding.  The way it should have been handled is OP could have started a thread I'm the Geissele industry forum tagged the G folks and gotten it handled.  

At this point if I were Bill I would just offer a refund after the rail is returned and move on. No sense in offering an exchange since OP clearly has made up his mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m in disagreement, I feel from other posts this is not isolated, and the QC is hit or miss, it may be excellent or it may be pure shit. I know my experience. I did buy a excellent used MK4 and need another, I also wanted to try a BCG, and barrel. Barrel finish change has made me decide to stick with DD, and other BCG’s available now that are proven. I have also decided to wait for the RIS III, it offers everything I want and DD has always been good and gone the extra mile when I messed up. Their barrels are tried and tested. I will only buy SSA-Es from here on in and those will be a while before I need more.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it comes down to surface finish before anodizing and not much else.

LaRue always had a rougher finish with matte black anodizing that would get skin/nail marks on it like the OP's rail.

The opposite would be something like Unity Tactical recently.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just amazing to read all this and see people so loyal to this company.  Yet when you speak to former employees and read online reviews of bus renamed company, tons of people hated the work environment and how they were treated.  

Don’t take my word for it.  Do your own research and you’ll see.  They don’t have the best reputation in that town for a good work environment.  Again do your own research.  It’s out there

Thread is now a "disgruntled (ex)-employees" thread. Guess the truth was bound to come out in the end. Explains why the OP is unwilling to contact G's CS team to get this resolved.

Reiterate this thread should be moved to GD; nothing of technical merit here.....just "axes to grind"
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thread is now a "disgruntled (ex)-employees" thread. Guess the truth was bound to come out in the end. Explains why the OP is unwilling to contact G's CS team to get this resolved.

Reiterate this thread should be moved to GD; nothing of technical merit here.....just "axes to grind"
View Quote

Concur but it won't happen. If mods/staff haven't done it by now it won't happen.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Arfcom needs a play therapy doll collection that gets passed around.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reading some of the reviews it sounds like a place I worked for besides the free food. This is more of a gd argument but I'm not a huge fan of some of the practices although I trust them to make a faulty product right if needed.

My mk16 rails have been smooth to the touch but my mk8 has a little more chalk board type feel that is smoothing out with use like other ano I've had.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The impasse has created a 14 page thread that is likely going to cost Geissele sales if this question goes unanswered.
View Quote

Nothing he says will ever influence my decision to buy Geissele products, especially their triggers.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#31]
OMG..... it's like a train wreck (explosion) but damned if I don't keep coming back
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This makes you want to buy?? Because you see Geissele as the victim here, somehow.
They won't, not the way they work. Remember the MK16 debacle and "bendy bill?"
Rather than address problems, they freaking threatened customers with legal action. How anyone still supports this company is beyond me.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This makes you want to buy?? Because you see Geissele as the victim here, somehow.
They won't, not the way they work. Remember the MK16 debacle and "bendy bill?"
Rather than address problems, they freaking threatened customers with legal action. How anyone still supports this company is beyond me.

View Quote

Yup makes me want to buy. I've bought in the past and will continue in the future if need be. I also don't see G as "The victim". As far as the MK16 and "Bendy Bill" issues nobody is perfect. He's done way more good for gun owners and that is a fact.  

Name me one single MFG that hasn't had issues? Everytime I've seen someone with an issue with their G equipment that actually took the effort to connect with them in their industry section it's always been taken care of. Even when it was user error. Like the guy who shot 300 BO through his 556 G rifle.

Bill took it back got the bullet out and continued to shoot the rifle. He could have told the guy to kick rocks but didn't. To each their own don't like G don't buy. Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How anyone still supports this company is beyond me.
View Quote

They make great triggers that are used by the US military? Maybe that's why? Someone complained about the G2S here but that was about it. I don't know anyone complaining about their premium triggers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’ve sent back a couple of triggers and needed a barrel nut one time and they were great.

Maybe it’s you
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’ve sent back a couple of triggers and needed a barrel nut one time and they were great.

Maybe it’s you

Some people just have bad luck. I had an AK blow up here years ago, pretty badly too. Came from a well respected builder in Missouri.

Molon does good work here and I love seeing his posts.

Quoted:

Disregarding "accuracy" comparisons when the ammo used can't be guaranteed to turn in a 2 MOA group isn't gatekeeping.

So if on rifled turned in a 4 MOA group and one a 2.5 moa group it would be lying to say the 2.5 MOA group from the one rifle is more accurate, no?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Armorers, at least mostly. Geissele didn't.
View Quote

Correct, barrels from DD, triggrs and rails from G, donor parts from existing colt rifles, all assembled together by crane
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

at its best.
View Quote

I'm surprised it wasn't moved to GD with the bickering.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I live in WA state, project elsewhere. If anything I'm one of the most level headed here. I posted that for people to get a glimpse into the environment Geisseles products come from to give context to the idea that there are reasons quality has been slipping. An overbearing engineer as a boss trying to spread his expertise too thin. Hires management he doesn't trust. Creates a hostile work environment that sheds experienced shop floor employees.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yup makes me want to buy. I've bought in the past and will continue in the future if need be. I also don't see G as "The victim". As far as the MK16 and "Bendy Bill" issues nobody is perfect. He's done way more good for gun owners and that is a fact.  

