BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Patriot, I have to agree with the poster above.  You've gotten special treatment because of the amount of attention and the potential loss of many customers because of this thread.  These complaints have been plenty and they've had years to rectify this.  This is a company with questionable sales tactics.  They've been reported to the AG of Florida for quite awhile now.  The only reason why they responded to your plight was because of the amount of business they stand to lose because of the attention they've recieved due to this thread.  It's easy to blame "the one guy" who caused it all when they were just as responsible for their business behavior.  I won't let one "good try" to save their financial skins cheat me or anyone else I know out of their money (remember, I dealt with them as well).  Take it for what it's worth, but I don't believe in coincidences (ie....the sudden change in management and the posting of bad business dealings on the largest forum for ar-15 users).
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto,

I will never order from FGW again.  Furthermore I will discourage anyone else I know from making the same mistake I did.  About a year ago there was talk on the FAL files of organizing a group buy on STG58 kits.  Many people chimed into the thread conveying negative experiences they had had with FGW in the past (or pointed people too threads on other forums voicing grievances with FGW).  A fellow from the files contacted someone at FGW and brought this up.  The person from FGW said they'd just recently changed management and that things were now different.  Well that was a year ago so it doesn't look like much has changed.  All you have to do is bring up the name FGW on an internet gun form and you'll quickly get people chiming in that have also had bad experiences.  

rssc      
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Restocking fees are always BS anyway.

I had a problem with a 40 round mag I ordered from Bushmaster, I called them, they had me send back the mag, freight was paid by them, and they gave me the option of cash back or a new item. No hassle, very professional.  
THAT is the way I expect web based firearms businesses to be run, and I won't settle for anything less. Sorry FGW, you are crossed off my list.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
People who screw other people enough times are bound to screw the wrong guy eventually.

It's people like the owners of FGW who mysteriously end up dead or missing.

Isn't it inherently dangerous to screw over people spending large amounts of money who also are gun owners?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Patriot, I have to agree with the poster above.  You've gotten special treatment because of the amount of attention and the potential loss of many customers because of this thread.  These complaints have been plenty and they've had years to rectify this.  This is a company with questionable sales tactics.  They've been reported to the AG of Florida for quite awhile now.  The only reason why they responded to your plight was because of the amount of business they stand to lose because of the attention they've recieved due to this thread.  It's easy to blame "the one guy" who caused it all when they were just as responsible for their business behavior.  I won't let one "good try" to save their financial skins cheat me or anyone else I know out of their money (remember, I dealt with them as well).  Take it for what it's worth, but I don't believe in coincidences (ie....the sudden change in management and the posting of bad business dealings on the largest forum for ar-15 users).
View Quote

Ya know what, I am the messenger and just trying to be honest and tell everyone what I have been told. Will I order from them again? No. But please don't get self riteous and try to explain this to me. I did not get a refund because I was getting special treatment, I got a refund because I am damn good at getting results. Using this forum was only a small part of my operation, but think what you want. You should be happy, I generally employ these tactics of compostion against anti-gun ploiticians and believe me the results are the same. I could give two squats whom you order things from, but don't try to explain what happened to me when I was the one that made it happen, I was the only one out of ALL of you that got these type of results and I was the ONLY one to get my money back and fast. So think what you want, I posted this info to tip off others on a potential scam and because I am a good guy I posted how FGW had made right on the deal. You think what you want and I don't mean to be an ass, but don't try to explain things you don't even come close to understanding. Don't lecture me, just follow along and you may actually learn something.
Nuff Said
Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, this scared the shit out of me, I'll never buy from FGW. I'm already paranoid about internet orders.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
If all my AR's were broke, and FGW was the only place to get the parts I needed.....

I'll be the proud owner of multiple clubs and spears (for the ones with bayo lugs).
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya know what, I am the messenger and just trying to be honest and tell everyone what I have been told. Will I order from them again? No. But please don't get self riteous and try to explain this to me. I did not get a refund because I was getting special treatment, I got a refund because I am damn good at getting results. Using this forum was only a small part of my operation, but think what you want. You should be happy, I generally employ these tactics of compostion against anti-gun ploiticians and believe me the results are the same. I could give two squats whom you order things from, but don't try to explain what happened to me when I was the one that made it happen, I was the only one out of ALL of you that got these type of results and I was the ONLY one to get my money back and fast. So think what you want, I posted this info to tip off others on a potential scam and because I am a good guy I posted how FGW had made right on the deal. You think what you want and I don't mean to be an ass, but don't try to explain things you don't even come close to understanding. Don't lecture me, just follow along and you may actually learn something.
Nuff Said
Merry Christmas
View Quote

Patriot73,

I appreciate you're bringing this experience to our attention.  It's ashame FGW isn't on the up and up.  They've got some decent products from time to time (albeit pretty pricey).  I got the same run around trying to call them up.  I probably could have pushed it further in my case.  I didn't because they wouldn't make up the difference and I didn't want to wait a minimum of 3 weeks to receive a few parts.  Funny thing is when I asked the guy to send me the parts he simply said, "sorry we don't have them".  After a 2+ month ordeal, I'd had it with them.  

note:  If you can't find a phone number listed ANYWHERE on the website.... be weary.  That's a bad sign.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Ya know what, I am the messenger and just trying to be honest and tell everyone what I have been told. Will I order from them again? No. But please don't get self riteous and try to explain this to me. I did not get a refund because I was getting special treatment, I got a refund because I am damn good at getting results. Using this forum was only a small part of my operation, but think what you want. You should be happy, I generally employ these tactics of compostion against anti-gun ploiticians and believe me the results are the same. I could give two squats whom you order things from, but don't try to explain what happened to me when I was the one that made it happen, I was the only one out of ALL of you that got these type of results and I was the ONLY one to get my money back and fast. So think what you want, I posted this info to tip off others on a potential scam and because I am a good guy I posted how FGW had made right on the deal. You think what you want and I don't mean to be an ass, but don't try to explain things you don't even come close to understanding. Don't lecture me, just follow along and you may actually learn something.
Nuff Said
Merry Christmas
View Quote

Despite the fact that Patriot73 uses some black-ops style top-secret tactics that none of the rest of us dumb ol' boys "could even come close to understanding", I still believe that FGW is a poor choice for online business.  

And don't lecture him fer gosh sakes, he might turn some of those high-powered tactics on you   ;)
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:Ya know what, I am the messenger and just trying to be honest and tell everyone what I have been told. Will I order from them again? No. But please don't get self riteous and try to explain this to me. I did not get a refund because I was getting special treatment, I got a refund because I am damn good at getting results. Using this forum was only a small part of my operation, but think what you want. You should be happy, I generally employ these tactics of compostion against anti-gun ploiticians and believe me the results are the same. I could give two squats whom you order things from, but don't try to explain what happened to me when I was the one that made it happen, I was the only one out of ALL of you that got these type of results and I was the ONLY one to get my money back and fast. So think what you want, I posted this info to tip off others on a potential scam and because I am a good guy I posted how FGW had made right on the deal. You think what you want and I don't mean to be an ass, but don't try to explain things you don't even come close to understanding. Don't lecture me, just follow along and you may actually learn something.
Nuff Said
Merry Christmas
View Quote

Despite the fact that Patriot73 uses some black-ops style top-secret tactics that none of the rest of us dumb ol' boys "could even come close to understanding", I still believe that FGW is a poor choice for online business.  

And don't lecture him fer gosh sakes, he might turn some of those high-powered tactics on you   ;)
View Quote

[LOLabove]   [nana]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nuff Said
Merry Christmas
View Quote

View Quote

See, now this is why i will never make it in politics, I'm just too damn knee-jerk. I'm not this cocky, really I swear. This has been one hell of an adventure but at least I did get my money back and we all got to compare notes.
All's well that end's well I guess.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree.

I just wish my story would have had such a good ending.

lesson learned...
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Contact your Credit Card company as soon as there appears to be a problem.  Although not illegal most Credit Card Issuers have policies and agreements with their merchants that they can't charge before shipping.  If they did charge your account before shipping and they make a habit of it they should lose their ability to accept cards from the card issuers.

(That said I never heard of a New York Camera company getting clanged over it.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:31:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nuff Said
Merry Christmas
View Quote

Cmon on now, take a look at your first post and now take a look at this one.  It went from you being helpless on what to do to you spearheading an epic campaign to stop the evil business.  You're trying to tell all of us that all of a sudden, despite all the help and info you've gotten here as well as the attention the thread has recieved, that it was all you?  I find it pretty ingratious to ar15.com and it's users that you don't seem to give credit to those that tried to help you as well as the pressure that the presence of this thread gave to FGW.  But hey, I'm sure the next time you post seeking advice that you won't mind the lack of responses because I'm sure you'll have your own solution.  So in short, I apologize for wasting space in your thread with suggestions that I thought might have aided you...you had it under control all along.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Florida GunWorks
8306 Mills Drive, Unit #571
Miami, FL 33183

People that mees with someones money should be careful, they might not take it to good. If they would have messed with my money I would have to take a vist to their store and talk with them :) I am in Miami also.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top