Name me one single MFG that hasn't had issues? Everytime I've seen someone with an issue with their G equipment that actually took the effort to connect with them in their industry section it's always been taken care of. Even when it was user error. Like the guy who shot 300 BO through his 556 G rifle.

Bill took it back got the bullet out and continued to shoot the rifle. He could have told the guy to kick rocks but didn't. To each their own don't like G don't buy. Plain and simple.
View Quote

I remember that thread.

It showed a lot about Geissele.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AaronR
Wait, where or who are the disgruntled former employees posting here? I’m wondering what I missed as I don’t see any? I see where their not rated very good to work for, so please tell us the former disgruntled employees who are posting in the thread?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I remember that thread.

It showed a lot about Geissele.

View Quote

Actually that thread and the Firearms News review were the main reasons I ended up buying my 40MM Green Super Duty.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I’d assume that’s peep n’ cola vomit camo?

I am curious if the anodize issues are strictly the black production line. I’d think that they’d all get the same treatment minus ink dip.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I run a fcd bolt release over the giessele as well. Way more solid but besides that and no qd end plate I think they are solid.
View Quote

Fun fact, they had manufacturing problems too in those early on. Someone used wrong steel.  

I didn't start a thread bashing FCD though.

I sent Roger a PM and he took care of the problem.

That's probably what would have happened here. But someone needed some attention.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fun fact, they had manufacturing problems too in those early on. Someone used wrong steel.  

I didn't start a thread bashing FCD though.

I sent Roger a PM and he took care of the problem.

That's probably what would have happened here. But someone needed some attention.  

View Quote

Fun fact, FCD has a distinct reputation of honoring their customers. If the subject of this thread was a product made by FCD, Roger would be here to take the blame and explain the situation. Geissele has a distinct reputation of shunning unhappy, previously very loyal, customers and hiding in the shadows when these issues are brought up publicly allowing all of his water carrying minions to come out and defend his honor as his company slips again and again.

I've said it before, this thread isn't about Molon's rail, it's about holding Geissele accountable to be the company we all want it to be. If Bill needs to raise prices to keep quality up, that's what he should do. Instead he's keeping prices the same and LOWERING standards.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fun fact, FCD has a distinct reputation of honoring their customers. If the subject of this thread was a product made by FCD, Roger would be here to take the blame and explain the situation. Geissele has a distinct reputation of shunning unhappy, previously very loyal, customers and hiding in the shadows when these issues are brought up publicly allowing all of his water carrying minions to come out and defend his honor as his company slips again and again.
View Quote

I would come out and stand up for Roger just like you did. He shouldn't have to come into threads like these.  

Op could have talked to someone at Geissele first instead of starting a bash thread. But it doesn't look like he did.  

I've had plenty of shit break. A T1 just quit working after being on a pistol. I didn't start a thread about it.  I talked to CS and they fixed my problem.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#47]
It doesn't matter what you'd do. Bill doesn't possess the same respect that Roger has for his customers and that's why he's not here despite being @ mentioned. It's not just Roger, many large business owners have appeared in this forum to backup their products and take accountability. PSA and BCM owners both come to mind. That aside and more to the point, Geissele's trend is headed toward a shit product at a price that should place it between mid and high tier AR15s. Doesn't matter how much water you intend to carry, Geissele's strategic absence paired with all of his blunders of the past and in addition to his black oxide barrels and shoddy ano speak for themselves.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter what you'd do. Bill doesn't possess the same respect that Roger has for his customers and that's why he's not here despite being @ mentioned. It's not just Roger, many large business owners have appeared in this forum to backup their products and take accountability. PSA and BCM owners both come to mind. That aside and more to the point, Geissele's trend is headed toward a shit product at a price that should place it between mid and high tier AR15s. Doesn't matter how much water you intend to carry, Geissele's strategic absence paired with all of his blunders of the past and in addition to his black oxide barrels and shoddy ano speak for themselves.
View Quote

To be fair, Geissele's output far exceeds that of FCD (reasonable assumption). That naturally comes with a proportionally higher volume of QC issues, which often happens when a company grows too large too quickly. Roger has intentionally kept FCD within arms reach so QC issues are fewer and far between, but I've also personally had several issues with FCD products so it's naïve to think any brand is immune. He's just more responsive, which I think we all appreciate.

Bill has chosen to scale at the cost of his civilian-facing products, real or perceived, and I think that's a shame. I like some of their products but they are no longer my go-to like they once were. At the end of the day I think they're still a net-positive despite their lack of interaction, and there's a reason some higher-tier units are switching over to G. I would still at least try to contact them if I had an issue lol.

You can disagree with me, but we'll agree to disagree and that's fine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I don’t recall anything about how my mk16 felt before it got covered with some thiccc layers of cheap spray paint
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Actually that thread and the Firearms News review were the main reasons I ended up buying my 40MM Green Super Duty.
View Quote

Same. It took a couple months for my 14.5 super duty to get to me. I had totally forgotten about it:
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top